Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)

quinnmcc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you :)
Hiya! I've been gone for a minute, but now I'm back! Fostering 11 kittens + 2 mamas is a full time career! All are doing so well and hitting all their milestones. We are keeping the orange kitten, we've named him "Leo", he will be getting fixed along with the two mamas in May, all 3 will be staying with us! All of the other 10 kittens are now adopted and waiting to go to their new homes! They'll be seeing the vet in 2 weeks :) Hope everyone else's kittens and mamas are doing well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So cute - all of them! Glad you are keeping one! I'll bet you've been incredibly busy. Kitty Day Care Center! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness how sweet! You sure have your hands full!

Question: So the three musketeers are now stretching their legs more and more and I have put something in front so they can't get out but mama can still get it. But I kid you not, once sorta hops out. He like does this hop thing (he's also the one that walks pretty good for his age now too). So what do I do? I feel like they are too little to keep in the bathroom and even still I'd have to constantly let Riley in and out. What can I do for them? I do believe they need more space to wander in.
This is where they are minus the object barricade

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm too tired to read through your thread. So I apologize for asking if the info is already here.   Do you have a bedroom you can kitten proof and let them roam?  If it is your bedroom, be sure to get a nightlight so you can watch for kittens when it is dark.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree that a bedroom is the next best place. They must get out and begin playing and exploring. Mine moved from a closet into my bedroom for several weeks. Just remove breakables and let them at it! And yes, a nightlight so you don't step on or kick a kitten if you get up in the dark. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree that a bedroom is the next best place. They must get out and begin playing and exploring. Mine moved from a closet into my bedroom for several weeks. Just remove breakables and let them at it! And yes, a nightlight so you don't step on or kick a kitten if you get up in the dark. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Also using an elastic hair tie that stretches with a bell attached to it, is very helpful to avoid stepping on a kitty. Just be sure to check daily for fit as they grow quickly.

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you :) I feel bad because Riley likes being free so how often should I let her back in the room?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should instictively desire to go back in the room with her kittens periodically - every couple of hours perhaps.

quinnmcc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So cute - all of them! Glad you are keeping one! I'll bet you've been incredibly busy. Kitty Day Care Center! [emoji]128522[/emoji]
I couldn't have said it better myself!!!! I've been calling it the "Kitten Nursery" [emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]127868[/emoji][emoji]127977[/emoji]

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I'm gonna put them in my walk in closet and place a 6 in piece of card board by its door so they can't get out but Riley can get in. That way I don't have to worry about them getting stepped on and Riley has free range. They can playin the shoe cubbies lol I worry about the baseboard heaters but those are in every room so no way to avoid them.

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Is the one on the right a long haired kittie? I'm not sure what a long haired kitten would look like. And her fur is much different then her brother or sisters.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Is the one on the right a long haired kittie? I'm not sure what a long haired kitten would look like. And her fur is much different then her brother or sisters.

She looks more medium haired to me. Long hair is recessive so it's unlikely she is long haired if her mom was is a short haired cat.

This is what Tesla (my long haired cat) looked like as a young kitten.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My short-hair tortie queen had a number of long-haired kittens. Their daddy was long-haired. Neither of those precious babies are long-hair. When you do have one, the difference with a short-hair is striking. You won't have any difficulty telling the difference.

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is a lot more fluffier than her siblings. She looks much bigger than them but weighs much less. That's why I was wondering. Her hair seems longer too. The daddy (who I think is the daddy) is long haired.

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

mamax3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is definitely medium-haired.

The best way to tell is to look at the tail in comparison to the tail of the short haired baby.

Long haired kittens typically have much more fluff around their faces than your girl.

See how fluffy their faces are?

And this is my Medium haired cat, Kiwi as a kitten.

Ok she does look more like your baby.

Her fur makes her look huge compared to her siblings.

Last edited by a moderator: