Is my pregnant cat nesting?

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did not know that. 

Please let us know what the vet diagnoses that skin condition is on that pretty male. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens is opening his eyes! They're only starting to open a tiny bit. I noticed last night. And today I think the girl started opening her eyes a bit too. [emoji]128525[/emoji] (I think there's only one female among them but I'm having trouble telling apart, some are more obvious than others)

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ours are slowly opening too! [emoji]128525[/emoji]
I want to see more pictures of your kittens!
How is momma cat feeling?
Any news about the other two cats you had rescued?

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ours are slowly opening too! [emoji]128525[/emoji]
I want to see more pictures of your kittens!
How is momma cat feeling?
Any news about the other two cats you had rescued?
I'll take more photos soon! Just don't want the flash to irritate their eyes while they're opening right now and the box they're in is dark.

Cheetos is fine, still meows for no reason sometimes. Today's her last day on antibiotics.

The kitten is doing fine and the male was released from the vet's yesterday [emoji]128522[/emoji]

How old have yours gotten? [emoji]128525[/emoji]

Okay so this one I can't tell whether it's male or female. I know the picture isn't very clear (it was squirming so much) but can you throw in a guess?

I tried to compare it with the rest since I'm sure of their genders (I sent pictures earlier) but I still can't tell. I only wanna know because I hate calling them "it". [emoji]128517[/emoji] And because I wanna name them.

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His belly is so fluffy!! Maybe he's a long haired kitty?
Definately fluffier than our kittens (Mamma is medium/short hair and Daddy is unknown)
They are too cute![emoji]128571[/emoji]
I didn't notice earlier but do you know what the Daddy cat looks like?
Our kittens are 9 days old today. Almost the same age as yours I think?

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's a boy lol

I agree- boy! So cute! Can't wait to see more pictures!
Thanks, boy it is! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

His belly is so fluffy!! Maybe he's a long haired kitty?
Definately fluffier than our kittens (Mamma is medium/short hair and Daddy is unknown)
They are too cute![emoji]128571[/emoji]
I didn't notice earlier but do you know what the Daddy cat looks like?
Our kittens are 9 days old today. Almost the same age as yours I think?
9 days old already! [emoji]128571[/emoji] And yes, for the two blondes it's the 11th day and for the other two it's the 10th day, so same age.

Yes, I have a picture of the dad.

He's way prettier but he'd just woken up. And don't think I have him trapped, his owner has a pet store and he puts him in a cage even though he won't sell him. I tried so hard to talk him out of it and tell him that if he didn't wanna sell him he should put him at his house, but he wouldn't listen. I called organizations but there's nothing they could do. It felt so bad to return him there and I felt so guilty but I had to deposit my parents' money to ensure I'd bring him back. [emoji]128148[/emoji]

He's long haired and his eyes are beautiful, copper with a slash of blue. He was also very sweet.

Ah well, they don't have to be long haired to be fluffy. Yours are adorable. [emoji]128571[/emoji]

I tried to take pictures while they're sleeping. So selfish, they wouldn't get in a good position for me.

queenmargarita

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Poor Daddy! A cage is no place for any animal...especially a tiny wire cage like that.
But you did all you could do.
Some ignorant people think of animals as commodities[emoji]128178[/emoji][emoji]128178[/emoji] instead of living beings and thats just so sad.[emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128148[/emoji]
Oh I just want to cuddle him so bad.

Last edited:

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know. It's sad. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Is it normal for the kitten's eyes to be a bit watery when they're still opening? And is it normal for an eye to open before the other?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, eyes can be watery, and yes, one can open before the other. They still don't see too well when the eyes initially open, so lights should stay dim. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. It's sad. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

Is it normal for the kitten's eyes to be a bit watery when they're still opening? And is it normal for an eye to open before the other?
Totally normal! My kitten's eyes opened like this!

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

How do I deal with so much cuteness in my house?

I put a box with higher sides so they'd stop climbing out, but today I saw them climbing over each other to reach the top and climb out. When I tried to make the sides even higher, Cheetos refused to enter despite their meowing. So I have to settle with this. Whenever they climb out she calls for me to put them back in, which is fine by me. Her carrying them scares me, she's probably not very good at it judging by her mothering skills. [emoji]128514[/emoji] Their eyes are fully open and today are days 14 & 15.

Right now I'm trying to find homes for two blind cats found in a gutter near some trash. I contacted an organization and they're gonna try and help. We had hope for the blind ones healing because a doctor came over from France today and saw them, but he said there's no hope. [emoji]128532[/emoji] I'll post pictures of them soon.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor kitties.  You really do seem to be a magnet for cats in need.  But, that's probably a good thing since you're so willing to help.  A lot of people wouldn't.

zahraa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is so sad [emoji]128546[/emoji]. What beautiful cats. I'm sure had they received treatment in time, they would not be blind today. I don't understand some people either.

I hope these cats get purr-fectly loving and caring forever homes! [emoji]128149[/emoji]