Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This stuff is pretty good, others like it out there, can be used on face too…not a spray and also good for your skin!View attachment 425824
Nutragena makes one like that. I like the stuff. But I just felt like a quick spray and go. That instead turned into a panic and vent the place. Betty still ate most of her lunch—more lunch than I’ve had—while I was gone. No cookies were tossed. 😽🍪🥠 Not even on my run. 😁👍

Now after a quick shower and costume change, I can get out of her hair and we can both enjoy our afternoons worry-free.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s probably the heat. I had to trick her into eating dinner tonight. She took her meds without issue. Then looked at the plate when I set it in front of her and said, “nah. That’s alright.” 🤦🏼‍♂️

So I took a pinch of the A/D and loaded that into the front edge of her normal dinner. That convinced her. She ate that pinch and kept on eating. And eating. And eating. She didn’t pull up until there was was no more than 1/4 remaining. Not bad for what was almost a total snub.

The girl has a much stronger appetite in this heat than I do. I sense it will be a two egg night instead of three. I have some Beyond Jerky for later to make up the difference.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing she ate so heartily at first plating. She did not come back for her remainder. But that’s okay. It’s a hot one today/tonight. I’ll give her credit for half the remainder for the A/D pinch that got her started.

She’s restless all night. I‘m sure it’s the heat. I caught her box sitting earlier.
BB204963-94C6-48E1-BC7D-DEEEB91C640A.jpeg

And paw swiping at her food.
7B72095F-FBEA-4A7E-9251-17907DACC89B.png
And I saw a whole lot of navel gazing next to and in the mirror.

She can skip half a meal between second dinner and overnight and still hit calories for the day. She can under-eat if she wants. She’s back up to weight. It’s another hot one tomorrow. And tomorrow night is a mirtz night. It should cool off a little after tomorrow. Hopefully enough.

It’s 10:30 pm and she’s “draw me like a French girl” hot 🥵
FA4A7E5C-91B3-4186-8A80-06C28F5BB549.jpeg
She’s sleeping in front of the cracked open deck door. As the outside cools, so should the inside. And she can always go to her cloud or her floof if it gets too cool.

Now…let’s see if I get any sleep tonight.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty keeps showing me that I am worrying for nothing. It is true that she left a remainder at dinner and a small remainder on the second dinner. The overnight plate was picked clean by morning though. She made calories with ease yesterday at 180. She had a few kibble pieces with weigh-in. That helped her final tally weather through the remainders.

Today will be another hot one. Tonight’s a mirtz night. If she wants to under-eat today because of the heat, that’s okay by me. Half of breakfast is already in the books. To be honest, I think she will once again have a more robust appetite today than myself.

I’m not going to touch her mirtz this week. But I will be asking my vet about strategy from here. I’d like to switch her back to transdermal and progressively give her less. But maybe that’s not the right way to wean her. We’ve come this far. I don’t want to crash on the off-ramp.

But I’m getting ahead of ourselves here. I want at least another week of the poop pills to see if her appetite improves like last time. As we were finishing that first month of poop pills, she was eating most of her meals in one go rather than partial eats and coming back for remainders. I’d love to see a return of that. Eventually, I want her med meals to be large enough that I don’t rely so much on daytime and overnight meals. I want to put those in feeders and not worry about remainders. That is how I get her sitter ready if I ever hope to be able to see my folks on the other side of the state again. Again. Getting way out ahead of ourselves….!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Embrace came back on the second claim--actually the first but processed later due to missing case notes. I'm pleasantly confused on their review. The bill was $825 and they are sending me a refund for $673 saying it was partially covered and some of it was rejected due to her vomiting/IBD being deemed as a preexisting condition. $673 divided by 90% means the total they were reimbursing was $748. I'm not certain what part of the remaining $77 was deemed to be related to her IBD. But whatever. To be perfectly honest, this reimbursement is $673 more than I was expecting. Hooray for insurance! Once this reimbursement arrives in a couple days and is immediately forwarded off to my credit card, I will be all caught up on Betty's vet bills. Don't tell her that. I don't want her getting any ideas. So far, I have sent Embrace $220 for the year in premiums and they paid out $2200. That's ten years worth of premiums they've paid back to me (except I know those rates will rise.) Not a bad rate of return here.

Breakfast is in the books. Just putting her off for another thirty minutes before I serve lunch. She's been restless all morning and I don't blame her. It's getting warm in here already and we don't even have the afternoon sun coming in yet.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news about Betty!
Not to hijack the thread, but Geoffrey finally went back to his pickle, last night.. You can tell it is well used, by the color...
Here it is:
View attachment 425887
Not to hijack the thread either, but Zorro liked also his pickle! I think. Took 2 VERY fierce bites, kicked it, then walked away, purring.🥒

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
“Betty, if I don’t make it, you can eat me. No sense in this stupid bug taking us both.”

I don’t know if I have Covid because I feel too crappy to figure out the home test instructions. It came with two cassettes and one solution. Does that mean I have to use both at the same time?! I’m not well enough to read all the instructions

I don’t need a Covid test to tell me to commence my sick protocol. It’s nearly 80 degrees inside and I’m in my winter PJs, bundled under every blanket that was near me. All but the two that Betty have laid claims to. I have more blankets in the other room. But I’m waiting until I have to get up for second dinner to collect them since I’ll probably have the dizzies and the chills when I get out of bed. I know as long as I’m able to bear and be comfortable under all these blankets, I still have a fever to break. I am hoping to wake up in a sweaty puddle of broken fever later tonight. 🤞

I could almost sleep right through this because I don’t have respiratory junk. Yet. But my back is killing me! I used the Popcorn Van to order home delivery of a test (or two tests but one tube?! 🤦🏼‍♂️) and Advil. I wish I had ordered the Salon Pas patch instead.

I also wish someone else could feed Betty for a few shifts.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, gosh, daftcat75 daftcat75 . You sound miserable. I hope things turn around for you quickly. :alright::crossfingers:
I don’t know if it was the Advil, the warmth, or the rest. But I felt a bit better when I got up to serve second dinner. Not so chilly or dizzy. I also remembered the Icy Hot stick I have. I didn’t even get anything on my hands. 👍

Betty’s tuned her purring to the healing frequency. 😽👍
733F4C80-5547-4142-9581-699BB6C8D4A3.jpeg
I don’t like respiratory junk. And thankfully I don’t have that. Yet. I can do fevers. I should have this one broken before morning.

I’m more worried about where this might go then how poorly I feel right now. I’m double vaxxed and boosted for whatever that’s worth with the new variants. 🤷🏼‍♂️ But it does concern me. Not knowing how bad this can get is much worse than how I feel right now. 😬🤕🤒

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
((hugs)). Poor you.. I mean it.. Betty is a good nurse.. :nurse: She is returning the love you have given her..
Just go with the flow, right now... Do not over due things with Betty.. just eyeball the amount of food you think she will eat... and let it be.. sometimes, you just need to take it easy.. Betty will understand..
If you mess up with calories, so be it... and feeding times.. let it go.. You cannot do it all..

But, I would seriously take the Covid test.. If postive, you can get some anti-viral meds from your doctor.. It will make you feel so much better, and fast...

There are usually 2 tests per test kit. This time, I was sent a different company, than the orange and white box.. so I am unsure of which one you have. I would think, there is some sort of cap for the solution.. unless each pack has one of its own.. Definitely read the instructions..There are usually pictures to go along with it.

On the other hand, The people I know who have had the new versions of covid, have described it as a bad cold, or flu... and they are back to work/life, a week later.

((hugs))

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, daftcat75 daftcat75 , I am so sorry to hear you're sick. Sleep, drink lots of fluids, and (as artiemom artiemom says) don't worry too much about precision for Betty's meals.

I hope you wake/woke up this morning in a big puddle of sweat! And that you'll have a light case of whatever you have, without the nasty respiratory junk.

🤞 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your talking about the blankets reminds me of doing the same and putting on piles of clothes once a long time ago, before COVID. IDK what it was--maybe 24-hour flu--but it didn't last long and I hope yours doesn't either, whatever it is.
Just an FYI which you probably already know--humans can give COVID to cats. So it's crucial to practice safety protocols around Betty if you do have it. Which I pray you don't.
Keep us in the loop, please!
And hoping you're able to drag yourself around to feed, water and clean for the girl. She's doing very well! :hearthrob: :lovecat4: :hearthrob: :cheerleader::goodluck::hangin:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the thermometers keep telling me I’m not running a fever. And I keep waking in sweat. But I still feel awful with body aches and weakness. Even if I’m not running a fever, sleeping under every blanket still feels like the best thing to do. The immune system uses a fever to fight an infection. Why not help it out rather than trying to suppress the response?

Feeding Betty isn’t an issue. It’s just having to get up to do it. Or to clean the box. But social distancing from Betty? You have got to be kitten me. You have the wrong cat. 😽

Not sure if I should test yet if I don’t have respiratory junk to swab.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not just sure. I’m Covid positive!
F3DBF1A0-B6D9-415B-972E-EEF34C9F43CD.jpeg
I called Kaiser and no same day appointments available. They are sending my info to my doctor who I’m assured will call me back before the end of the day to discuss getting me an antiviral treatment. In the meantime, and several thermometers later, I decided fever protocol was uncalled for and took my damn medicine. I feel so much better after a couple of Advil. I had a big handful of seasoned pretzels and I’m enjoying a cup of French Roast to celebrate and appreciate my senses of taste and smell that so far have been spared. 👍

Betty sat in my lap for a protein shake earlier. She curled up on my hip while I navigated Kaiser’s appointment and advice line. She’s been taking her nurse duties seriously. 😽🥰 Except for these large stretches where she sleeps on the job.😴 😹

Tonight is a mirtz night.
🎙🦜🦆🐥🙉🤦🏼‍♂️

Maybe I can shave a little off the dose for both our sake.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not just sure. I’m Covid positive!
View attachment 426123
I called Kaiser and no same day appointments available. They are sending my info to my doctor who I’m assured will call me back before the end of the day to discuss getting me an antiviral treatment. In the meantime, and several thermometers later, I decided fever protocol was uncalled for and took my damn medicine. I feel so much better after a couple of Advil. I had a big handful of seasoned pretzels and I’m enjoying a cup of French Roast to celebrate and appreciate my senses of taste and smell that so far have been spared. 👍

Betty sat in my lap for a protein shake earlier. She curled up on my hip while I navigated Kaiser’s appointment and advice line. She’s been taking her nurse duties seriously. 😽🥰 Except for these large stretches where she sleeps on the job.😴 😹

Tonight is a mirtz night.
🎙🦜🦆🐥🙉🤦🏼‍♂️

Maybe I can shave a little off the dose for both our sake.
Awww, no! How did you get that, we wonder??? Glad you feel some better and are not having the respiratory gunk. Hope it stays that way!
Yeah, I know it's really not possible to isolate from Betty but no Frenching. Okay? Okay. Seriously, cats can get it from humans.
Good on ya for making the call and I hope and pray they can get you that treatment. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob::hangin::goodluck::cheerleader:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I read an article in the paper that said that anyone who hasn’t gotten COVID yet has just been lucky. Yeesh. There’s certainly an upswing in my community. I had a doctor appointment this morning, and she was late getting to me. She said she’s been dealing with COVID cases and I wanted to get up and go running out of the clinic!

Feel better soon, daftcat75 daftcat75 .:vibes: