Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Side effects. Hate 'em. :sigh: Hoping Betty will let you give the wet willies and clean her ears so she'll feel better! Angel Su hated my cleaning her ears. I don't like having cold liquids in my ears, either.:disappointed:
I really like the AnimalBiome effect.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question: For those I’ve turned on to the Pet Naturals of VT hairball treats, are you seeing less shedded hair?

I am pulling off less hair with our daily brushings. I don’t know if that’s a function of the hairball treats or that we finally caught up with brushing, or we finally pulled her winter coat off or… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not complaining… just curious.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. Other than the greener poo, hadn’t really noticed, but, think the VT ones are better digestion wise than the ones I’d been using for sure. I do think some cats have denser fur than others…I think yours might be one of those, unless my eye deceive me. I do think though a cat’s natural desire to eat grass as part of balanced diet is often overlooked, which is why I am also really digging these Tiki tummy toppers, which have blended wheatgrass too. I like your theory though…maybe you can get a Betty White study grant.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Afterthought: is less shedding also in any way related to less stress? Maybe in the beginning when cats are getting to know their territory, they shed more out of nerves? …just throwing it into the backup theory pot.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I scared her straight.
“Three vet visits in two weeks?! One of them I don’t even remember except I pissed myself on the car ride home.” 😾

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that your pickle, Betty? It looks differently colored. Hmmm. Well, yeah. Always stick up for yourself, Ms. Cat, and don't take guff from anyone. :hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob::disappointed:
I figured she likes the pickle so much that I'd get her a banana. It wasn't love at first bite as with the pickle. But I expect she'll warm up to the banana. As often happens with cats, it may take a week or three for her to notice it, and then love it like she's never seen it before. 🤦‍♂️ 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured she likes the pickle so much that I'd get her a banana. It wasn't love at first bite as with the pickle. But I expect she'll warm up to the banana. As often happens with cats, it may take a week or three for her to notice it, and then love it like she's never seen it before. 🤦‍♂️ 😹
Ah. THAT's why it looks decidedly un-picklish!

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
I tossed my banana. (Zorro didn’t like it either— he gave it one fierce bunny kick which apparently “killed” it forever & lost interest). Rooting for this purchased pickle though.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tossed my banana. (Zorro didn’t like it either— he gave it one fierce bunny kick which apparently “killed” it forever & lost interest). Rooting for this purchased pickle though.
I think Betty is a Yeowww banana girl. This one doesn't have a strong catnip smell to it. But she loves the pickle--so much that sometimes she comes back to bed smelling like catnip.

"Okay, Betty. How come you keep taking off-camera breaks, and come back smelling funny?" 🤔 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Betty is a Yeowww banana girl. This one doesn't have a strong catnip smell to it. But she loves the pickle--so much that sometimes she comes back to bed smelling like catnip.

"Okay, Betty. How come you keep taking off-camera breaks, and come back smelling funny?" 🤔 😹
We're very much a Yeoww! family here, too. Does that new banana have a refill pouch? We like the refillable toys.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I've been saying the AnimalBiome research is newer than my team's education. One of the ingredients in the s. boulardii supplement I am using of theirs (after her floxxing) contains a bacteriophage meant to reduce populations of e. coli and c. perf. If you click on the ingredient name, it takes you to a research paper for a study from 2019. Yeah. Definitely newer than my team's education.

Her last couple of poops have been slightly squishy. Nothing alarming yet. But not her normal uniformly firm. I am looking forward to getting her back on the poop pills tomorrow. From tomorrow, she will get two capsules in the morning and two in the evening: the repacked tic tac with whatever Rx pills (or quarter pills as they are right now) and either a poop pill in the morning or an s. boulardii pill in the evening. Even if/when I can wean her off the repacked tic tac, she'll probably be taking both the FMT and the s. boulardii for quite some time. I'm sure we're both okay with that if it keeps her off steroids.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I've been saying the AnimalBiome research is newer than my team's education. One of the ingredients in the s. boulardii supplement I am using of theirs (after her floxxing) contains a bacteriophage meant to reduce populations of e. coli and c. perf. If you click on the ingredient name, it takes you to a research paper for a study from 2019. Yeah. Definitely newer than my team's education.

Her last couple of poops have been slightly squishy. Nothing alarming yet. But not her normal uniformly firm. I am looking forward to getting her back on the poop pills tomorrow. From tomorrow, she will get two capsules in the morning and two in the evening: the repacked tic tac with whatever Rx pills (or quarter pills as they are right now) and either a poop pill in the morning or an s. boulardii pill in the evening. Even if/when I can wean her off the repacked tic tac, she'll probably be taking both the FMT and the s. boulardii for quite some time. I'm sure we're both okay with that if it keeps her off steroids.
YES.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty pooped just as I finished cooking dinner. I decided to collect that one for her AnimalBiome sample. I don’t know if her next one will be in the middle of the night, the middle of the morning, or the middle of the day. Not sure another 12 hours would make that much difference for the sample (eg 2.5 days vs 3 days out from flox.). But I also don’t know that I’ll be wanting to do this as four or five in the morning. A poop in the box is worth two in the cat. Or something like that. 🤷🏼‍♂️😹

For science! Her pooped weighed 18 grams. I think she poops twice a day. She eats approximately 174 grams of food a day. So 36 grams of poop for 174 grams of food or an 80% reduction. Now I know poop isn’t simply the indigestible bits of food.

About 30 percent of the solid matter consists of dead bacteria; about 30 percent consists of indigestible food matter such as cellulose; 10 to 20 percent is cholesterol and other fats; 10 to 20 percent is inorganic substances such as calcium phosphate and iron phosphate; and 2 to 3 percent is protein.
Source: feces | biology.