Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🚨😾🚨
“Where’s the fire, Betty?”
“Did Timmy fall down the well again?”

I come down to the floor to spend time with her because she doesn’t like coming onto the desk or into the desk chair.

😽 “mrow, purrr!”
🤦🏼‍♂️
“Thats not what you were saying two seconds ago!”

Total bait and switch. She just wanted me to come down to the floor so she can bump my face and sit in my arms lap while I type this. I kinda miss those afternoon gaba naps. But I don’t want her dependent on lunchtime meds if she doesn’t need them.

That face when you realize Dad isn’t just typing away but actually trying to take yet another photo for the inter webs.
4D07C02B-4E38-4EF4-A968-3C1981B4D131.jpeg

We have matching short sleeves. 😹

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🚨😾🚨
“Where’s the fire, Betty?”
“Did Timmy fall down the well again?”

I come down to the floor to spend time with her because she doesn’t like coming onto the desk or into the desk chair.

😽 “mrow, purrr!”
🤦🏼‍♂️
“Thats not what you were saying two seconds ago!”

Total bait and switch. She just wanted me to come down to the floor so she can bump my face and sit in my arms lap while I type this. I kinda miss those afternoon gaba naps. But I don’t want her dependent on lunchtime meds if she doesn’t need them.

That face when you realize Dad isn’t just typing away but actually trying to take yet another photo for the inter webs.
View attachment 444756

We have matching short sleeves. 😹
*Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph! I did not consent to this photo op.* :hearthrob: :angrycat::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh cats!

Betty had a Klingon poop. It clinged on and wouldn’t let go until she left the box. I got my money’s worth out of the Poop Cam. And her poop pills (the Gut Restore Supplement.) It was a perfect odorless poop that left zero residue when effortlessly lifted with a piece of TP and shown to the toilet. That toilet has never seen it so good.
🤦🏼‍♂️😹

I asked Betty why she couldn’t have done that two nights ago when I was collecting her latest AnimalBiome testing sample.

Cats! 🤣😽 She brings me joy, love, and laughter everyday. 😁👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh cats!

Betty had a Klingon poop. It clinged on and wouldn’t let go until she left the box. I got my money’s worth out of the Poop Cam. And her poop pills (the Gut Restore Supplement.) It was a perfect odorless poop that left zero residue when effortlessly lifted with a piece of TP and shown to the toilet. That toilet has never seen it so good.
🤦🏼‍♂️😹

I asked Betty why she couldn’t have done that two nights ago when I was collecting her latest AnimalBiome testing sample.

Cats! 🤣😽 She brings me joy, love, and laughter everyday. 😁👍
:catlove:We all know "it" happens. But we also need to know that "it" doesn't always happen as planned, or hoped for. :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I momentarily lost her. I almost started to panic as I had checked all her spots. And the. It occurred to me…
13D9CC06-94ED-4C3D-8C92-7C9331A22B83.jpeg BCB81682-2F71-4618-8858-E3C4058B7927.jpeg
Betty the Burrower giving me a little cardio when I won’t go out for a run. 🥶😹👍

I am actually both impressed and jealous. I look forward to that cocoon tonight.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I momentarily lost her. I almost started to panic as I had checked all her spots. And the. It occurred to me…
View attachment 444863View attachment 444864
Betty the Burrower giving me a little cardio when I won’t go out for a run. 🥶😹👍

I am actually both impressed and jealous. I look forward to that cocoon tonight.
:shocked:*I hate when that happens!!!*
And oh, yeah! It's always the best part of every 24 hours for me. Especially when Elvis is already waiting for me there.:petcat::redheartpump:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:shocked:*I hate when that happens!!!*
And oh, yeah! It's always the best part of every 24 hours for me. Especially when Elvis is already waiting for me there.:petcat::redheartpump:
Every night I have to gently nudge an eager and waiting Betty aside. You cannot snuggle on top of me if you don't leave me a space to lay down. It's both our favorite time of day. That and third sleep after 5am meds and her breakfast and before my 8am wake up and breakfast. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burrowing under the covers next to a source of warmth is blissful! Elvis often barrels onto the bed when I come in and I have to nudge him, too, to get into the bed. Then he jumps on either side of me, and walks around investigating. *Is everything just the way it should be? Will I be getting a LOT of warmth? Are there a good number of catnests on either side of the source?*
IMG_1990.JPG

*Well alrighty then. I guess this MAY be good enough for me.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FDE2D089-62D5-4C32-96EE-9250FD3F3580.jpeg
That is a surprising weight loss. I know I was trimming her portions because I was adding starter strips. I think I have to track her calories again. I took a break from that and was simply winging it on meal sizes. She kept turning in clean plates. I thought we had it purrfect If she stays here we do. But if she goes another +/- 2% this will be challenging to manage without having input numbers.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 444977
That is a surprising weight loss. I know I was trimming her portions because I was adding starter strips. I think I have to track her calories again. I took a break from that and was simply winging it on meal sizes. She kept turning in clean plates. I thought we had it purrfect If she stays here we do. But if she goes another +/- 2% this will be challenging to manage without having input numbers.
Maybe Betty is more active, when you're out or asleep, and burning more calories that way? Or maybe she's just got a lot of cat business on her mind -- we know mental exercise burns calories, too! *Or maybe, just maybe, she just wants more food!*:kneading::winkcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Betty is more active, when you're out or asleep, and burning more calories that way? Or maybe she's just got a lot of cat business on her mind -- we know mental exercise burns calories, too! *Or maybe, just maybe, she just wants more food!*:kneading::winkcat:
If I could be assured she wouldn't lose any more weight, she'd be purrfect right here at this weight.

But I presume I'll have to record calories for a few weeks to recalibrate how many calories she needs to maintain but not gain weight. I was expecting the scale to possibly go the other way because she was getting more "cake frosting"--what I call her A/D and the starter strips I have been leaving her to get her started. It is possible that she's being a touch more active. I did hear a couple of spirited poop zooms the past couple of nights.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could be assured she wouldn't lose any more weight, she'd be purrfect right here at this weight.

But I presume I'll have to record calories for a few weeks to recalibrate how many calories she needs to maintain but not gain weight. I was expecting the scale to possibly go the other way because she was getting more "cake frosting"--what I call her A/D and the starter strips I have been leaving her to get her started. It is possible that she's being a touch more active. I did hear a couple of spirited poop zooms the past couple of nights.
Yeah. Many of us eat more in cold weather, but we're more active, too, then we are dragging around in the hot weather. Cats rev higher than we do, and while many love warmth, there's a limit and then, it's sink, tub and sleepy time.
IMG_2285.JPG

*Beloved angels Maryam and Rani chillin'*:hearthrob::hearthrob: