Introducing Betty White

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a good third sleep and finished her breakfast while I finished cooking mine. I don’t see any new piles. I think she’s alright. Maybe a pill didn’t go down right, maybe she had too much A/D, maybe she ate too fast. She won’t tell me. And as long as this is just a one-off, I don’t need her to.
Right.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty’s having a Monday. This is how I found her before my 11am meeting and at lunchtime before I ran out the door for a quick flurry of lunchtime errands. I guess we’ll see if she really needs the lunchtime gaba today. I didn’t wake her for it.
8E210E41-A146-48A3-BCD1-E1E151845BEB.jpeg 7ED93376-E8D2-4EC6-9BE5-43FEAFBCF0E9.jpeg
That’s my clean but not folded laundry. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 444033
She lost about a poop’s worth. This is good. 👍 She’s been getting pudgy. I wouldn’t mind if she came back closer to 10.5. But I’m also good with this pace. I’ve been leaving just a few grams off each plate. This is especially necessary since she’s getting extra A/D both in the extra gaba (or twaba as I’ve labeled it since it’s the 12.5 mg dose) and also the starter strips.

I really do believe she has a dentist appointment in her future. I just have to make it. I’m debating between the one I know who’s farther (2 hours) or the one I don’t know who’s potentially booked further out. He’s only an hour away. But it’s a tough urban hour. Either way I’d probably want to book buffer nights in a nearby hotel the night before and after her appointment so we’re not stressed about driving and making our appointments on the same day.

Shoot! She’s a fugitive of the city. I forgot to pay her registration on time.Part of that is that her registration requires a rabies shot and we needed to do her dental first. I have a letter from her vet recommending that she not get her shot this year. I just have to put it altogether and figure out if I’m emailing or printing (need a new printer ink cartridge) and mailing it in

After long months waiting to get to and through her dental appointment, I’m just trying to take a breather before we press on to the next thing. Sad and exhausted that the dental didn’t fix her up like I hoped it would. 😿
For those buffer hotel nights, make sure they take cats. It’s getting harder these days to find any!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those buffer hotel nights, make sure they take cats. It’s getting harder these days to find any!
Oh of course! Krista and I stayed in several different rooms over her lifetime. We became a pro team at it. She would let me know when she needed a bathroom break on the drive and I made sure we had everything we could need in our rooms. It was like traveling with a kid. I imagine. I had my stuff in a backpack and then four more trips from the car to the room for all her stuff. I know a place locally that accepts cats. We may do a practice staycation in her nearer future. Krista was much more adventurous than Betty. She was a lot like a dog in cat's clothing. Betty is a lot more reserved. But I think she's possibly a good sport who might be willing to roll with the punches for a short while. If we go to Krista's dentist, then I already know two places we could stay. In general though, the Extended Stay chain often accepts cats for an extra charge. And I'm okay with that. Krista paid her share of that on the carpet one night. Extended Stays are nice though because they are suites with kitchenettes. Perfect for a cat who wants to summit the fridge and perfect for me because I had more options to keep her food and litterbox separated.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand their math. But Embrace says they're covering lab work and additional X-rays for arthritis (but not dental as "tartar build-up" went into her file as a pre-existing condition 🤦‍♂️.) They say they're cutting me a check. But wasn't I supposed to pay a deductible first? I'm certainly not spending it before it arrives. But if and when it does, that will go towards my dental (crown) next month. Thanks Betty!
:whiskers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand their math. But Embrace says they're covering lab work and additional X-rays for arthritis (but not dental as "tartar build-up" went into her file as a pre-existing condition 🤦‍♂️.) They say they're cutting me a check. But wasn't I supposed to pay a deductible first? I'm certainly not spending it before it arrives. But if and when it does, that will go towards my dental (crown) next month. Thanks Betty!
:whiskers:
Hey, trying to make sense of just about anything these days is an exercise in futility. Yeah. Get it, and then, yeah, thanks, Betty! That's what could be known as MEWtual CooPURRation. *Or not.*:flail:🦷👑

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty slept her lunch time gabapentin again. But her plate would suggest that she doesn’t need it. But then she’s been meowing at me nonstop for the last hour. Maybe she could use a good gaba nap. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Dinner is coming, Ms. Betty.Trust in your dad.* :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob:
She's been restless all afternoon. Even sitting with her and giving her fuss only satisfied her for a brief time. She had a 4 pm poop and followed that with a healthy poop zooms before finishing the last of lunch about 4:30 and then crying to me for dinner for the next 15 minutes or so. Now she's taken her evening meds (and a lot larger first pass on dinner than I was expecting), and I should finally get some peace around here. For maybe an hour. 🤦‍♂️ Of course, that's all I need. I'll be done with my work day here soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's been restless all afternoon. Even sitting with her and giving her fuss only satisfied her for a brief time. She had a 4 pm poop and followed that with a healthy poop zooms before finishing the last of lunch about 4:30 and then crying to me for dinner for the next 15 minutes or so. Now she's taken her evening meds (and a lot larger first pass on dinner than I was expecting), and I should finally get some peace around here. For maybe an hour. 🤦‍♂️ Of course, that's all I need. I'll be done with my work day here soon.
*FEED ME! FEED ME!*:angrycat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty the Burrower is at it again. I’m not complaining. Because she’s sleeping. And quiet. Otherwise I may have a Betty White and the Wailers performance later this afternoon.
🇯🇲🎶😹
D314D275-5846-440E-81C8-248A03B8373D.jpeg
A3AEEEFE-9E36-49B9-996A-ADB5C7B7FC54.jpeg 8BE2A598-6F70-4396-814E-6D58817AC383.jpeg 22C0EDC3-92E5-471C-935D-8B8148946816.jpeg
She’s in there. Every now and then it throbs a little. 🙀😂

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed the piggy migration. That or Betty had a spirited poop zoom last night. 😹🏎👍
DECBEC5C-83E3-4AA3-9E6B-066A399DBAB0.jpeg

Go home, Bird Buddy. You’re drunk.

It told me I unlocked a new bird: Squirrel 🐿 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
B16A96C3-2354-41D9-A05B-168EA0048440.png
I do look forward to unlocking Squirrel for real now that I know it’s in their database. Maybe when my wall mount finally arrives I’ll build a squirrel spill tray.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed the piggy migration. That or Betty had a spirited poop zoom last night. 😹🏎👍
View attachment 444298

Go home, Bird Buddy. You’re drunk.

It told me I unlocked a new bird: Squirrel 🐿 🤦🏼‍♂️😹
View attachment 444299
I do look forward to unlocking Squirrel for real now that I know it’s in their database. Maybe when my wall mount finally arrives I’ll build a squirrel spill tray.
That's a really cute pig toy! Where'd you get it?
Yeah, I somehow can't see that as a squirrel but your plan sounds like a good one. Before birdseed went up, I used to buy 40# bags and feed the birds. And the squirrels. We still see lots of each visiting our yard, which is probably one of the safest and most natural in the neighborhood. Except for the owl who's been very noisy recently, nights. And the redtails who visit from time to time.