Interviews

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. Matilda again. I would like to ask Baby some questions.
1. How long have you lived with your Mommy?
2.If you don't mind saying, how old are you?
3.Brothers and sisters? Do you like them?
4.What kind of toys do you like to play with?
5.What kind of food do you like?
6. Are you an inside only cat or do you go outdoors?

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can I add Jasper?

We've had him for about 3 weeks now and he's FINALLY starting to come out of his shell

Cheryl

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have informed Baby of her interview, she says she'll answer her questions after her beauty nap (later today).
And she said to thank Matilda for picking her.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'm feeling more beautiful than ever and am ready to answer my questions.

1. How long have you lived with your Mommy?
I adopted my meowmy 2 years ago

2.If you don't mind saying, how old are you?
I'll be 5 years old this April

3.Brothers and sisters? Do you like them?
Unfortunately, I have two feline sisters and a canine brother, and there is a lovely fat spider that meowmy tells me is not food

4.What kind of toys do you like to play with?
Toys are very much beneath my dignity, but when I'm certain no one is watching, I'll play with the squeaky fuzzy mouse that meowmy bought for Jade

5.What kind of food do you like?
I'm a dry food girl, no human foods and I nibble at wet food only because it seems to make meowmy happy

6. Are you an inside only cat or do you go outdoors?
I'm an inside cat, but I do occasionally take meowmy for walks on her leash

I must go and grab my lunchtime nap now, but I'd like to hear more from Milo.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milo, here are your questions:

1. How did you come to live with your family?
2. How did you get your name? Do you like it?
3. How many brothers/sisters live with you? Where are you in the pecking order?
4. Do you have any other pet siblings? If so, what kind and how many?
5. Do you have a not-so-hidden talent? What is it?
6. What's your favorite thing in the whole wide world to do?
7. What's a typical day like in your life?
8. Do you get to venture forth into the great outdoors or do you stay inside like me?
9. Are you a people cat or do you prefer to hang by yourself when company comes over?
10. Wet or dry?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Milo, here are your questions:
Thank you for choosing me next. Sorry about the delay but Miaoumi has been away (we all hated it though she asked a very nice person to look after us) and has had no access to internet.

1. How did you come to live with your family?

I have a bad reputation as I like to fight (don't all boys?) and I had two homes before. But each time I just proved too much and too aggressive and I was taken back to the shelter. Miaoumi found me there on one of her volunteer days; I was so miserable crouched in a litter tray and hoping I would find another home where I could try and fit in. I was so happy when she took me home with her, but I still can't help fighting sometimes.

2. How did you get your name? Do you like it?

I don't know who first named me, but in the papers Miaoumi got I was called Milord, and that was what people called me so I came to them. She told me she would feel uncomfortable calling me that, so we shortened it to Milo, so I would get used to it quickly. Now I like it, though I don't feel so important!

3. How many brothers/sisters live with you? Where are you in the pecking order?

I have seven adopted siblings, plus Tasha the dog of course. I was not sure how I would get on with all the cats here - I was not used to so many, and I was determined to show them who was boss before they picked on me. I started by fighting with all of them, but Miaoumi gradually stopped me by loving me and by being firm. I did not like being put into the hall whenever I really fought, but it gave me time to think about things, and I really did not want to go back to the shelter again! And Miaoumi showed me it is possible to be friends with people, and not fight them all the time. Now, the only one I fight with often is Dushka, the Topcat, and I only do that because she hisses at me. I have also learnt to wrestle for fun, without hurting, and Wellington and I like to do that. I am even friends with Cinders and I keep her company at night in the bathroom, where we each have our own beds.

4. Do you have any other pet siblings? If so, what kind and how many?

Like I said, there is Tasha, but I don't really have much to do with her. She is too big to fight with and I am a bit scared to play with her. I do occasionally lick her though, and she seems to like it. There are other animals outside but I have nothing to do with them.

5. Do you have a not-so-hidden talent? What is it?

Fighting!

6. What's your favorite thing in the whole wide world to do?

This is a bit embarrassing, but I LOVE human shoes and socks. I just adore trying to get inside a shoe, or rolling around in socks. Actually, any dirty clothes will do, I go to sleep on Miaoumi's discarded clothes.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y72...6th2010332.mp4

7. What's a typical day like in your life?

Miaoumi lets me out of the bathroom first thing and I rush into her bedroom and play with her shoes while she gets ready. Then we all go downstairs and have breakfast. Afterwards I go up and have a nap on her bed, then see what Dushka is doing so I can chase her, if Miaoumi is not looking. After the wood fire is lit I like to sleep on the chair beside it, or on Miaoumi if she has time to sit down. I do more of all that all day till dinner time, and then we all play with Miaoumi. At bedtime, Miaoumi calls and I follow her upstairs and back into my bed in the bathroom for a well deserved sleep.

8. Do you get to venture forth into the great outdoors or do you stay inside like me?

I normally stay indoors. I have escaped twice, but each time I was so scared I just ran under a bush and hid for a few hours. I didn't even come when Miaoumi called me. Thankfully, at last I got brave enough to come out and find the front door that was left open for me.

9. Are you a people cat or do you prefer to hang by yourself when company comes over?

I love most people, though I love Miaoumi best. When [people come, I hide for a little then I come out and roll around on hte carpet in front of them, to see if they will take notice of me. If they do I allow them to stroke me and I will climb into a lap and purr.

10. Wet or dry?
It's all food isn't it? I love to eat.

Thanks for this chance to express myself!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milo would like to talk with Jasper as he thinks they may have things in common.

1. What are your first impressions of your new home?

2. Can you remember where you were before?

3. What do you think you will most like to do in your home? Hve they given you any toys?

4. What are you most scared of?

5. Are there other animals there?

6. Where do you most like to sleep? Are you sllowed on the bed with Meowmy?

7. What is the food like there? What do you like most to eat? Do you get any human food (by stealing if necessary!)

8. Are you settling into a routine? How do you spend your day?

9. Is there anything you do that you think Meowmy doesn't like? Does she try to stop you?

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Milo would like to talk with Jasper as he thinks they may have things in common.
Thank you Milo.

1. What are your first impressions of your new home?
I was kind of scared. I'd already been moved a bunch of times. It wasn't really loud- but I wasn't expecting 2 adults and 2 teenagers. And then Sneaky Pie and Holly weren't exactly welcoming to me either. But I like it. It's cleaner than the house I used to share with my former owner. I just wish I could go outside like Sneaky does. But I can't since I'm declawed in the front.

2. Can you remember where you were before?
Well- I lived with my mom for 10 years. She said she had 2 other kitties that died. Her house was really, really messy- mom said she was called a hoarder. Of stuff. And there were other issues as well. But mom's brother- who lives next door to my new family moved her here. I was already scared and I hid when they moved me here. I had to drive a very long way in a car and it was NOT FUN.
Mom wanted me to stay with her in her new apartment. But at the last minute the apartment that I could have stayed in fell through. So mom decided that she would take an apartment that didn't allow animals. And then the lady next door wound up being allergic to me- and she didn't want to send me to someplace called an "animal shelter" because I'm older.So I stayed in the house next door for a few days. They were really nice- just 2 adults and this really big animal called a "dog". The dog was nice- but wanted to see me and all I wanted to do is hide.

And my new mom said that it was good that I came here. I know my mom loved me- she just didn't have the money to take care of me. I had fleas really bad- in fact I pulled out all my fur on my backside- that's how bad I itched. I had to then get shaved and that was even LESS fun. But then the doctor gave me some stuff for fleas (and some shots I'd never had so I wouldn't get sick) and I don't have them anymore.

3. What do you think you will most like to do in your home? Hve they given you any toys?
I came with a whole bunch of toys
I like this one that makes a chirping sound like a bird. Holly doesn't like it though and she runs from it. So I guess I have to share them with Holly and I'm really not sure if I want to do that or not. I think it's funny
I think I will like to nap in quiet soft places the most.

4. What are you most scared of?
Loud noises. And when people come down the stairs loudly I hide behind the couch. But only for a minute since I realize it's only the new humans I'm living with. New people in the house scare me as well. My new mom said she's glad that she's got older children and not little kids b/c she doesn't think I'd do very well in a house with small children.

5. Are there other animals there?
Oh yeah. Sneaky Pie is 10 like me. And she is such a grump. I think that's because in the span of a year she lost her best friend, and then Holly and I came to live with her, and she doesn't like to share stuff.

And then there's HollyHeart. She's only a year old and likes to play. She hisses at me too, but I think she wants to be friends. She keeps following me and trying to play with me. And well- we kind of got into trouble a couple of days ago. But SHE STARTED IT. We were running around the downstairs, and we knocked over a lamp and it broke. At least there was another human in the house.

6. Where do you most like to sleep? Are you sllowed on the bed with Meowmy?
I know there's an upstairs. Because Sneaky Pie goes up there all the time. And Holly hid there when I first came to the house. But I don't go up there. I think it's just new and kind of scary. But I am allowed to sleep anywhere I want to downstairs. There's this spot on the couch that's really soft and comfy. And if I lie in the right spot- warm air blows on me- which is nice since I don't have any hair on my backside right now.
But she'd let me. Sometimes Sneaky and Holly lie on the bed with mom. And they take all the room. The 2 teenagers that live here would love to have me on their beds as well.
Right now at night I go to the garage and sleep in my crate. Mom said it's for my safety since Sneaky Pie really doesn't like me very much. She has claws and I could get hurt if I got into an argument with her.

7. What is the food like there? What do you like most to eat? Do you get any human food (by stealing if necessary!)
My mom had a LOT of food. A huge bag of dry crunchies (20 lbs). For just me! So we're eating that- even though my new mom said it's not as good as what the "girls" were eating (mom's nickname for Holly and Sneaky) I LOVE wet food. It was something that got me out from behind the couch. I have to share the whole can though with "the girls" and I don't think that's fair. I could eat a can all by myself. But- mom said it's not good to feed me too much because I'm 14 lbs. And yes- I'm a big kitty, but mom doesn't want me to put on too much weight, especially since I'm an indoor cat.
I got to try human food. The oldest teenager made a sandwich with turkey. It looked SO good. And the teenager was giving some to Holly so I thought "hey why not see what's going on". And you know what? I took the piece of turkey that Holly was trying to get
I think she got mad at me though.

8. Are you settling into a routine? How do you spend your day?
I come inside in the morning from the garage. I have breakfast inside. Which is a big step for me. I was only eating in my "safe spot" before. But now I don't mind eating in the kitchen with the other kitties. Mom said she has to be careful because I tend to want to eat everyone else's food- and that makes Sneaky Pie mad. Holly doesn't seem to get as mad.
Then I play and nap. I get to stay inside if someone's home- or if the humans in this house are gone for only a little while. But they said that if I keep behaving myself that maybe I can stay in the house ALL THE TIME and just go out to the garage for my litter box. Because I don't know if Holly will share the one inside.
At night I like laying on the couch. Preferably near a human. It's so nice to lay next to someone who's petting you

9. Is there anything you do that you think Meowmy doesn't like? Does she try to stop you?
Um well- I kind of started spraying inside (and it's kind of embarrassing to talk about). I guess I need to make sure that everyone knows this is MY HOUSE. I'm neutered- so it doesn't really smell. But my mom didn't look very happy when I did it to one of her curtains a few days ago. Something about that Mistoflees used to do it A LOT and they got mad at him for doing it.
She yelled at me. Mom's trying to figure out a better way to tell me to stop- she doesn't want to swat my backside or scream at me since I've been kind of skittish. She said that maybe there's something out there that's air in a can and it makes a SSSSSSS noise- and she'd use that when I'm trying to spray

And as an aside- my new family has NEVER taken in an older cat. Every cat they've ever adopted has come to their house as a kitten. So this is a really new experience for them. But she said she likes it- and maybe when the time comes for another cat (not for a long time- Sneaky and I want to live more years) maybe they'll consider an older cat

That's all for now. Mom took a picture of me, but she can't find it on the computer. When she posts later, she'll put a picture of me in here.

Jasper

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jasper will post questions to another kitty later. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow. HIs mom has got a funeral she needs to go to this afternoon, and then tomorrow all day is CASA training.

Cheryl

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jasper would like to interview Squint.

1) I like your name. How did you get your name?

2) Do you have any special needs?

3) Do you live in a house with other animals? And if you do, do you like it?

4) What's your favorite thing to play with?

5) Can you go outside? I ask that because I can't go outside at all- I only get to watch stuff from the windows I sit in.

6) How did you come to live with your family?

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has Squints meowmy been PM'd if not tonight once ive finished work ill set off some more questions to another kitty

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sqint's mom wasn't accepting PM's. That's the notice I got. I can choose someone else if need be.

Cheryl

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sneakymom

Sqint's mom wasn't accepting PM's. That's the notice I got. I can choose someone else if need be.

Cheryl
That's a good idea. I so enjoy reading this thread. It would be sad if it just stopped if the interviewee was not available.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Cheryl
Yeah that would be fine
i just didnt wantto see the thread die off

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jasper would like to interview Cookie

1) I like your name. How did you get your name? I have a "cousin cat" with the same name

5) Can you go outside? I ask that because I can't go outside at all- I only get to watch stuff from the windows I sit in.

Thanks!

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh! Squint here! I didn't get notification of new messages for this board, but was hoping I would be interviewed, too! Thanks so much!

Jasper would like to interview Squint.

1) I like your name. How did you get your name? ]

I got my name because when I was at the scary kill shelter right after I was born, and there for about 5 months they discovered I had no upper eyelids and I would be squinting all the time, almost unable to open my eyes because of the hair growing straight into it.

How did you know?! Yes I do. Since I had major double eye surgery to create upper eyelids, I require 3 medicines 2x/day for that and because it took so long for me to get into foster with another, and mom finally insisted on taking over (from a field agent w/Animal Services) because no one was taking me in for my surgery, so I have permanent eye damage, including 2 corneal ulcers and symblepheron (where, if I don't receive this one med, my third eyelid which is always up on one eye, my third eyelid will stick to my eyeball and I'd lose my eyeball.

I also have seizures (mommy says, but I don't remember them, but do feel very tired for a few days after). I take Phenobarbitol for this.

I also have hyperesthesia (caused by stress, most likely) from all the trauma I've been through. Mom tries to divert me by playing, but sometimes it's hard. Habits, y'know?

I also have a lowered immune system from all these things and I'm also a very, very small cat, but full grown at age 2 (3 on April 20th!!!!) But you would think I'm a kitty, but I'm a DSH Brown Classic Tabby.

I have 9 brothers and sisters and I love them all, and they all love me. It's been so great being out of the kill shelter. Even Fuzz, the top cat likes me. Chief Red Cloud, mom said he used to breed, he likes me a little more than I'd like!!

TINKLY BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! My ever favorite toy! I'll play with other toys, but the tinkly ball is it! I kick them all under the couch within a few days (there are about 50 now) and mom has to get the broom handle to get them all out from under the couch and hutch and other places that have an underneath.

Oh! Oh! Me, too! All of us stay in the house, always! And you know what? "There ain't no bugs on meeee, no, there ain't no buts on meeeee." hee! We have tons of perches, Tiny Dancer has ramps and special places to rest for his condition. We are all pretty kick-back, although Chief Red Cloud and Jules-Verne and me love to play constantly (except when we're eating or sleeping. Mom plays with us a lot, too! :eek:)

Mom had been a long-time volunteer at the kill shelter. All of us family are from the kill shelter but Fuzz who is from a no-kill shelter from loooooooong ago. She saw me one day and saw how loving I was in my cage and wondered why I hadn't been adopted yet because, well, I'm so pretty! She figured because I was so pretty I would get adopted for sure (and she didn't know about my eye problem. Thought I was just squinting for no reason.

Anyways, that day mommy got notice that they were going to You-tha-nize me (whatever that means) on Friday. Mommy called the kennel manager to pick me up, but someone had already taken me. A nice lady, but she wasn't home a lot 'cause she worked so many hours.

No one would tell mommy who had me, she told me she was so upset and distraught because she said I needed to have a surgery right away (once she found out about my condition).

One of the volunteers snuck mommy a phone call and told her the name and number of the person who had her; Mommy called and called until she got an answer and the girl agreed since "she didn't have a lot of time for me".

Mommy took me in the next day for pre-surgery check up, and it went from there.

Ahhhhhhhhh, I love mommy!

Thank you so much for picking little me!!

Love,

Squint-Delicious

Thanks!

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oops, Squint again.

Sorry I must have cut in front of someone. I think it's 'cause mommy never received notice of a new entry on here. :'-( Miauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sorry, sorry sorry!

Love,

Squint

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no Squint! Not jumping ahead of anyone at all!

Jasper wanted to interview you. Because you looked interesting
And Jasper's kind of had it rough for a couple of months as well.

And I tried to PM you but the message came back saying you didn't accept PM's. So I waited a couple of days and didn't hear anything- so then I chose someone else.

But maybe you could ask the questions to the other kitty that Jasper chose (as long as I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here)

Cheryl