Injured Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do they have teeth? I would offer a slurry of formula and canned food and see if they go for it! If not they may need bottle fed for another week.
They have teeth now. I was thinking of giving them wet food. But instead I will feed them formula for a couple of days. Thank you!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to offer the full gamut - formula, kitten kibble soaked in formula and stage2 babyfood of chicken, beef or turkey (I use Gerber stage2 as it has no onion or garlic). I also offer hard-boiled egg yolk thinned with water or formula. I give unflavored Pedialyte with bottled, filtered or well water at 50/50 ratio for the first couple of days to ensure electrolyte balance (there is a recipe for homemade on Hissy's website www.kitten-rescue .com). Since kittens can be conceived up to 2 weeks apart, there is sometimes great disparity in oral development and I like to cover all bases. Also, I like to offer formula in a bottle to satisfy the suckling urge in order to prevent "woolsucking" later on. Here's a recent article about weaning too soon.
://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170915165217.htm