Injured Kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh sorry I thought I posted. Well I bathed my kitten and he is infested with fleas. He isn't 12 weeks old yet, could I use dawn? And any tips on what to do if your house gets fleas from cats?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, you can use Dawn, but you really need to use Advantage II. They make a kitten size. You'll never kill them all with just Dawn.

You'll need flea carpet spray for the house. It can be used on carpets, floors, and furniture to kill fleas, eggs, and larvae. One brand is called Enforcer. Walmart and pet stores carry flea carpet sprays.

Additionally, you'll need to wash all bedding in hot water.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can use Dawn, but you really need to use Advantage II. They make a kitten size. You'll never kill them all with just Dawn.

You'll need flea carpet spray for the house. It can be used on carpets, floors, and furniture to kill fleas, eggs, and larvae. One brand is called Enforcer. Walmart and pet stores carry flea carpet sprays.

Additionally, you'll need to wash all bedding in hot water.
Thank you very much for the information. Finally i'm gonna get rid of those little bugs.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
They also make revolution for kittens too. I personally use revolution but they don't offer advantage here. Whatever you use stay away from hertz products they can cause chemical burns

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They also make revolution for kittens too. I personally use revolution but they don't offer advantage here. Whatever you use stay away from hertz products they can cause chemical burns
Thank you very much. I will for sure stay away from hartz products.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted this in cat care but did not get any response. I just wanted how I can my kitty happy while he is home alone. Thanks! (Hi everyone, in about a week I will be gone for 2 weeks and I have a cat who is about 8-9 months. He is a very hyper kitty who loves to play so he has a lot of toys to get distracted. He will have a litter box, food, water, and toys. My aunt will also come and check on him feed him and play with him a little. He is very close to my family but I would like to know other ways I can keep him entertained. In the morning he is very hyper running and playing. Most of the afternoon he is asleep and of course hyper at night. Thank you very much!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He should be fine as long as someone is coming in to feed, water, play and clean the litter. Just make sure to completely kitten proof as much of your home as you can. You won't be there to deter him from getting into things he shouldn't. Like electrical cords, or the garbage can, etc...

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there a window for him to look out, for mental stimulation? An inside window shelf is a nice addition, otherwise you can move a sturdy lampstand in front of the window and set up a bed or folded towel on it. Also, a radio set to talk radio helps keep him company. I know you will miss your little guy - if you have a phone in your room you can hook up an old-school answering machine and set it to screen the calls and add a customized outgoing message (ogm) so he hears your voice both in the ogm and when you are leaving a message. If you can borrow a nannycam, you can see his reactions to your calls - my cats would run to the phone when it rang.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He should be fine as long as someone is coming in to feed, water, play and clean the litter. Just make sure to completely kitten proof as much of your home as you can. You won't be there to deter him from getting into things he shouldn't. Like electrical cords, or the garbage can, etc...
Thank you very much for responding and the house is already kitty proofed. He will have someone do all those things for him thank you!

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there a window for him to look out, for mental stimulation? An inside window shelf is a nice addition, otherwise you can move a sturdy lampstand in front of the window and set up a bed or folded towel on it. Also, a radio set to talk radio helps keep him company. I know you will miss your little guy - if you have a phone in your room you can hook up an old-school answering machine and set it to screen the calls and add a customized outgoing message (ogm) so he hears your voice both in the ogm and when you are leaving a message. If you can borrow a nannycam, you can see his reactions to your calls - my cats would run to the phone when it rang.
Yes there are two windows and he has enough toys. I'll probably leave a camera to check on him. Thank you very much for responding!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Puzzle feeders - that is a great idea not just for absent cat parents but for kitties whose guardians are disabled and have "down days" when happily-anticipated play sessions are not possible. :thumbsup:

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Puzzle feeders - that is a great idea not just for absent cat parents but for kitties whose guardians are disabled and have "down days" when happily-anticipated play sessions are not possible. :thumbsup:
I'm definitely going to try the puzzle feeder!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My Indy is a hyper little bulldozer of a cat (do cats not feel pain after running headfirst into a door?) she likes empty toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, and wrapping paper rolls (Christmas is coming so have lots of those)
She also loves an empty cardboard box. She will also play with an old rag. Cats don't really need fancy gadgets and computers that blink and blip just provide some old stuff for them.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! I have another litter of kittens 4 week old I found them in my backyard. I would like to know what a kitten eats at 4 weeks. I have kitten formula that I just bought. Do they eat solid or formula still? Also how many hours after the next feeding. Thank you so much!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I trapped an abandoned feral kitten last summer who was about 4-5 weeks. He was eating solid food already. I offered him kitten formula, canned food and dry kitten kibble.

If your kittens are not able to eat on their own, you'll need to syringe feed them, but they should at least be able to lap up formula or formula mixed with canned without assistance.

jen54

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I trapped an abandoned feral kitten last summer who was about 4-5 weeks. He was eating solid food already. I offered him kitten formula, canned food and dry kitten kibble.

If your kittens are not able to eat on their own, you'll need to syringe feed them, but they should at least be able to lap up formula or formula mixed with canned without assistance.
Thank you so much!