Inappropriate Peeing

Have you been through this with your cat?

• Yes, but I was not able to find a solution

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I got rid of the cat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Christa1212001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all. I am desperately looking for help. My cat started peeing on the couch inappropriately a few months ago. He has gone to see the vet and we have ruled out any medical explanation. I've had the couch professionally cleaned I've cleaned it myself with a SpotBot at least 10 times now I've tried spraying it with stuff to keep him off I've tried spraying it with pheromones. I have feliway diffusers all over the house, I play with him, I give him a lot of attention, we have three litter boxes that I keep very clean, he eats prescription wet and dry for urinary tract issues, and he's even on anti-anxiety medication. Nothing that I have done has changed his behavior though. I don't know what to do to make it better. It's causing issues in my relationship and severe distress and depression for me. Someone, please help.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Odd thought...where is the couch positioned? Can he see out a window from there? Is it possible that he is reacting to neighborhood cats or other animals entering the yard? This could be territorial marking, and there are certainly things that can be done about it.

This might give you some ideas that you haven't tried: Spraying: When Your Cat Uses Urine To Mark Territory

skrinkle

Cat mom
Young Cat
Purraise
One of my cats is very specific about her litter. Texture, smell, height, placement, all has to be the way she likes it. Also, cleanliness. I scoop once in the morning and once in the evening. She doesnt want to step in a dirty box, and I’m always surprised at how dirty some peoples litter boxes can get.