In need.... (Dill's thread)

prettypusscat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got back from my weekend away with no net access and thought i would be coming back to lots of baby Dill's , my god Dill what you done to us lol im here in the UK was having a naughty weekend away and wondering if you had your babies yet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GARBAGE>>>>>>>NO KITTENS YET Isnt this pathectic......She meowed at me, like she was angry with me when I walked in the door from class....I came home early because my daughter looked at me this morning and said " Mommy, Dill's babies are comming today"

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on since Friday, and I thought for sure I'd log on to find some kittens here! Come on, Dill!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rediculous isnt even the word for it....I dont think there is a word for it in the english language......this is the most retarded thing ever.....I dont know what she is waiting for but she needs to STOP....lol.......she is so big and looks so uncomfrtable and she cant clean her lower half anymore cuz her belly is to big to reach around and she is just SO BIG.......I would want them out NOW if I was her....

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats fine I can ignore her.....lmao...she was spoiled BEFORE she got preggers....so its no excuse

cpdillon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow this is crazy!!!! You think the last time she got out was Dec. 28 right? So that puts her at like day 73....did she possibly get out after the 28th????

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO I'd have her in the vets to do a c-section. I get the feeling that she was bred several different times by different males and there are kittens in there of different ages. Despite what the vet says, she could be in danger. She may not be going into labor due to the "youngest" kittens which puts the older ones in danger of being dead.

If the calculations are right and she's over 70 days - she could be in serious danger!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was at the vet on friday....I trust my vet completely.....it has been our vet for YEARS.....they wouldnt put my animal in danger i know that......When my dog was sick they did everything they could to make him better went above and beyond and it wasnt enough so they put him down FOR FREE.....It is entirely possible that she got out later we are not 100% that she didnt, we went away for a couple days and my brother was here he could have let her out,,, so ti coulda been up until the 5th of january. My vet is amazing please stop trying to make me panic.........Im nt a bad pet owner, my vet is completely involved in the WHOLE situation and Im not worried....She see's the vet again thursday.......she has been to the vet at least 5 times in the past 4 weeks so....

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know kittens can have different fathers, but can they really be conceived several days apart? The article doesn't address that. It would mean the female would have to ovulate more than once, several days apart, wouldn't it? This is something I have always been curious about; I've seen it mentioned as a possibility, but no proof either way.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are induced ovalators which means they release the eggs when bred. So its very possible if a tom mated with her on day 1 and she released eggs about 24 hrs later, and she was mated again on day 4 or 5 (still in heat) additional eggs could be released then - and you would have kittens almost 5 days apart in age.

That's why you are ok with contolled breeding, but not random breeding. Probably why you have more complications or an occasional dead kitten in those situations.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What does your vet think about going ahead and inducing her? She seems ready and seems like she may be having a hard time. Inducing her won't hurt her.

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Cats are induced ovalators which means they release the eggs when bred. So its very possible if a tom mated with her on day 1 and she released eggs about 24 hrs later, and she was mated again on day 4 or 5 (still in heat) additional eggs could be released then - and you would have kittens almost 5 days apart in age.

That's why you are ok with contolled breeding, but not random breeding. Probably why you have more complications or an occasional dead kitten in those situations.
Thank you for the explanation. That makes sense, if each mating can trigger another ovulation.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

What does your vet think about going ahead and inducing her? She seems ready and seems like she may be having a hard time. Inducing her won't hurt her.
My vet has scheduled me to come in thursday for induction she doesnt feel comfortable letting her go past that and that it is the best thing for her if she does not delvier before then......I apreciate everyones concern, I am doing my best to do everything the right way to make sure my baby doesnt get sick or hurt....AS I sit here I can see the kittens moving in her belly.....and she is aprox 10 feet from me....Im pretty sure we are gunna be just fine.....