In need.... (Dill's thread)

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dill, you have my support, darling. Your kitty sounds happy and healthy, although probably ready to have those kittens already! (Or not, I suppose, since she's still hanging around with them inside her...) I'd be going nuts with impatience if I were you, and I really admire the cool head you've been keeping, and your trust in your vet, who really seems quite fabulous. It's so hard these days, it seems, to find a vet that keeps a level head on their shoulders and doesn't jump straight to "Let's induce" or "C-section" when things go a little off the beaten path. You're a lucky gal!

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm hoping that the next post will be, 'she has had the kittens!'

c'mon girl! sending lots of love for a smooth delivery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I find that some people think I should be pushing her to have them NOW....but i trust my vet, my cat is healthy and isnt in any distress, the kittens are moving TONS and she doesnt seem to be in any pain, other than Im sure the discomfort all pregnant animals including people feel when they are in the lat few days or hours for that matter....thank you all for your support it means alot to me to know there are such great people out there who love their animals as much as I do.....
for you guys

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you and Dill. I hope she has them tonight so that everyone can stop worrying about her.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OH OH OH......GUESS WHAT......NESTING.....she hasnt done that before she is ripping the POOP out of the blankets in the box I made her....YAY

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DillPickles

OH OH OH......GUESS WHAT......NESTING.....she hasnt done that before she is ripping the POOP out of the blankets in the box I made her....YAY
Oh, good, maybe today's the day!

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Come on Dill! Set a good example for all these other pregnant kitties! (Well, the only part of your example we want them following is the birth part... not the two weeks of strange pre-labor part.)

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I find that some people think I should be pushing her to have them NOW....but i trust my vet, my cat is healthy and isnt in any distress, the kittens are moving TONS and she doesnt seem to be in any pain, other than Im sure the discomfort all pregnant animals including people feel when they are in the lat few days or hours for that matter....thank you all for your support it means alot to me to know there are such great people out there who love their animals as much as I do.....
for you guys
I dont think that 'some people' are pushing for her to have them now, as much as we are concerned she and the kittens are ok. We have been watching this thread for three weeks now in anticipation, and since we arent there, we dont get the security you are getting from your vet.

Add to that the fact that Dill had a previous stillborn litter, and you can probably appreciate the concern.

As a foster mom, I have seen complications, from mastitis, to narrow pelvis, and yes, I have witnessed a litter that was obviously sired by different fathers (genetic-wise the offspring were impossible to be sired by one tom) having different gestational timelines.

In this particular case, the queen had 8 kittens, four of them died within the first 2 days.

Not trying to scare you... just hoping you understand that we mean well... just concerned readers.

Come on Dill.... we know you can do it!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dill, Dill, Dill...have them already! We all are rooting for you! I really hope she's not just fooling with our minds again like the sixty-plus times it seems like she's done that already.
I'm really hoping it's for real this time. for you Dill, you BIG patient kitty!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

I dont think that 'some people' are pushing for her to have them now, as much as we are concerned she and the kittens are ok. We have been watching this thread for three weeks now in anticipation, and since we arent there, we dont get the security you are getting from your vet.

Add to that the fact that Dill had a previous stillborn litter, and you can probably appreciate the concern.

As a foster mom, I have seen complications, from mastitis, to narrow pelvis, and yes, I have witnessed a litter that was obviously sired by different fathers (genetic-wise the offspring were impossible to be sired by one tom) having different gestational timelines.

In this particular case, the queen had 8 kittens, four of them died within the first 2 days.

Not trying to scare you... just hoping you understand that we mean well... just concerned readers.

Come on Dill.... we know you can do it!
I wasnt so much talking about you guys its just people in general.....You guys have all been fantastic.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wasnt so much talking about you guys its just people in general.....You guys have all been fantastic.
I agree, the board is great. I stumbled on this site 3 years ago when we adopted a pregnant cat from the pound. I was shocked when I began to have suspicions she was pg, and this site was great. I fortunately only had to wait two weeks for her to deliver from the moment I suspected. But I remember well... it was a LONG two weeks.

I really hope for your sake she has them soon - LOL I've been waiting too. Twix was digging like mad a couple days ago and I thought for sure she would have them that night. But nope - still waiting too.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this MEANS anything, but here is the breakdown for today.....

#1-Nesting, CRAZY nesting in the box i set up purring like a crazy person, staying in there for an hour or more after I leave the room...

#2- Genital licking, a lot of it, more than I have seen in a month

#3- Phantom Poop's in the litter box, a few times in the past 2 hours...
She will go in..."poop" come out, go right back in " poop" and does this repeatedly for about 5 minutes or so, walks away comes back bout 15 minutes later and the games starts all over again, only once did she actually poo.

#4- Runny poo....not slimy( sorry bout the graphic) but soft.....

#5- next to NO appitite...

HMMMMMMM...Im not gunna say she is going to have them, cuz it will jinx it, what does this sound like to you guys....????

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd say it sounds good, except that knowing Dill, it could be another 4 weeks...

But for tonight! I'll keep checking in!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zoethor2

I'd say it sounds good, except that knowing Dill, it could be another 4 weeks...

But for tonight! I'll keep checking in!
NOT LIKELY....lmao if nothing by thursday BACK to the vet she goes.....Needle time