Impossible Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the dewormer i just crushed n mixed with tuna.
the flea stuff i dumped on her neck while she ate.
she was not happy.
as of now, she uses her outside bathroom, but i don't know what would happen if she's kept in for 8 hours straight.
during the day, she goes outside often.
i'm a cat door person.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you get a freeze in the next month, the fleas shouldn't be a problem until spring. As long as she is outside chasing prey, you'll want to deworm her a least every 6 months.

I'm dying to know if she liked the catnip!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear Farrell scratching in her box after I get in bed, then she sleeps all night. My senior's box is at the other end of the house, so I don't know if he goes overnight. He usually leaves 3 pee balls per day and one poop about every day and a half or two.

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks.
i know she uses her bathroom area soon after breakfast, but that's all i know.
guys, i know you can't use my methods, because lying down for every meal is a big pain.
now that she eats in the house i just stroke her while i'm standing, just for a minute, so she knows i care.
i wonder if you could just stroke your kitties at every meal?
that' what made drifter decide she enjoys being touched.
i have been thinking about that list of 4 cat training aids. food is still most important, but mostly because it allows touching.
drifter may be different from your cats, but for her touching was the key.
drifter used to come only for food, but now, she comes for touching between meals, inside or out.
touching binds us.

Last edited:

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well, i didn't get a chance to refresh the catnip toy with fresh, but i handed it to drifter anyway.

she looked at me n said '' what the heck is this? where's my cheese?''
she completely ignored it.
she's outside for a stroll, but when she comes back in, i'll try the real stuff on that 2x12 that i want her to polish her nails on.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drifter is so funny- Where's my cheese? My cats used to love cheese and milk when they were little, but they don't seem to like it much anymore. Try the Yeowww banana catnip toy, my cats love that one. I pet Maggie sometimes when she's eating. Demi lets me pet him whenever I want, except if he's mad at me if I don't give him his favorite foods. He always knows if I try a different brand and gives me the silent treatment.

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i wish you'd try it 100% of the time. it might be that associating a pleasurable activity like
eating with another pleasurable activity [stroking] has a multiplier effect.
i sniffed that new catnip. it's good dope.
she ignored it.
not sure she can be part of this family if she doesn't wanna get stoned.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drifter won't eat the loose catnip? Demi loves it, but he never acts drunk on it. Maggie likes it okay, but prefers the toys. I'll try stroking Maggie while she eats, but she's a really slow eater, I might have to lay down like you did!

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
if mag is at all like drifter, you will be rewarded for your time.i did this at every single
meal for months.
all i ended up with is that lazy cat that's snoozing in the kitchen, but you sure can't call her feral.
i guess i could rub catnip into her fur or something, but i don't know. i remember seeing this orange boy cat
rolling around in catnip n having a great time.
drifter just likes rolling around in disgusting dirt.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i wish you'd try it 100% of the time. it might be that associating a pleasurable activity like
eating with another pleasurable activity [stroking] has a multiplier effect.
i sniffed that new catnip. it's good dope.
she ignored it.
not sure she can be part of this family if she doesn't wanna get stoned.
Ailish could not care less about catnip, including fresh. She will go after it if I accidently drop one of those little bags that come with a lot of. At stuff, but once she gets it out of the bag she doesn't do anything with it.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two of my cats don't eat catnip, but they will roll all over anything I sprinkle it on and act catnip drunk. Only Misfit eats it instead of just trying to rub her body all in it.

Maggie, will Maggie eat on your lap? I feed Misfit one or two meals on my lap while I sit in a folding camp chair and she lets me pet her while she eats. If I don't have time sit, her food goes on a pass-through shelf on the patio, but I always give her a few pets when I put down her food saucer.

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
after a hard day's work, messing around outside., i notice drifter
sleeps pressed against my legs, on the couch.
kinda odd, it's not cold in here.
possibly just togetherness?
not fair she doesn't like catnip. i was looking forward to watching her.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she just needs to learn to play with toys before she can appreciate catnip. It seems a lot of ferals don't really understand the whole "toy thing". It's not live prey so they're like, "What am I supposed to do with it?"

She is at your legs because she loves you. :redheartpump: Also, she probably likes human body temperature. We are warmer than the air temp, but cooler than a cat's body temp. To a cat, we probably feel like a cooler in the summer and a warmer in the winter. :p

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
toys are a no-go.
i tried hanging stuff from a long twig, ffor a toy.
scares her.
made a tin foil ball. yawn, she says.
i do have some plastic balls coming., as my last hope.

i knew this was gonna happen,

a professional huntress doesn't need pretend prey.
i do think she'd enjoy live mice tho.
[not in my house]

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i wonder if she can feel my heat thru her fur.
here's something that surprised me.
i'm at 4100' n the sun is fierce.
when she' s in the sun, i sometimes touch her n my hand burns. it really hurts!.
but she doesn't try to get out of the sun.
she doesn't notice.
from living far up north i have tons of pricey insulated clothing, but nothing like that.
i'm sure people would make clothes out of cats, but i guess it doesn't work off the cat.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may learn to play. Farrell took a few days to play with toys and she was a 4 month old kitten. Misfit took several months. She plays quite a lot now.

That black fur sure can absorb the heat radiating from the sun. I know cats are descended from desert cats, but you'd think they wouldn't be able to stand that much heat.

Cats' sense of hearing is so good, I wonder if they can hear our pulse; if they actually listen to the blood pulsing through our veins. :think:

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
eeew, blood pulsing? like prey?

by the way, this cat is exceptionally grungy.
looks like undercoat is showing thru the fur. i think she is putting on
a winter coat.
how am i supposed to make her coat shiny?
i sure would like to shampoo her.
aussie would make her pretty.
plus, i bet she'd love to smell like a girl.

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh, i knew someone who did that with malamute fur
icky then, icky now.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not ewww blood pulsing like prey, but comforting blood pulsing like having a companion. Sometimes I like to put my head down on my Corgi to listen to his heart beat. :redheartpump:

My 3 year old cat has never had a bath. Neither has Farrell. Umm, and I don't plan on bathing Misfit. Cats usually do a pretty good job cleaning themselves and chemical perfumes would probably bother their sense of smell. Plus potential prey would smell them coming.

You can add an Omega-3 fish oil supplement to her diet, or 1-2 egg yolks per week. Those things make the fur shine. :)