IBD food choice

tyleete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, so my doc said lamb or bunny to try my IBD boy on next. No to chicken, duck, & turkey. So moving on. Constant diarrhea forever. I found this one brand by instinct:
And my daughter found this food at her pet shop that is very particular about what's on their shelves:
The Instinct one has reviews of IBD owners having positive response, the other none. And the 2nd has not just one animal protein but 2 types of fish too.
Any advice from those in the know?
Also! He has been on wet food for some time. As soon as he's not starving to death (hyperthyroidism, we're working on it), I will put him back on wet. But with him eating 12-14oz every day, thereis NO way I can feed him a quality 🐑 or 🐰 food that's wet. So this is hopefully not a permanent solution. I do intend to go back to wet asap.:)
Thanks!

Furballsmom

Forum Helper and Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tyleete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Open farm lamb has fish as the second and third ingredient and chick peas
That's what bothered me.
I just looked. Rawz is outrageously expensive. At over $3.50 for a 5.5oz can.:( I can't afford that by a long shot. And am looking for dry at the moment. It would cost me over $320/mo at the moment to feed his monster appetite.

Furballsmom

Forum Helper and Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully one of the links I posted above has more ideas for you, plus his appetite should calm down eventually :vibes::crossfingers::heartshape:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what bothered me.
I just looked. Rawz is outrageously expensive. At over $3.50 for a 5.5oz can.:( I can't afford that by a long shot. And am looking for dry at the moment. It would cost me over $320/mo at the moment to feed his monster appetite.
I was thinking about the canned. That is outrageous!

tyleete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hopefully one of the links I posted above has more ideas for you, plus his appetite should calm down eventually :vibes::crossfingers::heartshape:
I sure hope so!!! I'm going to read over those links when I head off to bed. Thanks!

tyleete

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi
I've been trying to find the source again for my own purposes (Poppy has just been diagnosed H-T) but I thought I read somewhere that fish is bad for H-T?

Anyway, maybe check with your vet about the rabbit food?

By the way, in case you aren't familiar, this articles and two sites might be helpful;
Inflammatory Bowel Disease In Cats – TheCatSite Articles

IBDKitties – Helping Save Lives…One Paw at a Time

Feline IBD
Finally got to reading. I've read abbot IBD over the years as I have 2 cats with it. One even moved on to scl GI. So I do know about it, sadly. But I appreciate the links. I reread them just to refreshfor the heck of it.
I've also tried both raw (he did not like this) and home baked chicken both with EZ Complete. After 2mo he longer wanted it and it didn't make a bit of difference. So I stopped him on that.
We're back on just turkey pate right now as that's what I feed some of the others. But I definitely wanted to try him on another protein. Even the vet said it was a good idea. So I think as pointed out earlier but another, with the Open Farm also having 2 types of fish in it; I'll go with the Instinct food. And I will get him back on wet food as soon as possible. But while he's still eating 14oz a day? I can't afford lamb or rabbit wet food at that rate. So was just looking for opinions on which was better.
Thank you everyone for your help & advice!💞