I Think She Gave Birth Outside But I'm Not Sure!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes this isn't a situation of not being able to afford a vet, take out a credit card, borrow money or see if you can apply for CareCredit because this is likely an emergency situation. She may have ingested something poisonous or injured her mouth. She may have chewed an electrical cord and got electricuted...

How are the babies doing? I would have them tested and her too since she randomly mated with an outside cat, he could have been carrying a number of serious diseases (Feline AIDS, and Leukemia)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jasper-Adela

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kittens are well, I have her with me now and shes sleeping. She seems okay but I'm still looking to see if that happens again. My grandma looked her over and said she was okay but i have everything ready if i need to rush her to the vet. And for the male thing i think she may have mated with my neighbors cat, i swear they said he was fixed! I don't know how fixing a male cat works as most that i have had were females and if it was a male he was always fixed when i got him. We don't see many cats around our home (although i kbow their there), most are starys and to scared to come near our house because of our dogs. They are nice and love Adela but their still scared of them. My neighbors cat comes and plays with her often. Shes fine with diseases and such, heathy as well as the kittens. Witch is another reason why i think it was their cat.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless you test her blood for FIV and FeLV you have no way to know she doesn't have these as they ofter don't cause issues until older. But it is your responsibility to know if she passed these down to her kittens in the meantime before rehoming them. When females are in heat and males are intact they can tear through walls and travel miles to find each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jasper-Adela

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, she hasn't been out since the night were she was out all night. She's completely healthy, haveing had her blood tested and everything, although I'm still going to test the kittens just in case! I want them all to be healthy when they find their homes.

• Purraise
Reactions: jen