Feliway leftovers?

sara457

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi

I'm not sure what category this question belongs...but I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can transfer the leftover liquid from Feliway diffusers? After a few bottles with a little in each one, it adds up and could provide a weeks worth of stuff!

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure. One time I tried to take the tan spongy thing off because I wanted to recycle the plastic bottle, but I couldn't get it off for the life of me.

Just remember that these things do go into an active electrical outlet, so you might not want to mess with them too much.

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good question. Sounds like a hassle IMO, but I'm about to give Feliway a kick into the trash heap. I find their diffuser to be unreliable as it either collects dust which prevents proper evaporation of the solution or my troublemaker is immune to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sara457

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, well I guess I'll let that idea go then. I thought I'd read on Amazon that someone was saying you can save the last drops...anyway, as you say, if it goes into an electrical outlet, best not to mess with it.

I find that the Feliway *seems* to be helping. My cat was spraying every day for months. I had the whole living room covered in garbage bags...it was awful :( But now I've been much more pro active in finding ways to stop him from spraying. He *has* to be played with every single day, or he goes crazy. Plus other enrichment activities. Plus the Feliway. Plus a calming pill. Wow. But since I plugged in the Feliway two months ago, there really hasn't been much spraying at all that I can see.

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My issue is a horizontal carpet scratcher in the AM. It's some sort of anxiety thing because it starts pacing and mumbling around the bedrom at 5 am.

RachelS99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I'm not sure what category this question belongs...but I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can transfer the leftover liquid from Feliway diffusers? After a few bottles with a little in each one, it adds up and could provide a weeks worth of stuff!
Hello,

I recently got a rescue cat and have these difusers all over the house. Like you I noticed that we were left with some liquid in each, rather a bit of money to waste isn’t it?! I kept all my bottles and using thin pointed pliers eased out the rubber/silicone ring out from the plastic bottle and decanted it into one bottle. Be careful not to catch the rod though as they snap really easily. From 4 “empty” bottles I’ve refilled one up to about 3/4 full. Will continue to do this as that saves the pennies! I notice this is an old post but thought it maybe useful to someone.

IsabellaG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I recently got a rescue cat and have these difusers all over the house. Like you I noticed that we were left with some liquid in each, rather a bit of money to waste isn’t it?! I kept all my bottles and using thin pointed pliers eased out the rubber/silicone ring out from the plastic bottle and decanted it into one bottle. Be careful not to catch the rod though as they snap really easily. From 4 “empty” bottles I’ve refilled one up to about 3/4 full. Will continue to do this as that saves the pennies! I notice this is an old post but thought it maybe useful to someone.
I used needle nosed pliers and put the leftover Feliway liquid on a ceramic lamp diffuser ring instead of attempting to add it to a new bottle. That way, I have the new plug in Feliway going and when I turn on my lamp in another room it will diffuse the leftover.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi I IsabellaG .. This thread started twenty years ago, but your advice is still good. :)
Welcome to TCS.. :thumbsup: