I Think One Of The Newborn Kitten Is Sick

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry, I know how you feel after trying so hard. It is obvious that all the kitten were sick at birth and so was their mom. Take a look now to make sure that the milk she wasn't able to give them is not being retained and causing her a problem. Couldn't you take her to the vet to make sure her treatment is doing its job? More so because she is affected by the same condition her kittens were. Once she has recovered she should be operated to avoid new pregnancies. Is she your own cat or a feral you have rescued?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wifeofdave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can call area shelters and ask if they have any orphan kittens who need a foster mother. The need is great out there!
She keeps meowing here. We have 3 more kittens in our other house and we plan to take it here so that the mother cat will not be sad anymore.

wifeofdave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry, I know how you feel after trying so hard. It is obvious that all the kitten were sick at birth and so was their mom. Take a look now to make sure that the milk she wasn't able to give them is not being retained and causing her a problem. Couldn't you take her to the vet to make sure her treatment is doing its job? More so because she is affected by the same condition her kittens were. Once she has recovered she should be operated to avoid new pregnancies. Is she your own cat or a feral you have rescued?
She is our own cat. We rescued her in the street when she was still little. I'm so sad because all of her 5 kittens died and she keeps meowing here in the house because I think she's looking for her kittens. The vet said that they have some sort of respiratory viral infection that's why they died. I thought they gonna survive since they are taking three different medicines but I was wrong. I will still give the mother cat the medicines.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure that it is a good idea to bring other kittens from your other house. Are you sure mom's respiratory viral infection is not contagious? Have you consulted the vet about this? Also, have you examined her teats to make sure she is not having a problem with retained milk? This happens often when a mom loses her kittens. If she had a problem THERE it would be painful and that could be the reason why she is always crying. Is she now breathing normally? I wouldn't bring any more kittens over until you have ascertained from your vet that she isn't contagious. We could help you better if you would reply to these questions. Wishing you the best results.

wifeofdave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am not sure that it is a good idea to bring other kittens from your other house. Are you sure mom's respiratory viral infection is not contagious? Have you consulted the vet about this? Also, have you examined her teats to make sure she is not having a problem with retained milk? This happens often when a mom loses her kittens. If she had a problem THERE it would be painful and that could be the reason why she is always crying. Is she now breathing normally? I wouldn't bring any more kittens over until you have ascertained from your vet that she isn't contagious. We could help you better if you would reply to these questions. Wishing you the best results.
Well she keeps coming back to where her kittens were placed before as if she's looking for her kittens. She's breathing normally though.