I Think One Of The Newborn Kitten Is Sick

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news, I'm very happy for you and............for the little one. Where was him? Have you been able to check that his mom is feeding him? Perhaps it would be a good idea to supplement his feeding with the biomilk the vet had avised for the other kitten. Is he gaining weight?

I'm wondering about the health of this mom cat that gave birth to so many weak kittens. Have you had her seen by the vet? Perhaps she is not well herself and not fit to feed the remaining kitten. I strongly advise you to have her examined by the vet if you haven't yet done it. It is not normal that so many of her kittens have died.

Please keep in touch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wifeofdave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good news, I'm very happy for you and............for the little one. Where was him? Have you been able to check that his mom is feeding him? Perhaps it would be a good idea to supplement his feeding with the biomilk the vet had avised for the other kitten. Is he gaining weight?

I'm wondering about the health of this mom cat that gave birth to so many weak kittens. Have you had her seen by the vet? Perhaps she is not well herself and not fit to feed the remaining kitten. I strongly advise you to have her examined by the vet if you haven't yet done it. It is not normal that so many of her kittens have died.

Please keep in touch.
The vet said that they have viral infection sort of that and the last kitten and the mother have been taking two different medicine. I'm really trying hard to save this one. Can I buy biomilk without the prescription of the vet? I'm really planning to buy that one since the mother cat always leave the kitten.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you close mom in a room with the kitten and everything she needs? Food, water, litter box.

Where is mom going?

wifeofdave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you close mom in a room with the kitten and everything she needs? Food, water, litter box.

Where is mom going?
They always stay in the closet and the mother cat always leave and stays outside the closet.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you been able to check that Mom is feeding the remaining kitten? And if so, does the vet think a Mom with a viral infection SHOULD feed her kittens?

Also, since she is only nursing ONE kitten this could cause milk retention and the teats to become swollen and hot (mastitis). Are you able to check all is well?

Last edited:

wifeofdave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you been able to check that Mom is feeding the remaining kitten? And if so, does the vet think a Mom with a viral infection SHOULD feed her kittens?

Also, since she is only nursing ONE kitten this could cause milk retention and the teats to become swollen and hot (mastitis). Are you able to check all is well?
I've been feeding the kitten a goat's milk since pet stores are far away from our home and the kitten and mother have been taking 3 meds already.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So I take it they are all doing well now?

Thank you for your care of them!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been feeding the kitten a goat's milk since pet stores are far away from our home and the kitten and mother have been taking 3 meds already.
Good, I congratulate you on your dedicated care of them. Are you able to weigh the little one and make sure he s gaining weight? Is he only fed by you or is he also nursed by his mom?

wifeofdave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good, I congratulate you on your dedicated care of them. Are you able to weigh the little one and make sure he s gaining weight? Is he only fed by you or is he also nursed by his mom?
I'm really sad right now. The last kitten in the litter died. I thought it's gonna be fine since she's taking meds and milk.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, little one, dream you deep. Your tiny life mattered, and you were loved and cared for.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can call area shelters and ask if they have any orphan kittens who need a foster mother. The need is great out there!