I"m back, they lost me

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for awhile becasue I thought the site was being worked on, come to find out they wiped me out

I am busy with the 10 cats I rescued, I have 6 taken care of at the vet spayed, nutered, shots wormed and tested and they were all negitive, I think I have a home for the first one

I am falling for all of them, already have 1 picked out and in the house,
Its been alot of work and sometimes I still feel
for changing the way they were but I know its for the better, and they all seem very at home,
My hubby enlarged the enclouser already, He's such a gem

And I am working on these guys everyday, so far I know 3 are 4 to 6 mos old, and 2 are at least 9months old , and 1 was a male and he's a handsome boy to and a big boy, they are getting better, and I know it takes time. They have all filled out and love to play and eat
and that they are...
Glad to be back can't wait to catch up on the feral stories, I just can't say how great this site is, I would still be crying trying to figure out what to do to get those kitty's, and I am so glad I did. The last one I am still trying to get every night I go to that parking lot and try and get it and feed it, its been a tough one, and I feel very sad I haven't been able to. but I got 10 real fast and I won't give up on this one yet, Thank you for being here

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! Thank you for rescuing 10 cats and I hope you catch the last one soon. May they find good homes too! Have you named the one you've decided to keep?

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
so glad you posted!! I was sad to see that one of the threads lost was yours!!

I am happy now that I can keep updated with your rescues
I said it before on the last thread - but bless you for doing all that you are for these kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the Welcome back, because I'll probably be needing more advice and support
And I need a very special name for my new boy, he's very cute, I think he's going to be a big boy to. He's orange and white and very sweet. I probably put more of my
and Soul into getting these guy's then anything I think I have ever done, I know for sure it was a big emotional deal trying to do it,and I
them all, and will cry when they go, so I will need to think about a special name I think as a reminder, right now I just call him Orange Boy

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Thanks for the Welcome back, because I'll probably be needing more advice and support
And I need a very special name for my new boy, he's very cute, I think he's going to be a big boy to. He's orange and white and very sweet. I probably put more of my
and Soul into getting these guy's then anything I think I have ever done, I know for sure it was a big emotional deal trying to do it,and I
them all, and will cry when they go, so I will need to think about a special name I think as a reminder, right now I just call him Orange Boy
your welcome - and you are doing such an AMAZING job!!!!!

click here for a thread that has a whole bunch of names - that may help?

I bet you will cry when they leave - but just think of what you have done for these babies
you have given them a great chance in life
they are so lucky that you walked into their lives

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

your welcome - and you are doing such an AMAZING job!!!!!

click here for a thread that has a whole bunch of names - that may help?

I bet you will cry when they leave - but just think of what you have done for these babies
you have given them a great chance in life
they are so lucky that you walked into their lives
I think I'll name him Dunkin
I have no idea why, it just came to mind
He's such a nice calm kitty for a 5 or 6 mo old, I'll have to put pictures on here.
One of the bigger boys I had nutered on wednesday last week didn't look like he was feeling all to well yesterday or this morning, so I called the Vet and asked if he would have gotten sick from that and they told me more then likley the stress of the ordeal, they said they give antibotics after the nutering, so I took him and the vet is going to check him all over for me.
I really like this vet he seems like a great person, I told him he may be a little hard to handel, and he said well I have great help, he knows that I rescued them, I told him my Heart is kind heart is getting beat up, so he told me well I have a kind heart aslo so why don't you leave him tonight and that way we can treat him today and tomoorw for what we find. And he is so reasonible for the spaying and nutering $25 and $15, I'm glad I found him I guess they do alot of rescue cats. I think I will take my Basset to him, I haven't been able to find anyone after we moved, I really clicked with, he just seems very kind and careing. And the people at Actors and Others for animals told me that's a great place, so I feel hopefully there word is pretty good.
I missed this site, I once was lost but now am found

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all had a few bad days. but I was wondering how you were and whether you had got the last kitty. I do hope you succeed soon.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I think I'll name him Dunkin
I have no idea why, it just came to mind
I love names that just come to you like that!!! any chance of seeing any photos of Dunkin? and the others of course?

yes your vet sounds wonderful!! so lucky you found him!!

I was wondering too about that final kitty - did you manage to trap him? looking forward to an update on him

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I have not been able to get that last one, I haven't seen it for 4 days, I am just so heartbroken, I am back to
now everytime I go, but I still go take food every night, someone is eating it... I guess I will know when to stop going, I am sure there are other Cats in that parking lot, the security person told me she has seen a few, but she told me she would call me if she comes across the one I was trying to get.. It seems that it doesn't matter how good you feel about how many you have gotten, it's the one you can't that hurts the most. I still feel horrible thinking I took his family and friends
I just came back from there, I drive all over that parking lot and look all over for it, sometimes I just sit there hoping it shows up
Thanks for asking though I am not ready to give up at all.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome back! That is such a sweet name, Dunkin! And definitely, thanks for taking care of the cats!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no now they are all sneezing
Even my basset hound...If anything happens to these guys I am so done
I have gotten medication for them, the biggest one of all I took to the vet he really didn't feel good, the rest of them don't seem to feel bad they are eating, playing and eveything,
I think it must be airborn or something, the dog is even sneezing, well I was to last week, oh my gosh Please do not let them get really sick

I have so much invested emotionally I couldn't stand it,,,,11 sneezing cats and 1 dog oh brother.... Even Dunkin! and 1 of my big cats. Oh please keep your fingers crossed that I got it in time,,,,
and I'll be
big time

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh no
I am so sorry to hear what is happening - I am sure you got to it in time - you have done such an amazing job and they are going to be just fine
what has your vet said? this must be such a difficult time for you and you must feel so overwhelmed.
chin my my friend - you know that we are all here with you every single step of the way

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vet seems to think we caught it hopefully before it gets out of hand, and the Gal that works for him told me they have had lots of calls about the cats espically(sneezing) must be something airborn,
I am watching all of them like a hawk
and giving them medication 2 x a day, and the weather is supposed to be in the 70s here the next few days and I think that will help, its been pretty cold here for California the last couple of weeks.
The good news is that I went last night to take food for the last one, I didn't see it, but about 10 pm the security guard from the parking lot called me and said she saw the black and white one
it seems it moved from that spot that I had been feeding them all those months, I don't know why but I will be there tonight and look for it and try to build some confidence back in it. The Gal told me maybe its afraid of the possium witch we have seen over there and this is one HUGE possium
So (hopefully) no I take that back I know it can't have forgotten me. I will be back there trying to get it, sorry this is so long
Thanks for careing

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

just checking in to see how they are all doing?
TY Huggles, They seem to be doing ok, I honstley think it was something in the air. But better to give them something then take a chance,
Now if the Basset Hound straghtens out
She thinks the kitty's are her's, now she is carrying around a rubber squeeking crab, crying thinking she has had babies
And won't let Dad out of her site, she was whinning so much yesterday she sounded like a whistle. Covering up the crab then it would squeek she would uncover it, she's driving me nuts. Anyway I think everyone is doing good.