I Have More Trust Issues Than This Feral..

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Reaction score
buffster buffster : been wondering how things were going with you and your boys, so glad Jcatbird Jcatbird posted her query post. Glad you got through your final clinical. Good luck with your studying, and eventual job search. Also paws crossed that Charlie is just having furball issues, and that you, yourself, feel better soon. :crossfingers:

pearl99

In memory of Pearl, my labrador. RIP Pearl.
Top Cat
Reaction score
Buffster7 Buffster7 , so glad to see an update also! Have been thinking of you and Charlie and Finn. How great you are done with school! Except for boards. Hopefully that is relatively soon! Best of luck in the job search and hope you get just what you want.

Yes let us know about the vet appt. results. Hope by now you are feeling better too.

Things here are fine, still intro'ing Ziggy but she's such a calm cat that it's not a problem and she still loves her "room."

Gracie had to have a tooth pulled and a full dental from a tooth resorption happening (had never heard of that) and it took two weeks for her to fully get back to herself but she feels much better now with that tooth gone.
Also Gracie's heart murmur is gone, must have been caused by stress while she was in the shelter according to the vet.

And, I am just fine. Surviving the covid restrictions but feeling some effect of not getting out or seeing people as much. TCS has helped that!

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
Hi ladies! Thank you so much for touching base!
As for catching up.... lol. Got time? I guess you know about Smokey. Purry just got stung or bitten by something. Me too. At first I thought a feral might have gotten his ear but I am leaning towards the hornet now. I got zapped twice. Purry is better. Prints has joined us for now. I am searching for three lost cats too. All in all, not much going on.:lol: ;)
Oh no, I did not and still don't know about Smokey - I must have missed that update when I was perusing your post, I will go back and find it! Now...I don't know who Prints is, either! It sounds like I have some catching up to do!
Good luck with your studying, and eventual job search.
Thanks rubysmama! The studying has already begun..'they' recommend 6-8 weeks full time study for the boards, but I think I can pull it off in 4 weeks. I'm scheduling my exam for 4 weeks from Monday, yikes!
Also Gracie's heart murmur is gone, must have been caused by stress while she was in the shelter according to the vet.
Whaaa?? That is fantastic news!! It sounds like you've had YOUR hands full with the cats! So glad that Gracie is feeling better, getting healthier, and that Ziggy is 'chill' for you in spite of the intros. You do have a beautiful crew!

Charlie's vet appointment didn't happen - they were running behind that day and one of the techs came out to the car and said it was going to be quite a while before they could get to us, and I could wait or reschedule. I had to meet with my accountant to get my taxes filed, so will need to reschedule. I contemplated forgoing it altogether since he seems to be doing so much better. But that cough.. I just don't know. I don't think a hairball cough would be happening this frequently, would it? He coughs like that at some point every day. If it were a tumor or heart issues, would blood work reveal a problem? Or should I just go straight to a scan?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Bloodwork can reveal a LOT! In fact, there are new blood tests for the heart. Much can be determined with bloodwork so that would be my first choice. I am wondering about asthma/cat bronchitis. Bacteria and allergies are still my guess at this point. If he coughs daily, yes, get an appointment to be safe. Show the vet that coughing video! That is a great diagnostic tool. Maybe you could send that on in ahead of time and get a response? I would try. It might save a visit.
You haven’t met Prints?!?!? Oh. Then here is a giggle. He has spots all over and he appeared after Froggie worked some magic so we are sure that the spots are Frog foot prints. Also, this kitty has already left Prints all over my heart. ;) Trying to find him a home though. Here is your giggle.
B3B59460-4883-4F07-AF49-D16AF2E0946D.jpeg
8DA4983C-021C-4580-A2CF-DB9694E18EAE.jpeg

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
Show the vet that coughing video! That is a great diagnostic tool. Maybe you could send that on in ahead of time and get a response? I would try. It might save a visit.
You haven’t met Prints?!?!? Oh. Then here is a giggle. He has spots all over and he appeared after Froggie worked some magic so we are sure that the spots are Frog foot prints. Also, this kitty has already left Prints all over my heart.
Oh my word, Prints is perfection!!! NO wonder he's stolen your heart. I must go search his story out of how he came to join the clowder. It is amazing the way these kitties find you! I have noticed that the local kitties seem to find my yard, too - how do they know? They will come here to lounge can usually be found in my yard even though I do not feed or interact with them (most belong to someone and I cannot allow my heart to get involved with any of them). What do your clowder think of Prints? It would be so entertaining to watch them when a new arrival comes on the scene.

As for Charlie, I've rescheduled his appointment and the soonest they could get him in is in a week on Friday morning. I am now gravely concerned. His coughing has increased exponentially over this last week, and it's happening throughout the day, I'm weepy as I write this. It's been happening since we woke up this morning, here is a vid after one coughing fit where Finn came over to check on him out - his concern is so sweet. I have sent the videos to my vet before, but everything changes when it becomes a daily occurrence, and it seems to have increased to daily pretty rapidly and within the past few days it is happening multiple times throughout the day. Hopefully they will have a cancellation, though if it is something insidious, I'm not sure what difference a few days would make. I will keep you posted, of course.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
They find us through cat vibes! Lol I suspect there is a cat version of the grapevine. I suppose the other cats see, smell and hear us and our cats. :dunno: I don’t really know because I have been found even when I didn’t have a cat. The Universe sends them?;)
I try NOT to see them but..... do. I have something printed on my forehead maybe? 🍭
Prints appeared after a kiss between Froggie and Banjo? Lol I suspect he was dumped but he could be a feral turned semi feral. He hasn’t been exposed to other humans much yet. So far, he is scared of them but submits. Some young cats do that as a fear/survival mechanism. Similar to playing possum. He is doing very well with me though. Last night he really started playing for the first time. He knocked over so much stuff he startled me out of sleep! He did come to me when I called him though. Only a few cats have been around him. At first he was quarantined and then neutered. The girls in the room with Wanda Heart allowed him to roam the room without harrasment. Wanda Heart may be developing a crush on him. Callie gave him kisses as the designated greeter and peace maker. Liberty and Alley are still undecided and Tortie allows anyone as long as she gets held too. Did you see the lattice I put up at the doors? It’s working as a meet and greet barrier. BJ got to see Pronts and was baffled but not in a bad way. The rest will come in time. I’m general, new comers are accepted quickly here. The more the merrier? Sort of! Lol

The video of Charlie doesn’t sound terrible. I have heard way worse. It was short. I think I remember the last was more of a cough/wheeze. This one almost seemed more of a case of reflux. I still wonder if it is a case of allergy or sort of an asthma. Of course, it could be something more and it needs to be checked since you see it regularly and it seems to be increasing in frequency. Just so you know, BJ started coughing again and it scared me. I was worried about that case of heartworms he had. No return of them though! The vet gave him an antihistamine ( same prescription I am on) and he stopped! Fall allergy season! Here it is humans burning stuff that gets me! Wood stove and fireplaces! It’s not that cold here yet people! I have to wonder if BJ and I have that in common. Is Charlie still chewing his fur? Itching? Oh! I also noticed that if I make a big fuss and give lots of extra treats and pets, BJ doesn’t cough. (Am I still wearing that 🍭 on my forehead?);) Whatever works! Of course, when Bj gets extra treats, the Clowder must get them too. I should buy stock in cat treats!