I Has An Expresshun!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how can anyone question the universal and eternal fame and PAWpularity of Pavarotti? :redheartpump: :silver::redheartpump::heartshape:
At least Pav sang in tune..Bengals have a thing called the Bengal scream if they close to the leopard cat, F2 F3 F4 F5,..hear it 3 blocks away..when they let loose next to you its deafening..lol Thats what he did to me!!
going through a discussion thing at the moment how they claim possession of certain things in the house or outside..so interesting

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least Pav sang in tune..Bengals have a thing called the Bengal scream if they close to the leopard cat, F2 F3 F4 F5,..hear it 3 blocks away..when they let loose next to you its deafening..lol Thats what he did to me!!
going through a discussion thing at the moment how they claim possession of certain things in the house or outside..so interesting
I love loud cats. And silver cats. As far as I'm concerned, all things here belong to Elvis.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's exactly how his dad described him when we were talking adoption -- "He's a character." Indeed he is!View attachment 449688
Rollin' and smilin' -- Elvis IS the King! :redheartpump: :bluecat:👑:redheartpump::heartshape:
One thing i have found intriguing and interesting is that with cats that have a definite strong character is that your bonding with them is so strong..you being experienced in multiple cats would know that for sure

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing i have found intriguing and interesting is that with cats that have a definite strong character is that your bonding with them is so strong..you being experienced in multiple cats would know that for sure
OH YEAH. Elvis has been out and about in the house more in the past couple of weeks, which is great, but he hasn't been staying with me at night, which isn't. Yesterday he accepted a protracted stroking session during the day, and at night, he bounded onto the bed and curled up beside my pillow, accepting another long stroking session. He stayed for quite awhile. I was very happy and his loud and long purrs seem to indicate he was, too!:)
IMG_0229.JPG

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH YEAH. Elvis has been out and about in the house more in the past couple of weeks, which is great, but he hasn't been staying with me at night, which isn't. Yesterday he accepted a protracted stroking session during the day, and at night, he bounded onto the bed and curled up beside my pillow, accepting another long stroking session. He stayed for quite awhile. I was very happy and his loud and long purrs seem to indicate he was, too!:)View attachment 449689
Oh yes..Blue would violently reject any touch or attempt at petting, the day he ran to me for a pet before going to his food bowl I nearly broke down in tears..it was 3 years of work to get him to that point, it is such a wonderful feeling when when they start letting go of their inhabitions..yet he doted on me for any voice or looks for comfort and attention. They are intriguing creatures.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes..Blue would violently reject any touch or attempt at petting, the day he ran to me for a pet before going to his food bowl I nearly broke down in tears..it was 3 years of work to get him to that point, it is such a wonderful feeling when when they start letting go of their inhabitions..yet he doted on me for any voice or looks for comfort and attention. They are intriguing creatures.
Yes! There's a lot going on in there, to be sure. Elvis was very shy when he first joined us -- he'd lived 9 years with his dad & family, as far as I know, before coming here, so it must have been a terrible shock to him! His dad loves him but was marrying an "allergic" and made the decision to rehome Elvis. I would not have made that decision, but anyway. Elvis took awhile to decide it wasn't so bad here, and he is normally very affectionate, sleeping with me and spending a lot of time on my lap here in the office. IDK whether it's the change in the weather or what, that has made him less like that. But I hope he decides to accept more attention! He is often right outside the bathroom door when I emerge in the morning and he likes to drop at my feet and roll. He knows that cutes me out bigtime :petcat:
IMG_0310.JPG

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That rolling over and showing their belly..gets me every time..I was tempted to give Blue a raspberry on his belly when he was sleeping upside down but I knew it meant instant death. He is a lump of pure muscle and you dont get away with things like that without grevious injury..lol It hs been an interesting trip with him..a cat that has no kittenhood..been sold to abusive owners that he turned on and they were afraid of him..he really at a few points has been way out of my experience and knowledge to deal with and I used to look after big cats..lol. Think you have won with Elvis..he will be a great cat..can see it it his face.
And he silver so am biased..lol
P1250670 (2).JPG

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That rolling over and showing their belly..gets me every time..I was tempted to give Blue a raspberry on his belly when he was sleeping upside down but I knew it meant instant death. He is a lump of pure muscle and you dont get away with things like that without grevious injury..lol It hs been an interesting trip with him..a cat that has no kittenhood..been sold to abusive owners that he turned on and they were afraid of him..he really at a few points has been way out of my experience and knowledge to deal with and I used to look after big cats..lol. Think you have won with Elvis..he will be a great cat..can see it it his face.
And he silver so am biased..lolView attachment 449692
Elvis has been with me for 6 1/2 years and yes, he IS a great cat. *Of course, I've never met a cat who ISN'T great.* I take the risk of giving him razzberries. Because it's worth it.:crackup: He's actually pretty patient with my silliness. He knows that the razzberries, silly talk & songs, and all the rest are because he is LOVED. So he puts up with it. And he knows the opposable thumbs ensure he has the foods he loves, the brushing he loves, and the stroking he loves. So he lets me.
Blue is beyond adorable!:loveeyes:
IMG_E0314.JPG