I Got My Feral In The House Today!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Right back at you, pal. :)

Hopefully the kitty cam will show them interacting, in a good way. :crossfingers:

houseofnine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Walli's mom! Long time no chat. Aimee is playing with me with the fishing pole toy. She's still in her own room (hubs office) but we leave the door open with the tall baby gate shut. The other kitties come to sniff/visit, with varying responses. It's been getting steadily better. We'll have had her 6 months as of July 3. =)
I hope all's good with you.

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think you are doing great - I don't think there is a right or wrong here - 5 -6 years is a long time to have survived outside. I think more time is needed given her age, it will take longer I would think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the camera going and walli pretty much stays in her room and mostly the catio I did notice that she may have a urinary problem she is going to the litter box a lot is there anything i can do? its prolly stress that is causing it. I would take her off the dry food, she gets canned at night around 8pm but I hate to leave the canned food out during the day as it will sit a long time. I ordered scaredy cat from Jackson galaxy i hope that works, does anyone know of any remedies?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it's an actual urinary infection, she will likely need antibiotics. My Ruby had a UTI a while back, and knowing there was no way I could give her pills, the vet gave her a shot with the antibiotics. I think it took a little longer to kick in, but at least I didn't have to fight twice, or 3 times, a days trying to get a pill down her throat.

What are Walli's pee clumps like? With Ruby she was constantly going to the litter box, and only peeing little tiny drops each time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What size are her pee clumps? When Demi had a UTI, Amoxicillin antibiotic for 10 days worked. I also tried to increase his canned food, decrease the dry food.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The pee clumps are pretty small, I will try and get a better description on tomorrows litter cleaning. I am going to try UR Fine and hope that works.
It's just so hard to get her to the vet. I'm stressed about this.
Is it ok for the canned food to sit out? If I give her canned food in the morning
not sure how long it will sit. The clumps are bigger than drops, so I hope this UR Fine takes care of it, if not I'm in trouble.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is in the UR Fine? I've left wet food out for 3 hours before. Not sure about in this heat though.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is Jackson Galaxy's formula for Urinary tract problems
Hi has another formula too, I may order them both not sure.
sheesh, I'm at a loss, I will give her only canned food tonite.
and maybe switch her to some urinary tract dry food.
Thank you! I will definitely need to sedate her If I have to take her to the vet.
which I'm thinking is only going to add stress.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went and looked at the clumps I still had the bag from earlier today.
They are not real small clumps, also I just started giving her a different dry food I have been mixing it with her other dry food to switch it over, I don't think it is agreeing with her, I just found she threw up today, I am giving her only canned food tonite. I'm so glad you guys are here for me, helps me to think.

Ok, I will order that UR Fine, quit giving her that dry food, (It said prebiotic/probiotic so I thought it was good for her). Canned food only tonite.
Hope for the best, I will keep an eye on her. I already ordered scaredy cat from Jackson galaxy that should help her stress a little too.

I have got to get these 2 cats together but I can't rush it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Found this pic via Google. When Ruby had the UTI most of her pee clumps were like the teeny tiny ones in the pic. Hope Walli feels better soon. :crossfingers:

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry - I was looking at Rubymama's clumps, thought that was Walli. How large would you say his clumps are? Tangerine? Marble? Golf ball? If they are like in Rubysmama picture, you need to contact vet. Hopefully, they are larger than that?

Wet food is fine to leave out, depending on the brand - I know nothing about the holistic stuff, but I have left Fancy Feast out for hours, both before going to bed and leaving for work sometimes. Assuming it is not warm in your home and you have the A/C on. I would not leave "natural" stuff out, but traditional, commercial wet food will be fine (Friskies, Fancy Feast, etc.).

I am sorry to hear he still is not active. I know your situation is not an easy one. Maybe the vet can call in an Rx knowing how stressful the trip would be?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking the same thing, if Walli has been seen in the last year, then the vet should be okay with calling in a prescription for antibiotics. Amoxicillin is good. My vet is that way, he just wants to see the cats once a year. Yeah, get some canned food into her and try to get those pee clumps bigger. What is the name of the dry food that made her throw up? Is it grain-free? My cats had problems with a lot of the fancy grain-free dry foods.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Everybody and thanks for that pic, helps.
Her clumps this morning were more Golf ball size (2), that sounds ok right?
altho she didn't come in at all yesterday, as we were home.
I will get the name of that dry food, I got it at sprouts, it said prebiotic/probiotic
Do not buy this food!!! I will get the name of it.
I am not going to feed that anymore, she has been eating Nutrish dry for a year.
Thanks sweet black paws about the leaving the canned food out.
They are getting Friskies and Fancy Feast right now.
I hope the drops I ordered helps her. I know I could get antibiotics, but I have no way of giving them to her, Huge problem.
Our old girl Patchy had UTI problem towards the end of her life, so I know what it looks like when it's bad.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just put the antibiotics in the canned food. That's what I did for Demi. One time he had a liquid and the other time it was a capsule where I emptied out the powder. It sounds like her pee clumps are getting bigger though. :crossfingers:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know you can put it in the food, Thank you so much!!!
I did not know that.

Thanks everybody, If you were here I would bake you something :lol:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Golf ball today, Left Canned food for her this morning
Only canned food last night, she seems to be making tiny bits of progress.
The scaredy cat formula should come today, I will let you know if it works is is suppose to help them out of their shell a bit.
She wasn't hiding behind her partition in the catio this morning, she was where I could see her. I'm so glad I got the camera, I would not of known!
You guys are my lifeline right now, Thanks so much!