I Don't Know What To Do! - Updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
J Jessica923

Another thing you can do is to hold mom in your lap in the bathroom with a hot shower running to create steam. This may help her to breathe better for a few minutes.

I sure hope she pulls through!
Momma cat has passed away,

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry she passed away. :( I hope her kittens survive; I know it's very tough looking after such young ones.
Yes her kittens survived. I had to clamp the cords on all 3 kittens and cut and cauterize the cord but my other cat had kittens also that day so I moved all three kittens to her and she is taking very good care of them

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that the mother cat passed away. I wish more could have been done for her.

I hope you can get the other mom spayed after the 7 kittens wean and before she conceives again.

There are low-cost clinics for spaying in your area. I'll be happy to locate one for you.
Thank you so much. And i plan on getting her fixed asap. How do I upload a picture on here

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use the "camera" icon and then "upload a file" that is underneath it after clicking.

Last edited:

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Use the "camera" icon and then "upload a file" that is underneath it after clicking.

My post about holding mom in a steamy bathroom was from yesterday.

I acknowledged her death already in another post.
Ok thank you and sorry still getting use to this

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you keep mom 100% inside until the kittens have weaned? She can get pregnant again at any time.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Roberta.jpg
Kittens.jpg
Ladyfostermommy.jpg
the top cat was the momma cat. Her name is roberta, the 2 black kittens side by side were hers, the bottom cat is named Ladybug, the striped kitten under her leg is also roberta's. They seem healthy and happy

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you keep mom 100% inside until the kittens have weaned? She can get pregnant again at any time.
Not really I keep the window cracked because I have other cats and strays that I take care of so they all have the choice to come in and go out if they're too hot or cold or just want to go running around. But the mommy/foster mommy doesn't go out much at all

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to keep her in or you will have litter after litter. You are risking her life, too.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Roberta was very pretty. It's lucky her kittens were born healthy.

Try to make sure that all 7 kittens are getting enough milk. With 7, there is sure to be a runt who gets pushed off the nipples. It's like mom is nursing 2 litters.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, with 7 it's likely you'll need to supplement the kittens or you might lose the smallest ones. There are a lot of good videos on Youtube if you need help with technique.

If you have a lot of strays hanging around, you'll need to figure out some way to get them all fixed (at least the females, but best if you can get the boys done too) or you're going to end up with hundreds of sick cats everywhere, like a house from Animal Cops or Hoarders or something :/. Cats breed very quickly and the situation can get out of control very easily. Perhaps one of the TNR organizations will know of someone who can help with trapping and transportation.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on losing Roberta. She was a lovely girl. Ladybug is a pretty girl, too, but her eyes are looking runny. What with nursing all those babies, her immune system will be weakened, so you could try asking your local vets and ask if they would be willing to sell you some antibiotic - it won't work against a virus but if she has a secondary infection, it might help that. L-lysine is a supplement that helps the cat's immune system fight viruses so if I were you, I would ask about that. Also, a good quality kitten food should help as well as giving the mother cat some of the kitten formula. If you start a new thread, please post here, so we know where to check for updates. ~ Susan

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone but I'm a little freaked out and happy at the same time. You will not believe this. Apparently my cat Roberta is still alive. And she's beside me. So the cat I held for 4 hours Im not sure who it was but it wasn't mine. But at least I was able to be there for her in her time of need. But she looked just like my Roberta. I'm just happy she's alive! She is trying to eat but she's only eating a couple of bites and I'm still giving her Pedialyte. Her breathing is the same but her heart rate seems slower. Im just thanking God that she's still here

loonieluna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
omg! How did that even happen? Are you sure this cat is Roberta? Details!

I had this thread on watch because of your little Roberta. What a surprise! That is so amazing for you though! You must be so happy!

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont know how it happened but it did and I'm ecstatic that she's still with me. But they looked almost identical. I did t realize it until she came in the window about an hour ago. And the cat I put in a box I opened it and realized that she didn't have a white spot on her chest like Roberta does. And when I checked Roberta she had the white spot!!! I just couldnt believe it!

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No Roberta had her 3 kittens and got out when i was cleaning my Windows and porch.. another black cat came in later and i thought it was roberta but it was another cat and she was breathing heavy and she ended up passing away while I held her. But now I'm really worried. Upon Roberta's heart rate slowing down and her breathing slowing down, she is now bleeding from her backside