I Don't Know What To Do! - Updated

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the other black cat that died didn't have a spreadable disease. Are the kittens separated from the sick cats? Are any of the cats vaccinated?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
J Jessica923

How much is Roberta bleeding? It's normal for cats to spot for about a week after having kittens, while the uterus heals.

If it is heavy bleeding, then that can be a problem.

Right, I was going to say the same thing about a virus going around and making cats very ill. With strays coming and going, and no vaccines or medical care, your cats can be exposed to any number of potentially deadly diseases.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
J Jessica923

Do you have something you could sell or pawn to rustle up a few bucks to get Roberta some antibiotics at a vet office?

After all the poor gal has been through, she deserves some help.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, so glad Roberta, (momma) cat is still alive, but here is your second chance to save her, she still needs to be seen ASAP by a vet, the other mother cat's right eye does not look good either. PLEASE try and find a shelter or low cost animal hospital like sarther2 mentioned yesterday in this thread. There is some bug or virus spreading through your little colony. For the time being, can you keep the feral cats outside until this "affliction" can be contained and cured?? Just keep the 2 moms and 2 sets of kittens inside with you. This will mean you will have to set up some litter boxes, water bowels, wet food, kitten dry, etc. This is crucial at this point. You had a scare yesterday in losing a loved cat, please let's not let it happen for real.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And please, please keep the windows closed! You should not have sick cats coming in or nursing moms going out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope the other black cat that died didn't have a spreadable disease. Are the kittens separated from the sick cats? Are any of the cats vaccinated?
Yes kittens are separated, and all cats are vaccinated

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They didn't get spayed and neutered when they were vaccinated? They usually do it together.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I find that surprising too.

Are you looking into taking Roberta to the vet?

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been but with no money or car I'm kind of out of options. I hate to say that because she means the world to me and I love her so much but I'm seriously stuck
They didn't get spayed and neutered when they were vaccinated? They usually do it together.
No it's separate and costs more.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No but I think its too late. I just found her in my closet and she's barely breathing and she's not responding to me

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nevermind she was sleeping hard

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you can get them all fixed. This older couple near me started feeding one pregnant cat that someone dropped off. The one cat turned into 40 cats. Most of them ending up being feral and sick. They came and took most of them away and put them to sleep, except for the kittens. I saw pictures of their property, it's a total mess from having 40 cats live and poop and pee everywhere.

Jessica923

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That scared me. But here's a story about my situation, Im a single mother of 2 girls 6 and 13, I lost my job because my oldest was always getting sick and I had to keep leaving work. my oldest daughter's father passed away when she was 3 the man who raised her with me just recently passed away from an overdose, my youngest daughter's dad is a deadbeat who won t help at all, i have no credit cards and can't get any because my boyfriend ran up one of mine and my credit score is very poor due to debts, I have 8 cats 4 are mine 4 I rescued during the winter, 3 of the 8 cats have new litters of kittens, I am in public housing assistance and foodstamps, I had to send my kids to stay with my mom because I cannot give them what they need right now. I've called rescue shelters and the humane society but they tell me they can't take anymore cats. I live in a very small town and Im pretty much alone in all this. I'm trying everything I can but seems like I'm getting nowhere. I've filled out multiple applications for help with the cats for vet care but get turned down or no response. My life seems to just get worse day after day and without my girls with me it feels so empty and lonely here. I just don't know how much more I can take. Sorry to lay it out there like this but needed to let everyone know I've tried everything I can think of and all of everyone's suggestions. I just have no resources at all. Not even a penny to my name.

Last edited: