I Dont Know What I Should Do With This 4 Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
N nyotie

Do you mean how much milk to give them each per day?

If they are each one pound they will need 128mLs each per day, divided by the number of feedings. If you feed every 2 hours, they need 10mLs each per feeding.

That is for every 24 hours, which means during the night too.

Do they try to lap the milk from a dish yet?
no i mean how much i give pyrantel pamoate each day? all i know each fed is 1mL for each kitten..
i still not try to give them soft wet food to them again..

after i give pyrantel pamoate to cry goddess, she has diarrhea, her poop is mixed with poop and water, is that normal after i gave her pyrantel pamoate? because the black one is fine, his poop is lil bit wet but still like paste..

after i gave pyrantel pamoate to the black one, he has more appetite now,, same with cry goddess, but i think in her case is because she has diarrhea and need more fluid than usual?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NO, NOT 1 ml! That will treat a 17-pound cat! Give them .1ml, see the dot first, that means 1/10 of a ml, a very small amount. About 2 drops, if you don't have a way to measure such a small amount more precisely. With pyrantel you only have to give it once, but you can repeat it in 3 days if you think they had a very heavy parasite load. And then repeat it again in 3 weeks.

Oops, I see you already gave it to them :/. Pyrantel is very safe and a small overdose is OK, with that large of a dose I hope that won't have any ill effects. Don't give them any more for at least 2 weeks.

What does the pyrantel say on the package? Does it say 50mg/ml or a different amount?

Have they shown any progress in eating solid food?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
NO, NOT 1 ml! That will treat a 17-pound cat! Give them .1ml, see the dot first, that means 1/10 of a ml, a very small amount. About 2 drops, if you don't have a way to measure such a small amount more precisely. With pyrantel you only have to give it once, but you can repeat it in 3 days if you think they had a very heavy parasite load. And then repeat it again in 3 weeks.

Oops, I see you already gave it to them :/. Pyrantel is very safe and a small overdose is OK, with that large of a dose I hope that won't have any ill effects. Don't give them any more for at least 2 weeks.

What does the pyrantel say on the package? Does it say 50mg/ml or a different amount?

Have they shown any progress in eating solid food?
OMG!!! i gave them 1mL each ;((((
on the contrary, the black one has more appetite because of it but cry goddess have diarrhea instead, is it because it purge/cleaning inside her belly from worm that makes her got diarrhea? but she has more appetite too than usual

5mL has 125mg Pyrantel

no, they just kept spitting the food from their mouth.. and to soft wet food, i still dont want to give them, because cry goddess have diarrhea..

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, good, that is a weaker solution than is commonly used here---25mg/ml instead of 50. So they only got 5 times as much as they should rather than 10 times. I think that shouldn't cause any trouble. In 3 weeks give them another dose, you can give 1/2 ml then because they'll be bigger.

Soft wet food shouldn't make diarrhea worse. I think you should try some soft wet food, they're too little for hard food.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would keep giving them kitten formula for now until they are at least 5 weeks old and ready to eat soft wet food.

Cry Goddess' poop should get better soon. The ampicillin may give diarrhea. How many days has she had the antibiotic so far?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, good, that is a weaker solution than is commonly used here---25mg/ml instead of 50. So they only got 5 times as much as they should rather than 10 times. I think that shouldn't cause any trouble. In 3 weeks give them another dose, you can give 1/2 ml then because they'll be bigger.

Soft wet food shouldn't make diarrhea worse. I think you should try some soft wet food, they're too little for hard food.
thanks goodness..
ill do that tomorrow..

I would keep giving them kitten formula for now until they are at least 5 weeks old and ready to eat soft wet food.

Cry Goddess' poop should get better soon. The ampicillin may give diarrhea. How many days has she had the antibiotic so far?
errr.. what should i do? try to introduce them soft wet food now or wait till 5 weeks?
yeah, after i give her ampicillin, and simulate her to pee, she has not poop like usual (when she got diarrhea, when i simulate her too pee, she pooped too)
so far 4days, 1days left.. should i give her till her genitalia got better or stop? because so far, her genitalia still not completely restored and i think after day 1, there is not change at all in her genitalia getting restored =='

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can probably stop the ampicillin now. Can you get diaper rash ointment at your drugstore? That might help her genitalia.

I think you should wait for 5 weeks to try soft wet food.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should wait for 5 weeks to try soft wet food.
Normally, yes. But the OP is unable to feed the kittens enough, or often enough. I think in this particular case it would be wise to introduce them to solids a bit early so they can have food when the OP isn't at home.

If they have little nubby teeth coming in, yes, I think it would be a good idea to try soft wet food, for those reasons. If they don't have any teeth poking through yet it may be best to wait. . .perhaps leaving a shallow dish of formula while you're gone would help. It needs to be very shallow though.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
W Willowy

Yes, that would be ideal; however, a few days ago in the thread (Posts 84-86), I suggested soft wet food specifically because N nyotie was unable to feed the kittens often enough.

The kittens are only 4 weeks old now and have not been ready to eat wet food yet when it was offered.

Nyotie is on a holiday until July 4th and is able to feed the kittens much more milk at present. They will hopefully be ready to eat wet food soon though!

Last edited:

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to think it was close to impossible to feed a fussy kitten, and you may no longer need the help, but here are a few tips I have for feeding:
Make sure the kitten is laying on its belly, in a natural position. Holding and feeding them like a human baby can be dangerous
Use a syringe without a needle and warm their food in warm water for about 30 seconds
Enter the mouth through the side and put the tip of the syringe in the furthest backs of their mouths and slowly drip the formula so as you don't choke them. The only way this won't work is if they're strong enough to pull away from the syringe! Hopefully they get the idea of how it's gonna go on from now on and will start suckling. I haven't seen newer pictures of your kitties but if you're dosing them by a pound then I'll assume they're a pound, and you should follow Sarthur2's advice about how much food they should be getting at a time
It's okay if they don't eat it all the first couple times because their little bellies need to stretch and get used to so much.
Keep an eye on Cry Goddess's hydration. I don't know if she still has diarrhea, but it can dehydrate and kill a kitten quickly. Pinch and pull the skin of the scruff gently and watch how it falls. If it snaps back to her shoulders she is hydrated, and if it slowly goes back down, or doesn't go back down at all, she's dehydrated and you'll need to give her the most attention you can. Now that they're 4 weeks old, they can be fed 3 to 4 hours apart. You should only wait this long to feed them in between meals if they are eating all of the food they need.
I also think it's necessary to add that if you're still using your 1 spoon cat milk powder to 1 spoon water, you need to add another spoon of water into the mix. 1 part formula, 2 parts water.
How is her private area doing now?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
suddenly cry goddess went limb when i want to give her daily milk..
her tongue color is pale white.. when i force feeding her, she suddenly throw up/puke.. after i cleaning her, i kept force feeding her so she has more energy after puked, she regain a bit redness in her tongue ..
when i got warm water in bottle to kept her warm.. she already puked again..
i dont know what should i do with this
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 W Willowy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is Cry Goddess now?

Try to give her honey water to perk her up if she will not drink her milk.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2
How is Cry Goddess now?

Try to give her honey water to perk her up if she will not drink her milk.
still alive, lil bit limb.. i afraid to force drink her too much milk.. i only give her 1mL/30mins so it will not end up with her throwing up again..
pure water with honey? not mixed with milk?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can put the drops of honey in her milk instead of water. It's good she is not throwing up now.

Poor Cry Goddess. :(

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
Will be thinking of you both. Get well soon tiny Cry Goddess.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
cry goddess throw up twice today.. she keeps having diarrhea and her poop has blood in it.. (im sure it is blood, because she doesnt eat anything but milk) she still limb like yesterday..
i really want bring her to a vet, sadly i dont have much money myself.. so i leave it to god

the black on have more appetite since i gave him worm pills..
i dont know how can there is contrast between the two of them (1 healthy and another not)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh no! She sounds very sick. :(

Put her back on the ampicillin, and give her honey water in addition to the milk. She needs fluids.

I hope she gets better, but it does not sound good right now.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
N nyotie

How is Cry Goddess? I am worried for her.
she died this morning on my hands...
i kept stroking her head till she died..
rest in peace cry goddess.
now only the black one left.. i hope he can survive

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I was afraid of that. So sad. :(

Thank you for caring for her. Rest in peace, Cry Goddess.

I hope the black one survives. He is healthy for now, right?