I Dont Know What I Should Do With This 4 Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
N nyotie

How is Cry Goddess doing with the medicine?

She needs extra food and water. The antibiotic will make her dry.

You can add little drops of olive oil to her milk to soften the poop.
she looks energetic.. but she likes to sit than walking unlike the black one who likes to roam when i put them on outdoor..
i still try to force fed her.. but she keeps reject the milk.. i always gave honey in the milk though..
is there another alternative with olive oil and coconut oil? i cant find one..

(there is event name "Lebaran or Idul Fitri" it is the popular name for Eid al-Fitr in Indonesia and is one of the major national holidays in the country.. almost all people from country side that live/work in the main city go back to their hometown, so not many shop open these days)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What kind of oil do you have?

Do not let them go outside. They need to play inside only for now while they are small.

How much is Cry Goddess eating?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What kind of oil do you have?

Do not let them go outside. They need to play inside only for now while they are small.

How much is Cry Goddess eating?
i have eucalyptus oil..
oh, okay
the total mL maybe around 10-15mL today ( almost same with the black one, i think).. i dont know, i never count how much mL she can eat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
N nyotie

That is not enough food!

Maybe you can see if they will eat wet cat food mixed with the kitten milk like a slush on a plate.

They need much more to eat and grow.

Do not use eucalyptus oil.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
N nyotie

The kittens need several times as much milk as you are giving them. I think they are suffering from too little food.

You must try to get more milk into them. At 4 weeks old a normal kitten would eat 128mLs over the course of 24 hours.

If they will not eat more, you must put dry kitten chow and wet cat food on a plate for them so they can try to eat it.

They need food while you are at work. Even a saucer of milk left for them. I think they are starving.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
N nyotie

That is not enough food!

Maybe you can see if they will eat wet cat food mixed with the kitten milk like a slush on a plate.

They need much more to eat and grow.

Do not use eucalyptus oil.
already tried them yesterday, but they think the wet cat food mixed with the kitten milk is warm bath so what they did is lay down in the food or just playing in the bowl, the cry goddess being the idiot one want to sniffing in the kitten milk instead drink the milk, she just inhale the milk =='

i really want to feed them, but they dont want to get feed, what should i do then?

N nyotie

The kittens need several times as much milk as you are giving them. I think they are suffering from too little food.

You must try to get more milk into them. At 4 weeks old a normal kitten would eat 128mLs over the course of 24 hours.

If they will not eat more, you must put dry kitten chow and wet cat food on a plate for them so they can try to eat it.

They need food while you are at work. Even a saucer of milk left for them. I think they are starving.

yesterday until 3 July is national holiday so i'm free, i tried to feed them every 30 mins with at least 1mL but they keep rejecting the milk! especially the cry goddess, the black one is okay (as i already said, the black one dont have much appetite since he born)

cry goddess have big belly, but no appetite

i dont know what should i do with her

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing the food and milk in a dish is a part of learning. I wouldn't give up.

Continue to offer milk for now. Make sure it is warmed, and give it a drop at a time from a dropper or needleless syringe. They will get the idea. They do look like they are suffering from lack of food.

Are you still stimulating them to pee and poop? Some oil in the bottle would be good. Do you have any sort of vegetable oil?

I also think they may need to be dewormed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
N nyotie

It's good you have time now. Keep trying to feed them with the syringe.

Also, see if they will lick the catfood from your finger.

The thing is, they really are not ready to eat for at least another week. But I thought it was worth a try since they need more food.

Is Cry Goddess showing any improvement on her genitals from the antibiotic?

I also agree they need worm pills. Can you get worm pills?

Thank you for what you are doing for these kittens.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll probably be able to get pyrantel pamoate suspension at the local pharmacy. It's sold to treat pinworms in children, you want the 50 mg per ml kind. Give the kittens .1 ml per pound (.22 ml per kg). It's pretty safe to give a little extra so they could most likely have .1 ml right now even if they don't weigh a pound yet. That is .1 ml (1/10 of a ml) not 1 ml, that would be way too much. I think that would help.

And, yes, they do need to get more food. Keep trying---they always do play or walk in their food for a couple of days before they learn to eat it, but they should learn pretty fast. Do they lick their paws yet? If so, try rubbing a little food on their paws to get them interested. It needs to be a very smooth and soft food, add formula to make it like a thick soup.

For oil, what kind of oil do people use in food there? Don't use eucalyptus oil; it's poison to cats. But some kind of food oil should be fine.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Playing the food and milk in a dish is a part of learning. I wouldn't give up.

Continue to offer milk for now. Make sure it is warmed, and give it a drop at a time from a dropper or needleless syringe. They will get the idea. They do look like they are suffering from lack of food.

Are you still stimulating them to pee and poop? Some oil in the bottle would be good. Do you have any sort of vegetable oil?

I also think they may need to be dewormed.
is it okay if they accidentally inhale the milk?
yes, i still stimulating them to pee and poop.. what do you mean with "Some oil in the bottle would be good"? are vegetable oil to cook human food okay? is it to smear it on their skin that got burn from their pee?

N nyotie

It's good you have time now. Keep trying to feed them with the syringe.

Also, see if they will lick the catfood from your finger.

The thing is, they really are not ready to eat for at least another week. But I thought it was worth a try since they need more food.

Is Cry Goddess showing any improvement on her genitals from the antibiotic?

I also agree they need worm pills. Can you get worm pills?

Thank you for what you are doing for these kittens.
yes, i think her genitals slowly back to the normal form, but i think it takes more than just a week to completely restore to norm..
worm pills for human? is it okay to used "COMBANTRIN"?
cry goddess finally pooped yesterday..

You'll probably be able to get pyrantel pamoate suspension at the local pharmacy. It's sold to treat pinworms in children, you want the 50 mg per ml kind. Give the kittens .1 ml per pound (.22 ml per kg). It's pretty safe to give a little extra so they could most likely have .1 ml right now even if they don't weigh a pound yet. That is .1 ml (1/10 of a ml) not 1 ml, that would be way too much. I think that would help.

And, yes, they do need to get more food. Keep trying---they always do play or walk in their food for a couple of days before they learn to eat it, but they should learn pretty fast. Do they lick their paws yet? If so, try rubbing a little food on their paws to get them interested. It needs to be a very smooth and soft food, add formula to make it like a thick soup.

For oil, what kind of oil do people use in food there? Don't use eucalyptus oil; it's poison to cats. But some kind of food oil should be fine.
i dont think there is worm pills with name "pyrantel pamoate" in my country..

okay, i'll keep trying them to play in their future food.. no, they dont lick their paws yet..

i have cooking oil with name "bimoli" or "sunco" they are from palm oil tree or so if im not wrong

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can put palm oil on Cry Goddess where she is burned. Do not put it in her milk.

Are the kittens eating more now?

Yes, Combantrin will work. Give to both kittens. Check the dosage.

It is good Cry Goddess' genitals are better.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You can put palm oil on Cry Goddess where she is burned. Do not put it in her milk.

Are the kittens eating more now?

Yes, Combantrin will work. Give to both kittens. Check the dosage.

It is good Cry Goddess' genitals are better.
ok, ill do that..
yes, after cry goddess pooped 2days in a row, she has more appetite than before..
ill buy it when drug store open.. all of them are closing because national holiday now :(

yes, but the recovery really slow,, i dont know when cry goddess genitalia have fully restore..

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, it looks like the cat dosage for mebendazole (Combantrin tablets) is 10 mg per kg, twice a day, given 5 days in a row. And the Combantrin tablets have 100 mg per tablet. So you're going to have to give a very small amount of the tablet each day, just about 1/20 of the tablet. If you crush it to powder and then put a very small amount of the powder in their milk, that should be the easiest way to do it.
MEBENDAZOLE DOSE for DOGS, CATS, HORSES, CATTLE, SHEEP, GOATS, SWINE and POULTRY

Combantrin chocolate has pyrantel but since cats shouldn't have chocolate I guess that's out. I'm sure the pharmacy would have pyrantel suspension, it's probably just under some brand name. But the Combantrin should be fine too.

Last edited:

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
recently i got real monitor lizard fat that already became oil after being exposed to the sun for a long time.. they say it can Treating Skin Diseases such as water fleas, ringworm and other skin disease ...
is it okay if i smear it to kitten instead using vegetable oil?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you know if it is toxic if the kitten licks it?

I do not know anything about lizard fat. I do know that some lizards are toxic to cats if eaten, and will make them sick.

Are the kittens taking more milk now?

Did you get the worm pills?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you know if it is toxic if the kitten licks it?

I do not know anything about lizard fat. I do know that some lizards are toxic to cats if eaten, and will make them sick.

Are the kittens taking more milk now?

Did you get the worm pills?
err, i dont know if it toxic to kitten or not ..
the black one, yeah.. cry goddess no, she has more appetite, but still not her usual.
sadly no, there are no drug store open nerby my place

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not use the lizard oil. It's not safe to use anything you are unsure of.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
okay, i already got pyrantel pamoate in liquid base.. ill give them 1mL, my question is how much in each day to fed them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
N nyotie

Do you mean how much milk to give them each per day?

If they are each one pound they will need 128mLs each per day, divided by the number of feedings. If you feed every 2 hours, they need 10mLs each per feeding.

That is for every 24 hours, which means during the night too.

Do they try to lap the milk from a dish yet?