I Dont Know What I Should Do With This 4 Kitten

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1 or 2 weeks ago there is pregnant stray cat come to my house.
i just ignore it but sometimes i give her some of my food (not cat food)
it seems she was sick, sometimes she has trouble breathing and when i occasionally wipe her nose, she has flu or maybe runny nose.

2 or 3 days ago she give birth, i put her to my big bucket and give her my old towel, she give birth to 4 kitten.

yesterday morning is the last time i saw the momma cat. i keep observe the kitten yesterday and today i need to work and doesn't know if the momma cat comes back or not.

i cant help this 4 kitten if their mother decided to abandon them. i live alone and have work so i doesn't have much spare time for them. (in my country people do not really care about a stray cat let alone some stray kitten and it is difficult to find cat milk.)

i dont know what should i do with this 4 kitten, please help me to find some solution for this 4 kitten. i dont want them to die yet im powerless to help

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They need to be fed! Can you get goat's milk? You can feed them with a needleless syringe or dropper. They will die without food.

The mother cat sounds like she has an upper respiratory infection (URI). Can you continue feeding her with cat food so she has the strength to make milk and nurse? She is probably leaving to search for food - poor kitty.

I hope you can help them. Thank you for caring!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, after i post this message i go search cat milk and already got it.
but i dont know how to properly feed them.
i make 1 spoon milk powder and warm water. but when i feed them with syringe they dont want to open their mouth(and even they open their mouth, they dont want to swallow it!!) i still force them to drink some milk but im afraid to hurt them.

i used 3ml syringed to feed 4 of them. i mean 3ml cat milk for 4 of them not each kitten=3ml cat milk. is that enough??

after i feed them i used warm water with cotton to wipe her lower belly, they release yellow water like pee.

what should i do next? if i need to feed them every 2 hours, i cant.
it is 10:18PM here, i can feed them one more time then they must wait until morning before i go to work ill feed them once again.

PS: momma cat already gone, i dont know where she is going. the last i saw her is yesterday morning

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to get 2 mL in each kitten. Try to feed them one time during the night also.

Do you have a friend or relative who can feed them during your work day? They cannot last without food.

Thank you so much for feeding them!

Can the mother cat still get to them if she returns?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also, add some honey to the milk. It will perk up the kittens. They do need feeding every 2 hours.

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ill try feed them each kitten 2mL cat milk
nope, i dont have friends or relative near me.. i cant even ask my neighbors, they do not want to help stray kitten

i dont know momma cat can get to them when she returns because i never saw her again. i already search her around my neighbor but no luck so far T_T

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh dear! Feed them in the middle of the night, then again before you go to work. The work day is a long time for them without food. I hope they can make it.

Also continue to stimulate them for pee. Bright yellow pee means they are dehydrated. They already went a day without eating apparently.

Where are you located?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok, i already do feed them now.. i basically force them to open their mouth and force the tip of syringe inside their mouth and saw their swallow.. is that okay? because if i put the tip on their lips (basically in gentle way), they dont want to open nor swallow the milk...
i dont know anything except using a bit force.. is that okay?
i always tap their bellow the neck/shoulder after feed them to avoid the milk goes in their lungs..

i found lil bit problem (i think) when i wipe their but, 3 of them secrete yellow liquid, but the 1 of 4 is farted and there is sticky liquid that already dry on the tail.. is it got diarrhea??

yeah.. i hope they can survive

im in indonesia.. and im sorry if my english is bad, im not english native speaker :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
N nyotie

Just clean up the kitten that has poop on it.

A little force is okay.

Do the kittens cry? Do they seem to be doing okay? Did you use some honey?

Your English is just fine! :)

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah, they cry a lot when i woke up..

updated, one of them that i think got diarrhea.. his poop already dry like became a rock.. i cant clean it.. but i still can make it poop..

no way, i cant bring them to my workplace.. i can got fired if they know i bring cats

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are they drinking the milk well now? Give them as much as they want to eat.

The kitten with dried poop can have a bath eventually.

Are the kittens staying warm enough?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah, they drink the milk well, i cant get honey for them though..
errr.. can kitten bath with human shampoo? because i cant buy them cat shampoo, i dont have much money >.<
i got back home (at lunch) for feed them but still need go back to work, after i feed them some of them already have dried poop, but some of them dont want to poop, there is dry poop stick at their anus that makes them cant poop (i dont know, it is only my speculation or maybe they just dont want to poop?)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use plain soap, like a dishwashing soap, to bathe them. It's important that they are able to poop. The water will soften the poop so you can get it off. Be sure to dry the kittens well. They do not need to catch cold.

How much milk do they drink?

Thank you for feeding them on your lunch hour!

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ic, ill bath them tomorrow..

i gave them 2mL milk for each kitten. sometimes i need to repetedly feed them because they seems cant swallow 2mL at once..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right! You must feed slowly, drop by drop. They cannot swallow 2mL all at one time. They must swallow and breathe between drops.

As they get bigger they will eat more and swallow faster.

I hope you can clean them up soon. :)

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck and keep up the good work. Your English is very good, no problems here understanding what you write.:)

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have a question, i already feed them 1.30 hours ago and already wipe their butt to pee or poop, but they already crying now, but when i feed them again, they seems dont want to drink milk yet, any solution?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
N nyotie

Perhaps they have gas. You can try to burp them. Hold upright over your shoulder and tap gently on the back with one finger.

Do they seem to be growing?

Did each one pee and poop?

They may want to be comforted and held.

How much are they eating?

nyotie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i always pat them after give them milk..

err... i think not. they still like 2 days ago just they more love to cry than before..

pee yes, poop nope. sometimes 1 of them poop

like always, 2mL for each kitten.. i try to give them more but i think they still not ready.

this morning they seems more fussy, they keep swing their head and dont want to eat than any other time, it cost me almost late to work :((
maybe because they dont get feed for 7hours makes them more fussy than before?