I Could Use Some Moral Support

keline729

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Queenie was at the critical care clinic this past Wednesday at 7A. They called about 1P to let me know she had come through her CT-RHINO and the other procedures her new Dr. performed in great shape. I felt as if a 1000Lbs weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I got her home about 6P. She was very hungry and then slept in her bed the rest of the evening. I am so very thankful I made the decision to make a change which, so far, has obviously been the right one.
She is still healing but breathing so much easier. I'm to get the biopsy results in the coming week, but I choose to believe she will be with me for a long time to come. The best possible Christmas gift I could ask for !

Beyond Confused

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My anxiety is so through the roof my hands are shaking, and I can't seem to stop crying.
I just wanted to check in on you to see how you're coping. I know exactly what you're going through, as I had to put my precious Admiral down 3.5 months ago. That absolutely tore me apart.
Much like your kitty, Admiral had my heart, so having to let him go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. The night before, I exhibited all the same physical things you did. I was a mess.

I wanted to share one thing that helped me, and maybe it will help you, too.

I wrote a letter to Admiral that probably went on for 6 full pages. I made note of all the wonderful things I loved about him, all his quirky little personality traits, etc, and I printed it out. I have it stored in a box in my cedar chest, along with his paw print. One of the things I fear is that time will cloud my memories of him and all the special little moments we shared. This letter preserves that. I also have an ongoing, open journal, if you will, on my computer. When I'm having a rough time, like yesterday, I write him a note.

I've definitely had some very low points through this, but writing this stuff out helped.

I hope you have your friends around you at this time.

keline729

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm going to bow out of this thread now that my little Queenie appears as if she'll be with me for awhile longer now and John needs all the support and understanding he can find. I appreciate everyone's kind wishes and words over these past few weeks of stress and anxiety. It's stressful enough when any of our family members are sick but especially rough this time of year. Please know my heart and prayers are with all who have little one's in need of them.
Sincerely,
Keline

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats Keline! I am very happy for you! I think it's crucial to get a second opinion if it means a life can be saved.

keline729

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Congrats Keline! I am very happy for you! I think it's crucial to get a second opinion if it means a life can be saved.
Thank you Meelasmom for your wise words. While I'm so glad I searched for and found a new clinic with people who genuinely care, I've been struggling with whether or not to write a scathing letter to the vet. and clinic that basically told me to get ready to euthanize my little girl. I'm sure the right answer will come to me soon. Meantime my best to all here.