I Am Thankful For...

shadowkitty10

"Mom" of Many Kitties
Kitten
Purraise
Whiskers is thankful for her alone time--those precious moments where she gets all the attention!
Greyson is thankful for his favorite sleeping spot under our dining room table.
Cher is thankful for what separates her from the "scary" outdoors, aka the screen and glass door.
Sonny is thankful for belly rubs, and he's really our only cat who lets you do that while he purrs!
Pink Nose is thankful for blankets, because even though she stays out a lot, when she's in that's her favorite thing.
Black Nose is thankful for the outdoor window ledge by our garage door, her favorite spot in the world.
Pumpkin is thankful for her numerous hiding spots!
Tigger is thankful for sunshine, which she loves to roll and sleep in.
Miss Stache is thankful for tuna!

And, really, I'm thankful to have all of them.

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if Gracie is thankful . Had her since she was tiny and have always spoilt her rotten and she still bites! Was watching a documentary on kittens and cats and even some of the stray cats let rescuers touch them and one even had its teeth brushed ! Gracie won’t let me cut her claws so we take her to the vets so she can bite them instead ! I on the other hand am thankful as she keeps me company and makes me laugh and has kept me going when I sometimes feel like giving up . :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if Gracie is thankful . Had her since she was tiny and have always spoilt her rotten and she still bites! Was watching a documentary on kittens and cats and even some of the stray cats let rescuers touch them and one even had its teeth brushed ! Gracie won’t let me cut her claws so we take her to the vets so she can bite them instead ! I on the other hand am thankful as she keeps me company and makes me laugh and has kept me going when I sometimes feel like giving up . :)
Cats are excellent at that. At our lowest, they keep us going! :lovecat:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Max is happy that I adore him! That at bedtime when I call him, he races me to the bed and that as "his human" he always has a place in my arms to sleep with his head on my pillow. He loves having his picture taken unlike other Siamese cats, that rudely let me take buttshots only. And he LOVES new visitors, sitting on them getting into purses and being my welcoming committee!

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Late, but I am thankful for my husband, who single handedly got my life to do a 180. You guys don't wanna know the way I was in when he found me, but he accepted me anyway, with open arms. He is the husband I've always dreamed of in every way. I'm grateful for my family, and grateful they got along with my in-laws yesterday. I'm thankful for every step of the journey I've made in my life. I've faced things worse than I imagined possible, but I made it through and learned, through each and every trial. I'm a stronger, funnier, and wiser person now. I'm thankful for my parents; they didn't always get it right but they tried, and now they're here for me as an adult.

I'm grateful for my 9 kitties; I'm glad for my 5 newcomers this year (Kept my first foster litter, plus my Maine Coon baby). I am grateful for my senior's health, and that everyone is happy and healthy. I'm grateful for my career, which I'm making a lot of big moves on next year. I'm building a website and advertising, along with putting feelers out in my contacts in the music industry. I cannot abide idleness, so I must keep moving.

I'm also grateful for this community, who's already been helpful to me and to whom I hope I can offer help in return, and grateful that so many people care about our favorite four legged friends.

Lastly, I'm thankful for my health. I've mentioned a few times here that I'm disabled by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It worsens at an accelerating rate with age. I made it to this year still on my three legs! Haha. My goal is to make it to 30 still on my feet and cane. Just let me have my 20's. I am one year closer. Only one more Thanksgiving to go before my pride will allow me to consider it, pray about it. But today, things aren't as bad as they could be, and I am blessed for that.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Late, but I am thankful for my husband, who single handedly got my life to do a 180. You guys don't wanna know the way I was in when he found me, but he accepted me anyway, with open arms. He is the husband I've always dreamed of in every way. I'm grateful for my family, and grateful they got along with my in-laws yesterday. I'm thankful for every step of the journey I've made in my life. I've faced things worse than I imagined possible, but I made it through and learned, through each and every trial. I'm a stronger, funnier, and wiser person now. I'm thankful for my parents; they didn't always get it right but they tried, and now they're here for me as an adult.

I'm grateful for my 9 kitties; I'm glad for my 5 newcomers this year (Kept my first foster litter, plus my Maine Coon baby). I am grateful for my senior's health, and that everyone is happy and healthy. I'm grateful for my career, which I'm making a lot of big moves on next year. I'm building a website and advertising, along with putting feelers out in my contacts in the music industry. I cannot abide idleness, so I must keep moving.

I'm also grateful for this community, who's already been helpful to me and to whom I hope I can offer help in return, and grateful that so many people care about our favorite four legged friends.

Lastly, I'm thankful for my health. I've mentioned a few times here that I'm disabled by Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It worsens at an accelerating rate with age. I made it to this year still on my three legs! Haha. My goal is to make it to 30 still on my feet and cane. Just let me have my 20's. I am one year closer. Only one more Thanksgiving to go before my pride will allow me to consider it, pray about it. But today, things aren't as bad as they could be, and I am blessed for that.
What a beautiful post, MistyDawn MistyDawn and I certainly hope and pray you are granted your request, and then some. It sounds like you are surrounded by truly loving family which is so important to everyone and so elusive for many of us. May you, and all of them, be blessed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Max is happy that I adore him! That at bedtime when I call him, he races me to the bed and that as "his human" he always has a place in my arms to sleep with his head on my pillow. He loves having his picture taken unlike other Siamese cats, that rudely let me take buttshots only. And he LOVES new visitors, sitting on them getting into purses and being my welcoming committee!
*Has he gotten you any treasures yet out of the visitors' purses?* :insertevillaugh::gingercat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton is thankful to spend his 3rd Thanksgiving with us - the previous 3 were spent in a terrible hoarding situation, followed by an adoption and return. I only hope he doesn't remember those first 5 years. :frown: I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Mi casa es su casa." Only Carleton has changed that expression to, "Mi cama es su cama," or "My bed is your bed." ;)
I am thankful Carleton came into our life and found his forever home. :heartshape:

Carleton another paws up.jpg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carleton is thankful to spend his 3rd Thanksgiving with us - the previous 3 were spent in a terrible hoarding situation, followed by an adoption and return. I only hope he doesn't remember those first 5 years. :frown: I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Mi casa es su casa." Only Carleton has changed that expression to, "Mi cama es su cama," or "My bed is your bed." ;)
I am thankful Carleton came into our life and found his forever home. :heartshape:

View attachment 207287
OMC he is SO sweet-faced. *SNORGLES* on him!:cloud9::redtabby::redheartpump: I won't even start on the subject of his past. I'm sure we agree on that.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 207287
He is such a sweetie pie. I would to give him a big hug.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise

:hearthrob::grouphug::grouphug2::redheartpump:

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful post, MistyDawn MistyDawn and I certainly hope and pray you are granted your request, and then some. It sounds like you are surrounded by truly loving family which is so important to everyone and so elusive for many of us. May you, and all of them, be blessed.
My family has been through a lot. My maternal grandmother (with whom my baby Alaska shares a birthday!) was everything to our family. She was the glue that held us all together. She died suddenly, in a surgery she wouldn't need for a decade but wanted to go ahead and get over with, in 2003. Our family splintered and everything fell apart. Parents divorced. Mom and brother bonded since they were both old enough to drink. I isolated myself and spent all my time online, as an unpopular (putting it lightly) and depressed thirteen year old. It managed to get worse from there -- that's just setting the stage -- but I'll spare you the sordid details. Things before then with my parents and brother were far from perfect, but I always had my grandmother to go to, to feel loved, to feel understood.

It wasn't until I got married that I truly began to rebuild my relationship with my parents. They adore the man I married almost as much as I do, so it was like marrying him made me better by association. Kind of messed up, but I used the chance anyway, and we are finally coming to some level of understanding, even closeness.

But my husband is my support system, and the best human I've ever met; so good that he killed my cynicism and misanthropy and gave me hope for humanity. Dating in my generation is awful, at least in my experience. But he was the second human. The first since my grandmother, I got close enough to know inside and out, and her still was assured that this one was truly devoid of any terrible rage or twisted perversion or addiction to conflict, things all too common in exes and even my family, before we all kind of grew up. That he should be the one for me is funny. His friends have always told him he acts like a cat, for his aloofness to strangers and playfulness towards his closest friends and partner, among his general mannerisms. Of course my partner for life would look like a cat. And he loves them! He is just as much a part of my rescue work as I am. He supports me in it 100%. He's honest, gentle, considerate, slow to anger, brave, funny, and kind. I can't express how grateful I am to him. He helped me put my life back together, something I thought could never be done.

And I don't mean to badmouth my family. They really did their best. I come from Alabama. Down there, the approach to tragedy and illness is to suck it up and keep going. Emotional support isn't big there, and it's considered weak to need it, at least among the bunch I knew. It's just their way of doing things.

Thank you. I also wanted to say, I'm grateful for my rescue and the happy years of life dozens of kittens and cats now have to look forward to because a bunch of people came together to help them find a home. This was our first year, and we are still learning. We can save more next year, and the next, and the next, as long as my body will let me get out of bed.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
My family has been through a lot. My maternal grandmother (with whom my baby Alaska shares a birthday!) was everything to our family. She was the glue that held us all together. She died suddenly, in a surgery she wouldn't need for a decade but wanted to go ahead and get over with, in 2003. Our family splintered and everything fell apart. Parents divorced. Mom and brother bonded since they were both old enough to drink. I isolated myself and spent all my time online, as an unpopular (putting it lightly) and depressed thirteen year old. It managed to get worse from there -- that's just setting the stage -- but I'll spare you the sordid details. Things before then with my parents and brother were far from perfect, but I always had my grandmother to go to, to feel loved, to feel understood.

It wasn't until I got married that I truly began to rebuild my relationship with my parents. They adore the man I married almost as much as I do, so it was like marrying him made me better by association. Kind of messed up, but I used the chance anyway, and we are finally coming to some level of understanding, even closeness.

But my husband is my support system, and the best human I've ever met; so good that he killed my cynicism and misanthropy and gave me hope for humanity. Dating in my generation is awful, at least in my experience. But he was the second human. The first since my grandmother, I got close enough to know inside and out, and her still was assured that this one was truly devoid of any terrible rage or twisted perversion or addiction to conflict, things all too common in exes and even my family, before we all kind of grew up. That he should be the one for me is funny. His friends have always told him he acts like a cat, for his aloofness to strangers and playfulness towards his closest friends and partner, among his general mannerisms. Of course my partner for life would look like a cat. And he loves them! He is just as much a part of my rescue work as I am. He supports me in it 100%. He's honest, gentle, considerate, slow to anger, brave, funny, and kind. I can't express how grateful I am to him. He helped me put my life back together, something I thought could never be done.

And I don't mean to badmouth my family. They really did their best. I come from Alabama. Down there, the approach to tragedy and illness is to suck it up and keep going. Emotional support isn't big there, and it's considered weak to need it, at least among the bunch I knew. It's just their way of doing things.

Thank you. I also wanted to say, I'm grateful for my rescue and the happy years of life dozens of kittens and cats now have to look forward to because a bunch of people came together to help them find a home. This was our first year, and we are still learning. We can save more next year, and the next, and the next, as long as my body will let me get out of bed.
:clap::hangin::rock::hugs::clap2::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: