I Am Thankful For...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For those of us who celebrate, Thanksgiving is almost upon us (or maybe has passed by the time you read this). I was wondering...

If your cat could talk what do you think they would be thankful for?

I think Link would be thankful for soft beds and room to stretch...
IMG_20171122_200141_957.jpg

While Rocket would be more along the lines of the safety and security of home. And of course her brothers..

Nightfury just loves his Mom, food and attention...

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kieka Kieka - I'm not sure what they'd say, really, but every one of them shows their gratitude every day in one fashion or another. White Tip having her Son, Oz with her every day, and Friday having her Daughter, Clawed-Ya as well. Lance and Peanut - almost inseparable now after more than twenty years together, are equally grateful for one another's company. Scottiecat, rescued at only a week or so old when her Mother lost her Life, and Puff, who arrived with both eyes completely closed because of infection, are doubtless grateful for one another's companionship as well. Little Miro, who was genuinely at death's door when she wandered in and flopped on the patio brickwork, is certainly grateful for her good health now, and Bob is doubtless happy not to be fighting the foxes for their food (and happier still at five square meals a day), and even Moo Shu Snowshoe - the Leroy Brown Of Cats - purrs almost nonstop no matter what else she might be breaking doing.

But Kat, you and I both know who the real winners are here, don't we? No one is more Blessed than the person who has Loving companions in her or his Life, and when those companions won't borrow your lawnmower, call you at midnight because they've had a few too many, or insist that you visit their crazy Cousin Edna at Christmas, Life's even better. I wouldn't trade a single one of them except maybe that rotten Snowshoe for all the money in the world.

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure Opi would say he was thankfull for getting rescued from the street. He would be thankfull for being spoiled, warm, cozy and loved from his foster parents. Also of course most importantly fish lol ! The little orange furrball loves fish more then any cat I've known lol. He gets a tiny bit as a treat every now and then. Not a lot though just a little.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mowgli would be most thankful for regular meals of good food, his balcony catio, his window perches right above the radiators, his clicker training treats, not having to share the couch with anybody but me in the evening, and being able to choose the TV channels Saturday evenings, when a lot of animal shows are on.

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, you know you're a nobody until you've been ignored by a cat... so based on that l'd say they're rather more pleased with themselves - when we perform as expected - for having drilled us so well than thankful for our attention...
I respectfully disagree. My Opi loves my husband to death and my husband did nothing to earn it. He would cuddle and love on him all the time. When me and my hubby are sitting right next to each other Opi will most likely go on my husbands lap then mine. It makes me rather jealous sometimes xD. When he goes on my hubbies lap I say "I feed you! You ungrateful adorable orange furrball <. <". I'm only kidding with the little furrball though. He gives both me and my hubby pretty much the same amount of attention . I know he loves us both equally and I know when to give Opi his space and not pester him so does my hubby. Opi is proof that cats don't just love you cause you feed them and take care of them or cause they drill you lol. Opi loves us just because we love him and I truly believe he's grateful to us and not himself. Cats love you and are grateful to you for everything you do. They're not selfish creatures at all. I grew up learning that when I use to go visit all the stray cats in my neighborhood as a kid and give them attention and try my best to take care of them. They would always be sweet and happy to see me. Every cat has a soul and feelings. So please don't think ill of your cat or yourself. I'm sure your cat just is having an off day.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy seems like she is thankful for everything, and I do believe that. But, I know she is so happy and thankful when I come home from work and I get down on her little rug with her and take out her brush, you have never seen a cat so happy. I praise her and she rolls from side to side, so happy. I believe she is also super-thankful for the toy Da Bird.

I also see a lot of thankfulness when I clean her litter box and she will sit so patiently and watch me change the litter. She then goes in and uses it and it amazes me how appreciative she is. She also loves her fresh water!

I would do anything to make her happy and have a secure home because I am SO THANKFUL FOR HER! I can never repay her enough for being there for me always and for her coming into my life.

Sirmuffins

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You're all right, I wasn't dead serious when posting my comment... l even added a smile but that didn't show. I love it when they come under the covers and we can have those pillow purrrrrsssss. Or you should see my husband "all covered" in cats when he stretches out in the evening to watch a film or something...

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're all right, I wasn't dead serious when posting my comment... l even added a smile but that didn't show. I love it when they come under the covers and we can have those pillow purrrrrsssss. Or you should see my husband "all covered" in cats when he stretches out in the evening to watch a film or something...
This makes me chuckle, "all covered in cats" because I know you then can't move left or right lest you disturb them!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks south of the Canadian border. The Canadian Thanksgiving was October 9.

I think my cat Taz would be thankful my little brother convinced some not so great people into giving him the cat. I think my cat Zoe would be thankful my wife and I took a trip to the Humane Society to get another cat for Taz to be with. I think that Kitty and Rusty would be thankful their mother gave birth to them on the property I work at. I know for certain from the love and affection I get from them every single day that all four cats are thankful to have a couple of humans to care for them and spoil the heck out of them. It is all my wife's fault they are spoiled, I had absolutely nothing to do with that:rolleyes3:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks south of the Canadian border. The Canadian Thanksgiving was October 9.

I know for certain from the love and affection I get from them every single day that all four cats are thankful to have a couple of humans to care for them and spoil the heck out of them. It is all my wife's fault they are spoiled, I had absolutely nothing to do with that:rolleyes3:
Oh, sure you didn't. :flail:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't celebrate it at all, but gratefulness is part of my being and I am grateful all the time for so much, including all of the beloved cats who have graced/grace my life, having the wherewithal to always give them a high quality diet and an "enriched" environment, safety, a lovely home, and a better life than most on this earth will ever know.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Snoop would be thankful for his home and his humans. He was caught in a trap, taken to a shelter, then to a pet store. I think he would say he is very thankful that we picked him.
Everyone here would be happy that you got a kitty. Anywhere anyhow we all love our kitties:)

Photos please:hyper:

Last edited:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I don't think they remember this, they would be thankful just to be alive. Both Onsa and Samai (along with sister Sable) were found in a bowl along a fairly busy highway at 10 days old. Snow still on the ground. Someone found them and brought them to the shelter where I had them within the hour. Nursed to health and they are all happy now. (I'm told Sable is spoiled and doing well with her new owners)

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Raini is probably thankful for us feeding her during the short time she was with us; I believe she lives somewhere else during the winter and comes back to our farm in the summer.

Snake is probably thankful for us feeding raw chicken livers and letting her go on top of the fridge.

Suki is thankful for everything.

Robin is probably thankful she broke free from the farm and went off on an adventure.

Willy is thankful he got to steal some bread.

Raven is thankful she learned how to take a selfie.

Hunter is thankful that he is still out there roaming, wild as wild can be and untouched by the hand of humans. We haven't seen him in a while, so maybe he has been caught by a coyote, but I know that he would have never, ever, in a million--no, in a trillion years--laid down to be taken home, tamed, pampered, spoiled, fed or anything else like that. If he is dead, then his spirit is still part of the wilderness, racing with the wind and rivers.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Gypsy is thankful for nice soft, safe places to totally relax. Fresh clean water. Food available at all times, no need to scrounge in dumpsters anymore and loving minions who pamper, dote and cater to her every whim every day.View attachment 206797 View attachment 206798
And most definitely you above all! That may not have come out right. I know you Dusty U know what I mean, you rock! Ur cat would be crazy not to luv U the most.

Last edited: