Hyperthyroidism and heart disease...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Weather has been quite stormy the past couple days. Do cats maybe feel the bad weather in their joints like people with arthritis?

Kabuto has been extra sleepy maybe his joints hurt from the weather idk.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto chased a fly around the house tonight. He also played with his ball and birdy toys.

Turns out there was a very intresting stom last night with rain, then sun, then hail then more rain, and a tornado warning popped up on my phone. Maybe his joints just bother him when the weather changes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Weather has been quite stormy the past couple days. Do cats maybe feel the bad weather in their joints like people with arthritis? Kabuto has been extra sleepy maybe his joints hurt from the weather idk.
The weather has been colder than usual for the midwest with dampness and rain the past few days. Our cat, Carleton, who is a senior was also sleeping more and in his upstairs bed which he normally goes to during the winter months. Cats are so smart since he knows it's warmer on the second floor of the house. In summer he sleeps downstairs where it's cooler. My guess is Kabuto slept more due to the sudden change in weather but as long as he was playing with his ball and toys today I wouldn't be too worried.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've noticed that when it's rainy or when the pressure dips or rises suddenly even without rain, our girl with arthritis gets cranky and tends to slap more than usual. since her arthritis is in her spine, I think she has a fear of being picked up on achy days. In short, her achy days seem to be the same ones we have.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabuto is due for a blood retest tomarrow morning. I will have to meantion his energy levels to the vet. I belive it is a side effect of the thyroid pills but will see.

The diuretic ran out wednsday and Kabuto no longer looks pregnant (he is a boy and neutered) so it must have worked to get rid of some of the fluid. He sounds a bit like he might have fluid in his lungs still though at times. Like when he sniffs things or gets excited. I'll see what the vet says.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Back from the vets and Kabuto has actualy put on 1 lb. 10 lbs up from 9lbs.

She wants to keep him on the diuretic for now. We will see the bloodwork on monday.

Kabuto is giving me the cold shoulder though. How dare I let the vet poke and prod him again! Lol

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
So my router died over the Canada Day weekend after 12 years. Got a new one and its so much faster.

But this is a thread about Kabuto not my technical issues he reminds me with a nip.

Kabuto is doing great. He has been a bit more weezy lately but we also have had air quality warnings due to forest fires and it has been quit humid so maybe thats part of it.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m so glad he is doing well. With the air quality so bad, make sure you keep in contact with your vet. There may be something to help him with that. I am so happy he is doing better!!

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m so glad he is doing well. With the air quality so bad, make sure you keep in contact with your vet. There may be something to help him with that. I am so happy he is doing better!!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I havnt updated this in a while, Kabuto is now off the diuretic and since then he is much more active. He is more himself. I wonder if it was the diuretic making him so sleepy.

To look at him now, you wouldnt be able to guess there was a thing wrong with him. He still has a heart murmer though.

Kabuto has definatly put weight back on. His spine is no longer visable and he doesn't have that overall boney old man look anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.