How to keep urine balls from sticking to pan?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Lining the litterbox with a puppy pad works great. The pad absorbs moisture and clumps don't stick to it. The pad is thick enough so that the cat can't scratch through it like they can through a plastic liner and the litter box itself almost never needs washing. I buy extra large ones, 14 cost $4.50 and I replace the liner weekly.
How often do you change the pads or is it not needed?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I change the pad weekly but can easily go two weeks if need be without changing if I run out of pads. I just transfer the cleaned litter temporarily to a separate pan, switch out the pad with a new one and dump the litter back in. It is so much faster than the old scrape the pan, wash the pan thing I used to have to do and the pad seems to absorb some of Urine odor I used to get from the bottom of the pan. I should also mention that I only scoop the litter box twice a week because my cat isn't fussy at all about her box and only pees once a day.

mammiscat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_3627.JPG
i just used this furniture polish before putting cats litter into the litter box although i still need to clean the box litter after 3-4 days depend how much cats using the box. But its easy for me to scoop the clumping pee and poop Theres a lemon scent too.