How many different breeds do we have here?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I shouldn't have omitted the titles.  He IS stunning.  I have never seen a cat with the combination of long hair and the triangular head and ears.  Is that an unusual combination?
That will be because you've not seen a show-winning Oriental Longhair before.  Most of us haven't!  The type (shape) should be exactly the same as an Oriental Shorthair, except with the long coat, ear furnishings and so on.  He will also be a beautifully behaved cat. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How would you be expected to even know their titles?  And even if you did know, you wouldn't need to refer to him by His Royal Highness in everyday conversation.  OS is just doing the proud parent thing and bragging about her award winners  
The titles were under the picture along with the name.

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well....I just hope and pray that I haven't been insulting my cats or any other cats when I affectionately call them Young Man or Mister! 

It does appear some cats are highly sensitive to the use of proper titles and other cats expect you to read their minds.  It gets very frustrating with these Cat awards and titles....just what do you call them without hurting their feelings?

Last edited:

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well....I just hope and pray that I haven't been insulting my cats or any other cats when I affectionately call them Young Man or Mister! 

It does appear some cats are highly sensitive to the use of proper titles and other cats expect you to read their minds.  It gets very frustrating with these Cat awards and titles....just what do you call them without hurting their feelings?
I just call Kuura 'fat'. He doesn't seem to mind..
 (It's easier than calling him a Champion [with 2 CACIB results, missing one from abroad so he'd become an International Champion, my belated Casper was the same, but he wasn't fat so he had other names which I can't translate as they're very near gibberish]).

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just call Kuura 'fat'. He doesn't seem to mind..
 (It's easier than calling him a Champion [with 2 CACIB results, missing one from abroad so he'd become an International Champion, my belated Casper was the same, but he wasn't fat so he had other names which I can't translate as they're very near gibberish]).
Now I suppose I could understand being called 'fat' a tad insulting, but personally I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it!

Sometimes I call Rufus (his mum is a C and pops is a GC) stinker!  I sure hope I haven't been insulting him this entire time! 

Last edited:

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I suppose I could understand being called 'fat' a tad insulting, but personally I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it!

Sometimes I call Rufus (his mum is a C and pops is a GC) stinker!  I sure hope I haven't been insulting him this entire time! 
But it's true, so no need for him to get offended.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indeed it can be tiring using full titles and pedigree names, especially with multiple award winning cat homes, but what can one do - I'd rather that than them take revenge and find pee on my bed or something.
Visitors of course are forewarned and given a cheat sheet so as not to offend anyone - and if they can't tell the difference between cats of the same colour, well suffice to say they're off the Xmas card list post haste

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, well, if you can do that, I challenge you to tell the ten black and white cats in room G of my local cat shelter apart from each other... Without using the microchip scanner; that's cheating!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, well, if you can do that, I challenge you to tell the ten black and white cats in room G of my local cat shelter apart from each other... Without using the microchip scanner; that's cheating!
Only if they have long show titles