How many different breeds do we have here?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wondering how many different breeds we have here, and by breed I do mean a cat purchased from a breeder.

My cats are all Ocicats, a few show neuters that got me started in the breed and the rest breeding cats.

Their colours are tawnys, chocolates, chocolate silvers, black silver and blue. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Registered only?

My mom has a Ragdoll who was purchased from a breeder by her previous , previous owner (poor thing has gotten around!). Whether she's registered (or registerable) or not I don't know.

Last edited:

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Registered only?
My mom has a Ragdoll who was purchased from a breeder by her previous , previous owner (poor thing has gotten around!). Whether she's registered (or registerable) or not I don't know,
Doubtful she's registered.  But you already know that.

Probably from a BYB,  or worse, maybe even an animal hoarder.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww lovely, thank you for sharing a photo as well. The black and white has a typical frog pose often seen in Brits, I guess Manx do it too 

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Registered only?

My mom has a Ragdoll who was purchased from a breeder by her previous , previous owner (poor thing has gotten around!). Whether she's registered (or registerable) or not I don't know.
No she is not registered.  But you already know that. :sleep2:
It's possible the cat was registered by the breeder or by the first owner and the papers simply did not get passed on with the cat. Willowy, do you know who the breeder was? If she or he is still around you might be able to track down the registration.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Merlin is my ruddy abyssinian. He's not quite up to show standards, although his breeder has given me permission to show him. Mostly it's just for fun, but he has made 2 finals in the 3 years I've been showing him. :clap:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, thought that was implied. Also about member cats, not their extended family. 
So sorry, I consider my mom's cats to be mine as well. For all I know she was purchased from the best breeder in the world, and is as registered as any cat can be, so I can't say she's not :dk:.

Is it Rag Doll? I've never seen it that way. Anyway, she looks like the one in the middle picture :).
http://www.cfainc.org/client/breedRagdoll.aspx

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible the cat was registered by the breeder or by the first owner and the papers simply did not get passed on with the cat. Willowy, do you know who the breeder was? If she or he is still around you might be able to track down the registration.
It's an odd situation, and her first owners lived several states away when they bought her and are no longer in contact. They brought her here and left her with their mother when they were between houses and never came back to get her. All the mother knows is that they paid "a lot" for her from a Ragdoll breeder. I doubt we could find the breeder with what little info we have.

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww lovely, thank you for sharing a photo as well. The black and white has a typical frog pose often seen in Brits, I guess Manx do it too 
No, I've never seen it in my others. He loves his frog pose
 I will post better pics soon, these were just handy

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Merlin is my ruddy abyssinian. He's not quite up to show standards, although his breeder has given me permission to show him. Mostly it's just for fun, but he has made 2 finals in the 3 years I've been showing him.
If he made it up to finals he is clearly better than pet quality, although perhaps no show winner.  They dont go up just because they are alone in their breed.  They perhaps get their Excellents if they are decent, and Ex1 if they are alone. But they dont get the Certificate (=are stopped) if they arent good for certificate.  "Drawn Certificate", I think they call it.  And of course, they arent send to finale either.

The judge is NOT forced to give them top grades just because there is no competition.

At least, that is so in Fife, the big European association.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Two russian blue here, father and son, studs. .Now ex studs of course, living a nice life as senior citizens.

Father a stunning one, although too shy to be a show winner. And he dont likes to be carried around.

But he took his champion title alhough these "handicaps"..

The son was stud mostly on his merites as the son to the father.  

Although his children and grandchildren become very nice RB examples every one as far as I know.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A nice mix of breeds so far

Abyssinian
Egyptian Mau
Manx
Ocicat
Oriental
Russian Blue
Siamese

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my they are stunning, simply beautiful!   I want to hold them

Yes, please bring on the pictures, I doubt MM would mind at all......

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... Bugsy was not purchased.... He is a rescue.... He came from a Ragdoll rescue, my 3 came from there. I do know the catery and the breeder he came from, who has retired and released some of the cats to the rescue; Bugsy was one of them. He is registered with CFA. He is a purebred Ragdoll.... I had communications with the breeder.... I am considering having further communications in re. to his background i.e. the scanning of his ancestors to HCM and himself, because of his breed..... it kind of freaks me out.
His breed doesn't quite matter for me - he doesn't fit the standards by any means, as he is a white Ragdoll, and white Ragdolls are not accepted in the US. His personality is pure Ragdoll though - I mean... couldn't be anymore Ragdoll. He is lazy, he flops to the mailman, and he is HUGE.
He is the love of my life.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww lovely, thank you for sharing a photo as well. The black and white has a typical frog pose often seen in Brits, I guess Manx do it too :lol3:
That's how Bugsy lays down..... funny to see a huge cat all stretched out like that - he looks like a fluffy white mat :lol3: