How Looooooong Is Your Kitty?

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Let's see stretched out photos!
Here's Tiger fast asleep.... he is the longest 5 month old anything that I've seen!

He's even long when he is sitting upright!
that pic with the upsidedown head. Drommie looks exactly like that when she's blissed out. if your baby isn't maine coon I don't know what is. seriously. he's 'maine coon. I have zero doubt. lol.
using a usb cable to outline kitty and then use it against a ruler. this is what I have so far. no legs were measured in this. leg measurement as a separate point of data is probably good too. lol. gotta wait til everyone is way more calm than they are now though. it's play time. (Drommie is being uncooperative. ) I'm going to double check these too because no one likes the cut of my jib here. lol. and there was a lot of dodging as I was trying to do this.

tibby 32 (pure bred siberian)
dante 36 (stray.. but he's part of some breed. basepaws says short haired and orange probably related to Abyssinian *HAH*, we think he's part Norwegian)
moto 29 (lynx point stray)
Drommie 36 (purebred Maine coon)

For those following the dante (black and white kitty) story, he's just about two now we think, when I tried this last, last feb or march.. he was about the same as tibby. (who I thought was our littlest cat... he's just skinny I guess) now he's four inches longer than tibbs.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
whoops I waited to long to edit but i also didn't go tip of nose to tip of tail. I went more from forehead to tip of tail. too hard to try and include their nose. would have pissed em off lol

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
those giant eyes. and that itle face! is she a particular breed or just a lucky combination of genes? the coloring on her is also gorgeous.
No, the little dude is a random mix. He does have huge eyes! It is hilarious when he goes into play-mode and his pupils dilate.

To keep the post on topic, here is a picture of another loooong kitty:

IMG_8825.JPG

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive tried measuring arnold, but everytime I approach him with a tape measure, he looks at me suspicously and walks away.

So here is the best I can do....pics of the boys peering inside a 28 inch high bird bath.

Arnold is on the right and Greg on the left.

20180912_100420.jpg

20180912_100417.jpg

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive tried measuring arnold, but everytime I approach him with a tape measure, he looks at me suspicously and walks away.

So here is the best I can do....pics of the boys peering inside a 28 inch high bird bath.

Arnold is on the right and Greg on the left.

View attachment 255463

View attachment 255464
They're on a bit of a slant so if you imagine them bolt upright I reckon their noses would be roughly 4/5 inches above the 28 or whatever you think is a good estimate. So if you can measure the tails and add that you'd get a rough idea. If they're proper tape measure phobic, just measure with your hands and get someone to measure the gap between your hands whilst you keep them steady for a moment. Then have a cup of tea after that performance.