How Looooooong Is Your Kitty?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're on a bit of a slant so if you imagine them bolt upright I reckon their noses would be roughly 4/5 inches above the 28 or whatever you think is a good estimate. So if you can measure the tails and add that you'd get a rough idea. If they're proper tape measure phobic, just measure with your hands and get someone to measure the gap between your hands whilst you keep them steady for a moment. Then have a cup of tea after that performance.
Erm, I think I got that wrong. I was including the hind legs which would be irrelevant if measuring nose to tail.
Ok plan B. Balance them on the tips of their tails and spin them very fast. They would remain upright for a while like a spinning top and then measure them.
I'll see myself out.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Erm, I think I got that wrong. I was including the hind legs which would be irrelevant if measuring nose to tail.
Ok plan B. Balance them on the tips of their tails and spin them very fast. They would remain upright for a while like a spinning top and then measure them.
I'll see myself out.

They are fairly long, but where they really excel is in the circumference. :lol:

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dont know for certain. The former owner said they were russian blues mixed with some other breed. Experts here said likely norwegian forest cats. 20 and 22 lbs at almost 5 years old.
yeah I could see that. they're spectacular. are they a little overweight or just barrel chested muscle bags? Dante has that barrel chested thing going on but not fat. (although he kinda has that look LOL)

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I could see that. they're spectacular. are they a little overweight or just barrel chested muscle bags? Dante has that barrel chested thing going on but not fat. (although he kinda has that look LOL)
Arnold is probably about 2 lbs over weight, but at 22 lbs I guess its not alot. At 20 lbs greg isnt overweight.

They are absolute "muscle bags". They also have double fur coats. Its literally a fur coat draped on top of their existing fur coat. It makes them look round and portly.

These are not the type of cats we have ever had. They arent slender and athletic. They are solid balls of muscle. Their back legs are like turkey thighs, they have barrel chests, especially greg. Their necks seem to just blend into their bodies, with little tapering. Arnold has an extraordinarily wide face, its triangular and has very wide check bones, like a pit bull. They also have monster teeth and claws, much bigger than any cat we have every had.

Picture a cinder block on legs...with a double fur coat....:lol:

And incredibly strong...... in this pic arnold has just pulled over the patio umbrella stand I had secured his lead to!!!!!!!

And I love them soo much.

20160904_080414.jpg

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll have to get out the measuring tape again for Luciano. I've never measured him nose to tip of tail, only front paw to rear paw when stretched out, which is 39 1/2". The second photo is when I measured him, so it was his left front paw to his right rear paw. He's about 15 pounds.
IMG_1801.JPG
sleeping long.JPG

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Arnold is probably about 2 lbs over weight, but at 22 lbs I guess its not alot. At 20 lbs greg isnt overweight.

They are absolute "muscle bags". They also have double fur coats. Its literally a fur coat draped on top of their existing fur coat. It makes them look round and portly.

These are not the type of cats we have ever had. They arent slender and athletic. They are solid balls of muscle. Their back legs are like turkey thighs, they have barrel chests, especially greg. Their necks seem to just blend into their bodies, with little tapering. Arnold has an extraordinarily wide face, its triangular and has very wide check bones, like a pit bull. They also have monster teeth and claws, much bigger than any cat we have every had.

Picture a cinder block on legs...with a double fur coat....:lol:

And incredibly strong...... in this pic arnold has just pulled over the patio umbrella stand I had secured his lead to!!!!!!!

And I love them soo much.

View attachment 255582
that sounds like Dante. he's still growing but man. he is what I call muscle bound. when the vet touched the back of his neck she was like oh hoho. because so wide. I've never felt a cat with this kind of wideness before that wasnt' fat.