How is Your Cat a Weirdo?

pisces7386

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
MServant- I guess we haven't been taking too many pictures lately.. life has been a bit busy. Bear's fur is still ... different from normal fur, the crimps still show up right after he has gotten very wet, but other wise they are like curly hair that has been brushed, very fluffy and voluminous :) He almost always looks ruffled.  I did take a picture of bear sleeping with my Hubs on the couch last night :)   It is classic Baby Bear; he was whimpering in the kitchen so I went and got him and set him in front of my husband. He rolled twice and feel asleep in this position. 

I'll have to catch back up with pictures and finally create their cat page. I've been meaning to do it since before the holidays.

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Drogo LOVES to watch me clean the litterbox. Not sure if he finds it fascinating, or whether he's concerned that the same guy who cleans his excrement also serves his meals.
 He's gotten so good at burying his biz that I now refer to cleaning the litter as "panning for poop."

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

Drogo LOVES to watch me clean the litterbox. Not sure if he finds it fascinating, or whether he's concerned that the same guy who cleans his excrement also serves his meals.
 He's gotten so good at burying his biz that I now refer to cleaning the litter as "panning for poop."
He probably wonders why on earth you want it!! 

Mine are the same.  They find it fascinating.  They look at the box, they look at me, they look back at the box.  I wish I could read their minds.

bipsoucolline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our Gaia ambushes us. She used to hide behind doors or corners and pounced on us as soon as we walked past her. Yesterday, she started to meow the same as when she's looking for us ... but I could see her, hiding behind a bag, waiting for her prey.

Also, that young kitten knows how to get what she wants. When she wants to play, you can try to pet her all you want, she'll run away or decide your hand is her new toy. But when she wants to cuddle, now that's another story ! Usually she's sleeping/resting in a corner and she will suddenly look at us - usually, me - and start purring very loudly. Then she gets up, comes to me and climbs up my chest and rubs her head against mine purring. Then she'll find a way to lay down on my shoulders/chest/any part of me available and continue purring while being pet. Everytime it's the same ritual.

malt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At night, Mama will wander around the house calling with this strange and loud noise. When I first had her and she was unfixed, I thought she was calling for toms... but she still does it now, long after she's been fixed. It's this "brrrrrrrr-row! Brrrrrrrr-ROW!" noise. I think she does it when she's looking for me. In the middle of the night. When I'm in bed, asleep. Just like every other night. Sometimes if it wakes me up enough I'll call out to her "Come on, Mama-baby!" and as soon as she hears my voice she stops calling and sprints to my bed, which is why I think it's me she's looking for. 

Another kind of funny thing she does is when she plays with toys, she'll stand over them and tap them/stomp on them repeatedly with her back feet. All the while the front end looks completely uninterested and maybe a tiny bit annoyed, as if she can't figure out why the ground isn't flat but doesn't really care. Then suddenly she does a sort of forward roll and wraps herself around the toy and starts playfighting with it! 

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my cat waits for me to start emptying the litterbox, and halfway into it, she decides it is time to poop. So I have to sit and wait, and watch (!) when she does her businesss..... and after I´ve emptied it again, she sprints to the other litterbox, and wants me to chase her. She likes to play with the brush I keep next to her box, she bites it and wants me to tease her with it.

One really odd thing she does is that she likes to play with me while I´m on the loo, I hold a small piece of paper where the door opens, and She jumps to get it, she plays with it and kills it. And then she wants to do it again, and again.... I´ve started collecting the pieces, and reuse them....

And she LOVES the lid to tupperware containers! I guess it is soft and squishy to chew. She carries them proudly through the house until some stupid human removes them.....