How do you store your cat's food?

minish

minish first..
Adult Cat
Purraise
I keep Minish's short term food (glass jars from kibble pack and a few wet cans) handy in the in the kitchen cabinet where she tries to enter all too often. The rest is in a huge plastic box in the darkest and coolest room with lid she can't penetrate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if something like this would work to stack cans. I found some other options but the height was a little too tall for where I need to put it.
20210320_234029.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I got most of my new food yesterday, it was time to figure out how I was going to store it. I ended up using the bottom shelf of our pantry and keeping the cans in their cardboard containers.

I set it up by day so I can keep track. Also some random brands that didn't get finished up yet.
20210328_123652.jpg

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Neither of my cats try to break open food so I leave the cans and treats in a shelf built into my litter enclosure. The space is just enough to house 3 stack 5.5oz cans or 1 tall can! I've stored 60 5.5oz cans on there but can probably store more.

For the kibble I bought a big, fat opening glass jar from ikea that has an air tight lid. I read plastic storage bins or the bags it comes with can be bad storage options and cause the fat to go rancid so glass is a safer option. I keep that jar inside a bin that holds other cat food supplements so it's hidden from sunlight.

Bri5

Wrangling cats, chickens, and children.
Young Cat
Purraise
I see this is older but it may help someone else to know that 16# of dry fits well in a 5 gallon bucket with a scoop inside. The lid has a gasket for the seal. We keep wet food cans in a plastic milk crate.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bottom shelf of the pantry seems to be working well. I have each day's food stacked on top of each other in a row. Just have to remember what day it is so I pick the right one.