How Do I Help This Mother?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, that's wonderful!!

Maybe they'll have kitten food next time :crossfingers:

So, there wasn't a firm conclusion amongst staff members regarding the spray, and I apologise for being so slow to get back to you, but it appears you're correct that it's for the house and not for a cat.
Oh, no problem. I barely see any fleas, though maybe they're still too young, as fleas are only parasitic when they reach adulthood.

I haven't seen the mum at all today, but one of the babies is outside the pile. I'm assuming she (didn't check) crawled away somehow. Is it okay if I pick her up and put her back? I don't wanna leave her away from the pile warmth.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't been signed on til just now, I'm sorry, --did you have a chance to put the baby back? You're absolutely correct about the warmth of the siblings being important :thumbsup:

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
She put the baby back herself.

But I haven't seen her or her babies for almost a week now. There's no trace of them. I'm actually a bit worried.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'm a jerk and forgot this site existed again. A few weeks ago, I found one of her babies right outside. The baby was shivering but my hands were too cold so I tried to warm up a paper towel. By the time I came back (I still have no idea what my plan was, so I just put the baby on the towel) she was there. The baby actually smelled my hand and licked it.

The week after that I found another baby also right outside (the building, not just the apartment). This one wasn't as cold although it was night but wouldn't let me touch her and kept squiggling away. I put the food by her hoping to warm her a bit. No updates on that one. She moved them somewhere nearby, no idea where though.

I've been seeing the mother a lot more recently. I met her again just now. I hope she didn't give me fleas like every other time. Each time she gives me a single flea that I manage to throw outside, maybe two if I'm unlucky, but I don't have a carpet in my room anymore which is good.