How Do I Help This Mother?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Updates:

- So one of the babies has been crying for a few hours now. Went to check on him, couldn't find him at first, then it turns out he got his neck tangled in a wire and plastic bag. At first, I thought his paws were stuck so when I tried to pull the plastic bag away I almost killed him. Managed to cut away the plastic bag (which was the main issue) and he's doing pretty well. I've never been more stressed out like that.

- Two babies are white with grey tabby spots and one used to be orange but is now more of a beige colour. Seems to be the bravest and most curious of the three.

- The cat shelter I contacted has been ignoring my messages, then they made a public post saying that they can't take any more cats in due to financial issues. I asked if I could volunteer but they left me on seen again. I told them to make a Patreon so I could share it here and they left me on seen. The other one I have no idea if they've even seen my messages because I sent them through mail.

- The babies are still scared of me and wouldn't let me touch them unless they're not looking, how do I make them get used to me? I've tried food but, unlike the mother, they wouldn't eat off my hand.

- I actually saw a Scottish Fold in person and I'm happy.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try soft music, sitting on the floor, reading to them while you're sitting there sometimes, and mostly time will help them to become more used to you.

I'm so glad you were able to get the plastic off, good for you!!

I actually saw a Scottish Fold in person and I'm happy.
:redheartpump::redheartpump:

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I was planning on taking him to a vet but he's back to his old self now and I can't see any marks or signs of injury. Still a bit shaken tbh.

I'm so glad you were able to get the plastic off, good for you!!
I was close to damn tears, and that doesn't happen to me very often. I would've honestly been traumatized if I couldn't save him.

But yeah, I'll check out those threads later. They get close to me sometimes and sniff me a little bit.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, he's not doing nearly as well as I thought. He's almost unresponsive and moves a bit slowly. He doesn't run at food like his siblings or like he used to. Is it shock? I wanna take him to a vet.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
My great uncle's coming to check him out; he's got lots of cats and dogs so he's pretty experienced. Might go to the vet today if needed. He's most likely in shock, hope he'll do fine.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought I updated you guys, but he didn't go to the vet. He's recovered now and is eating again. He recovered a few days ago.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Uhm unrelated but I tried feeding a cat in the street and she scratched me (then started begging for food) and my finger hurts a lot now. It wasn't a big scratch, more like a prick except her claw broke a bit deeper than just the skin. It isn't serious, just that bending my finger hurts a bit now. Bad? Normal?

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eh, it's okay. She became friendly when she realised I was trying to give her food. And my finger's fine, no infections or swellings. I didn't put antibiotics because I'm an idiot and also none was available at the time, but mostly because I tend to dismiss wounds a lot of the time. Might be how I go out one day.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now I'm super pissed because the doorman lets her out so the males wouldn't camp the building and now she's gotten pregnant again.

On the other hand, I'm trying to find them homes. How old do they have to be for separation?

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
I see.

The two females are a lot more afraid of people than their (honestly more beautiful) brother. They still wouldn't eat from my hand though :(