How Do I Help This Mother?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens died. I have no idea what happened.
IMG_20190331_171333.jpg
The red stuff is food they refused and spilled last week. Could it be the mom? Or one of the males?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!!
Could bacteria have been in the food? How are the others that have been eating at this location?
Maybe sweep up spilled food in the future. I can't tell, were there claw or bite marks on the body?

Could it have been another animal?

The thing is, there's no way to know what might have happened elsewhere that this kitty might have ingested.

RIP sweetheart :rbheart:

Last edited:

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry!!
Could bacteria have been in the food? How are the others that have been eating at this location?
Maybe sweep up spilled food in the future. I can't tell, were there claw or bite marks on the body?

Could it have been another animal?

The thing is, there's no way to know what might have happened elsewhere that this kitty might have ingested.

RIP sweetheart :rbheart:
It isn't the food. The arm's been somewhat torn as you might be able to (unclearly due to my not-so-high quality phone camera) see. The box is empty; they sometimes stay in it. The others are just fine, though. There are no animals other than cats in the area.

EDIT: Should've turned the body over, maybe there were marks on the back or something.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, it wasn't them. Turns out she died on another floor. A piece of ceramic or something like that fell on her then her mum brought her down. Nobody told me for some reason and it's making me a bit... I don't wanna say pissed because I don't like swearing on TheCatSite, but that.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'm taking the kittens to someone I know today. I feel confused, like I'm doing something wrong, but I also know it's for their own good. I can barely feed them without them vomiting and I can't give them the proper care they need and they'll leave anyway soon.

They turn 4 months old tomorrow.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
On the bright side, the kids finally got used to me and actually let me pet them and stuff. They even follow me around sometimes.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're wonderful for taking care if them as you did and as you are!! It's hard, because they get wrapped around our hearts :heartshape:

Goodness, has it really been that much time that has passed already? Four months, that's amazing!

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's late now so I'll drop them off tomorrow or on Sunday. He's a pet shop owner but he's the most trustworthy person I know when it comes to animals; he doesn't dabble much in cats, but he has a mother cat right now. He picked her up from the street and she was pregnant. Gave birth then she moved her own babies into his store.

I can't take care of these kittens. They'll meow for their mum but they're really scrawny. They vomit a lot and they need a better home, she's also most likely pregnant. I'm never sure; last time I said she was pregnant her belly got a bit smaller after, now it's big again.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
I forgot to mention it but the deed is done. Last Monday. I'll check on them once I'm in that part of town which should be soon enough.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Five babies. This time in the street; she's not allowed in because she's riddled with fleas and ticks now. I tried to smuggle her in once or twice but she didn't give birth either time.

Don't think they'll survive; we have like five or so males here, although they're super scared of people so I guess that's good. I'll feed her as much as possible.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I just saw the babies for the first time and they're the cutest thing I've seen in quite some time.

Good news: she gave birth in a better spot than I understood.
Good for you!
Would anything here be of help?

Homemade Flea Remedies For Cats
Is the spray used on the cat or the house? Thanks!

Also here's the cat tax.
IMG_20190525_165926.jpg

IMG_20190525_165933.jpg

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Turns out I've ascended. She let me touch one of her babies who was a bit far from the pile for some reason but has now rejoined them.

I just managed to get her a couple of cat food packets today. Not kitten food, as I can't find it for some reason; could've just been at the store at an unlucky time.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my goodness, that's wonderful!!

Maybe they'll have kitten food next time :crossfingers:

So, there wasn't a firm conclusion amongst staff members regarding the spray, and I apologise for being so slow to get back to you, but it appears you're correct that it's for the house and not for a cat.