how did your cat get his/her name?? and post a picture!!

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One cat came with a name, and it is so perfect, I did not change it:
Autumn.jpg
Her name is Autumn. She was part of a suspected dump job and was caught in September. What else would you name a calico that you get in September? The fan theory is that she is the mother of the other two who she was caught with (she had all her adult teeth, they were transitioning baby/adult teeth).
These are Domino and TV (Domino has more white; TV is a tuxie girl). These just felt like very good names for black and white cats.
Domino and TV.JPG

Then came:
Cosette 003.JPG
Cosette--who self-rescued herself one cold February night. She was emaciated and sick, but I knew she would be a lovely lady cat, so she was named after the Les Miz character.

Then, my former feral boys, Leo (because he's orange)
Leo.jpg
and cousin Jemmy-any-dots (making a more masculine version of the Cats character whose coat is of the tabby kind with tiger stripes and leopard spots)
Jemmy.jpg

Then there is the newcomer, Pandora .. because she is all adorable and full of curiosity
Pandora1.jpg

And I will also include my darling, late Circe--whose name was already hers when I adopted her. She was 6.5 at adoption and lived with me nearly 9 years
Good Life Christmas Edition Circe.JPG

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_2492.jpeg

So Bellatrix was originally just Bella then Twilight came out and I immediately changed it to Bellatrix cause that's a cooler name. The LeGray part came a couple years later

IMG_2493.jpeg

Queen Elizabeth is named after Cate Blanchette's portrayal of Queen Elizabeth the first. I love the movie.

IMG_2495.jpeg

This is a no brainer. He looked like a Tony so Tony Stark it is!!

IMG_2496.jpeg

Now Kilala is actually spelled how you would say the name Kirara (Japanese). She is named after this awesome demon twin tail cat that can grow from a kitten to a sabertooth cat that can fly. One of the coolest kitties in tv history (for me anyway).

IMG_2322.jpeg

Freya got her name from said Norse Goddess. It was either that or Athena. She is going to grow up to be a gorgeous kitty.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll just do my current cats

Magnus Bean is named for Magnus Bane, from Cassandra Clare's many series that include him, but particularly because of the Bane Chronicals. Not super attached to the serieses anymore, refused to watch the movie or show but that was our favourite character. (Mine and my wife's) Name fits well...he's high maintenance and a lot of trouble. IMG_20230413_072806370.jpg

Calcifer is named after Calcifer from Howls Moving Castle. He seems like some sort of being trapped as a cat so also fits. Also VERY loud when he wants something, like his namesake. For those that get the references, I maintain that we did not name our cats "backwards" because of their colours.
IMG_20230619_164924913.jpg

Lastly we have Ghost. If we got him, I really wanted his name to be Ghost, and we did get him. (The shelter had him named Fluff) We kind of have a Halloween theme for cats going on so that's mostly why. But I did realize afterwards that I had named him after Jon Snow's wolf, Ghost a bit subconsciously I note from all the GoT merch around the home. He is cute and gentle like a cutesy Halloween Ghost. IMG_20230827_014904264.jpg

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dad actually gave Scooter his name. I had always said if I ever gotten an orange cat I would name it Garfield. Cause he was my favorite cartoon cat. When Scooter was given to me as a bday gift I started calling him Garfield at first. My dad didn’t like the name said it wasn’t him. At the time I had a grey cat named Skeeter. With the muppets there is Skeeter & Scooter. My dad kept calling him Scooter to where he would only come to that name so he is Scooter.
IMG_2158.jpeg

Now with Casper I first discovered him when one of the female strays had left him in a small recycle bin by my porch. It’s like she knew I was still heartbroken over Skeeter’s passing in November 2021 so she offered me her baby. Of course he stayed with his mommy til he was ready to leave her. I had them a cat house set up outside. Anyway I initially thought he was a female so he was going to be Marie or Dutchess from The Aristocats. But when I found out he was indeed a boy only character I could think of that is white was Casper the Friendly Ghost. So he became Casper although sometimes he has a grumpy look on his face. 😂
IMG_2361.jpeg