how did your cat get his/her name?? and post a picture!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lisakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't remember how I settled on Phoebe for her name, obviously I liked the sound but I don't remember more details. My cats' names don't have more significance than that, I never name them after humans.

View attachment 455509

Daisy was her shelter name, the only one I've kept - I'd fancied calling a cat Daisy but at the time wasn't adopting another.

View attachment 455508
awwww they are beautiful :happycat: :happycat:

Lisakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted this beautiful girl from the local animal shelter they told me what her name was but she never responded to it or even acted like she knew the name. (She was also reportedly abused badly 😒)anyway when we brought her she settled in so quick and loved to lay with us for cuddles and love. After a few days of her talking to us all day every day it was official Gabby because she is a very vocal girl. ❀ 😺
awww she is sweet :happycat: and bless you for rescuing her πŸ™:redheartpump:

Lisakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my _girl_ Henry because they told me she was a boy. By the time I figured out she was a girl it was her name, so I guess it’s short for Henrietta! I just prefer people names for my kitties. No particular reason I chose Henry, just liked it. She is 18 years old now. Her brother Jack crossed the bridge 7 years ago.
too cute :happycat: short for Henrietta works!! sorry for the loss of Jack :sniffle::bluepaw:

Lisakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
From tv! NOT from the movie duo Thelma & Louise like everyone thinks.
I loved the manner of an actress who played a nurse several years ago on the uk drama Casualty. Her name was Louise!
ohhh she is pretty :happycat: okay tv Louise πŸ‘ hmmm ive never seen that show.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww she is sweet :happycat: and bless you for rescuing her πŸ™:redheartpump:
Thank you.. but honestly I didn't rescue her... we had been to the shelter 2 times before and the 3rd time we were in the cat room still trying to find a kitty that spoke to us... Anyway this girl came out of her hidey hole which was up on the wall on a cat highway up close to the ceiling..
She came down and circled my legs I sat down and she got in my lap and just laid there purring. Anyway we went out to the receptionist said we found one that we wanted and when she came in with us she was shocked to see we had picked her. She had been there for a long time hiding from everyone. We got her background and she was abused bad apparently.. but we didn't care she picked us so we wanted to take her home. She adopted us.
It wasn't until we were home that we saw the signs that she was abused kicked (had to be with shoes on because if we don't have shoes on she is fine) and hit..
To this day she is still a little skittish but not as bad.
I am so grateful she picked us. She really came into her own here. I think because of what she has been through I spoil her a little more than normal lol but I don't care she deserves it all hahaha

Lisakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you.. but honestly I didn't rescue her... we had been to the shelter 2 times before and the 3rd time we were in the cat room still trying to find a kitty that spoke to us... Anyway this girl came out of her hidey hole which was up on the wall on a cat highway up close to the ceiling..
She came down and circled my legs I sat down and she got in my lap and just laid there purring. Anyway we went out to the receptionist said we found one that we wanted and when she came in with us she was shocked to see we had picked her. She had been there for a long time hiding from everyone. We got her background and she was abused bad apparently.. but we didn't care she picked us so we wanted to take her home. She adopted us.
It wasn't until we were home that we saw the signs that she was abused kicked (had to be with shoes on because if we don't have shoes on she is fine) and hit..
To this day she is still a little skittish but not as bad.
I am so grateful she picked us. She really came into her own here. I think because of what she has been through I spoil her a little more than normal lol but I don't care she deserves it all hahaha
ohmygosh what a touching story!! awww i love when they pick you!! that is so sweet!! i cannot understand how anybody could ever harm such a precious soul as an animal!! i have rescued a few,it breaks my heart that they ever have to go through such a thing!! furbabies always deserve to be spoiled :D;):bluepaw::redheartpump:

Lisakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Peaches, we had a few fruity and non fruity names in mind and she didn’t suit any of them when we saw her. Then we thought of Peaches and it just suited her. We love her being called Peaches and we like to think she does too as she always comes to her name! View attachment 455555
Mango - Following the fruit theme, Peaches and Mango went together well and his colouring suits!
View attachment 455556
Blueberry, or Bluey - we kept the theme and also his colour suits the name
View attachment 455557
Rhubarb, or Rhu as she’s always called instead. Blue’s sister so Blue and Rhu went together well and keeping in theme πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
View attachment 455558
love your gorgeous fruity furbabies and their names!! so fun :happycat: :happycat: :happycat: :happycat:

Lisakitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Patches was supposed to be called Tac, I already had a cat called Tik at the time View attachment 455878View attachment 455879View attachment 455880and thought Tik and Tac would go well. Patches had other ideas he wouldn't respond to Tac so I asked him what he wanted and started saying names. When I said Patches he came straight to me purring so Patches it was. Bandit was named by my hubby I was going to name him coal, but the moment my hubby said Bandit I thought it was a better name for him.
handsome boys :happycat: :happycat: Tik Tac would be cute but i love that he picked his own name and you let him!!:)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohmygosh what a touching story!! awww i love when they pick you!! that is so sweet!! i cannot understand how anybody could ever harm such a precious soul as an animal!! i have rescued a few,it breaks my heart that they ever have to go through such a thing!! furbabies always deserve to be spoiled :D;):bluepaw::redheartpump:
I don't understand it either. It breaks my heart. But in the almost 1 year we have had her she has really come to trust us.

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I saw this and couldn't resist πŸ˜‚
I have three
Little One (aka Princess) started it πŸ˜‚
I thought at first all were girls ( wrong)
So I was going with pricesses
Grayson was supposed to be Princess Grace
And Romeo was Princess Diana. And then the boys showed their true colors LMBO and Romeo was such a Little Love bug so I had to name him Romeo and Grayson had been so used to Grace πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ this was all three when I first got them πŸ˜‚

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
handsome boys :happycat: :happycat: Tik Tac would be cute but i love that he picked his own name and you let
handsome boys :happycat: :happycat: Tik Tac would be cute but i love that he picked his own name and you let him!!:)
The boy's said Thank-you. I had to let him choose his own name. He wasn't having it any other way. :lol: But Patches does suit him, I couldn't even consider any other name for him now.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Timmy doesn't respond to his nsme- someone named him Timmy 7 yrs ago but he's never had any human interaction until me and I've always called him BaBa or baby or sweetie boy( I usually call feral girls Mama ) -since he's been inside I use Timmy but still nothing much so I'm kinda seeing what happens and if he has another name he likes.....( been 60 days he's inside and his "name" is not set in stone YET
TIMMY IS ON THE LEFT

Attachments

price053

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I adopted this beautiful girl from the local animal shelter they told me what her name was but she never responded to it or even acted like she knew the name. (She was also reportedly abused badly 😒)anyway when we brought her she settled in so quick and loved to lay with us for cuddles and love. After a few days of her talking to us all day every day it was official Gabby because she is a very vocal girl. ❀ 😺
That is awesome πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ. She is beautiful too πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ. She is beautiful too πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
Thank you. She is our baby girl..
When we brought her home we clearly saw the signs she was in fact abused... we have had her for almost a year and she is still a little skittish when someone walks by her with shoes. We think she was kicked (with shoes on) and hit.😒😒😒 Without shoes she is fime but as soon as we pick up our shoes to leave the house her eyes are glued on us.. That being said we how to work around it so she knows nothing bad is going to happen. We just walk slowly and talk to her and she is fine and knows nothing bad will happen to her.

EmmySpaghetti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my _girl_ Henry because they told me she was a boy. By the time I figured out she was a girl it was her name, so I guess it’s short for Henrietta! I just prefer people names for my kitties. No particular reason I chose Henry, just liked it. She is 18 years old now. Her brother Jack crossed the bridge 7 years ago.
We had a girl named Pete for the same reason! Her Daddy had her before I met him and his friend, who he got her from, said she was a boy. He took Pete in to get fixed and found out Pete was actually a girl and just kept her name.