How Did Your Cat Choose You?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
What wonderful stories! I love all of the pure goodness and love in this thread.

So my two are pretty straight forward! I hope ya'll will forgive me for all the pics, I take too many.

Fuzzybutt was born in a litter of kittens to our old Mama Cat, who we spayed afterwards and gave to my aunt. She'd gotten out and had relations with a neighbor's cat, who looks just like Fuzzybutt. We were looking for homes for all the kittens, and I didn't expect to keep Fuzzybutt, so I didn't give him a serious name. He was the only long-haired kitten of the group so I called him Fuzzybutt as a joke. Well over time I realized I couldn't part with him (I started "forgetting" to get him out whenever someone came by to meet the kittens) and decided to keep him! But the name stuck, poor thing. But he grew up from this little powderpuff into this giant, 13lb cat that eats, sleeps, and jumps all over the place once I'm asleep!

He grew up from that teeny thing to THIS:

Madonna, on the other hand, was pretty much totally opposite. I used to foster cats and I agreed to take in a number of semi-feral cats that had been trapped from a grocery store parking lot for a couple nights while transport to a rescue was arranged for them. The folks that had trapped them warned me that there was the cutest, long-haired bobtail kitten in the mix, and they had almost kept her themselves. Well, when I went to open the crate that she was in, and she walked out, I gasped and knew immediately that I wanted to keep her. She was the cutest, prettiest kitten I'd ever seen, and I was in love immediately. Needless to say she went nowhere and grew up in the sweetest, most gentle kitty ever, aside from when you want to give her medicine by mouth. Then she's a tiny dangerous demon.

After we fought a digestive problem with her (with some very expensive food), she grew up to be the fat little rabbit loaf she is now!

And anyway, these two love each other and are very similar in personality. They're very sweet and gentle and easy going. And they love to nap and cuddle together and sometimes I'll even catch them grooming each other.

And that's their story!
:hyper: What great stories! They are adorable. Don't apologize, there can Never be too many pictures of our fabulous furry friends!:kiss: :touched::wave2::catrub:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beau, my last living childhood cat, passed in November 2015. To say that I was devastated would be putting it mildly. By June 2016, I was ready to open my heart again.

My stepsister's friend had a cat who had given birth, and the plan was for me to pick one when they were old enough. But one day, I received a text from my mother, who was at work. A coworker had found a kitten outside, with no sign of a litter anywhere. This woman apparently attracts needy animals like a magnet, because her home was too full for one more. She had just asked Mom if she knew anyone who would like a kitten.

I immediately texted back a yes :biggrin:

A week later, Mom brought the kitten home, and I was in love from the moment he was in my arms. Her coworker had been so grateful, she had given me a hundred dollars in a thank-you card to put towards the vet.

Funny thing, though . . . since he was so young, she had mistaken him for a girl! She called "her" Annie, because "she" was a little orphan. I had settled on the name Mabel. Good thing I had scheduled a vet appointment for the very next day. In an instant, Mabel became Charlie :crackup:

KittySoCrazy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got our kitten back in May. Just old enough to give away. I grew up with cats and the one we had the longest was black. We'd had black kittens before but they ran off. This time, I was determined to NOT get a black cat. Went to the farm where the kittens were and a little black cat was following me around everywhere. I wanted to get a grey/white cat which there were a few of, but they kept running away, not wanting to be held! So, yep... guess who got a black kitty cat! She was the only one tame enough to pick up and take home! LOL