tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to keep an eye on her to make sure she didn't fall. Lol
I know. You have to. Elvis fell off my weight bench twice. Silly boy. :gaah:
IMG_2593 (1).JPG

*Elvis. ELVIS. Do you HAVE to pick THIS spot to sleep???*:sigh:
All of a sudden. I'm working away, and THUD.
And then another day.
THUD.
I look behind me to find a cat on the carpet, where before there was a cat on the bench.
A VERY disquieting feeling and sight. This office has ancient carpet and any padding that was underneath it has long compacted beyond any possible usefulness. It's only slightly better than landing on a wood floor. 😟

Last edited:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know. You have to. Elvis fell off my weight bench twice. Silly boy. :gaah:View attachment 454681
*Elvis. ELVIS. Do you HAVE to pick THIS spot to sleep???*:sigh:
They are so funny... they don't care where or how they sleep. Gabby will crawl on my face in the middle of the night I swear she does it ever so slow because I wake up being smothered by her haha then she moves to my neck area.
When we aren't in bed tho she is either in her room on the bed or on the back of the couch like the picture. Yesterday and today I caught her sitting like this lol the first one is today the last two were yesterday

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are so funny... they don't care where or how they sleep. Gabby will crawl on my face in the middle of the night I swear she does it ever so slow because I wake up being smothered by her haha then she moves to my neck area.
When we aren't in bed tho she is either in her room on the bed or on the back of the couch like the picture. Yesterday and today I caught her sitting like this lol the first one is today the last two were yesterday
She's such a lovely girl!
I can't recall any of my cats ever sleeping on me awkwardly like that. But they have and do sleep with me. I have insomnia and I really can't sleep without cats. When I have doors and windows open at night, Elvis prowls and patrols, and I don't sleep well in the heat anyway, so I get up and search for him. He'll come in, cruise the bed, go look out the window beside the bed, and jump down. Sometimes he'll stop for a few bites (he eats in the master bedroom) before continuing his important surveillance.:coolcat:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's such a lovely girl!
I can't recall any of my cats ever sleeping on me awkwardly like that. But they have and do sleep with me. I have insomnia and I really can't sleep without cats. When I have doors and windows open at night, Elvis prowls and patrols, and I don't sleep well in the heat anyway, so I get up and search for him. He'll come in, cruise the bed, go look out the window beside the bed, and jump down. Sometimes he'll stop for a few bites (he eats in the master bedroom) before continuing his important surveillance.:coolcat:
He has to keep his momma safe... and patrolling throughout the night sounds like he does a good job of it
He is like a little kitty cop 🐈 👮‍♂️ lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has to keep his momma safe... and patrolling throughout the night sounds like he does a good job of it
He is like a little kitty cop 🐈 👮‍♂️ lol
Exactly! Cats are actually the BEST guards IMHO. All my life, cats have growled when they hear something unfamiliar/unsettling outside. It's not loud enough to be heard outside, but it alerts ME. :winkcat:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Exactly! Cats are actually the BEST guards IMHO. All my life, cats have growled when they hear something unfamiliar/unsettling outside. It's not loud enough to be heard outside, but it alerts ME. :winkcat:
Unless you're a little girl named Gabby... then when she is at the door and sees anyone (delivery drivers) walking to drop off a package she runs to go hide... lol she is a little scaredy cat but given her past it's understandable
And I now know where the phrase scaredy cat came from literally lol

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless you're a little girl named Gabby... then when she is at the door and sees anyone (delivery drivers) walking to drop off a package she runs to go hide... lol she is a little scaredy cat but given her past it's understandable
And I now know where the phrase scaredy cat came from literally lol
Gabby's still letting you know: "Unidentified approaching!"