Homemade cat food recipe for CKD cat

MAGICKCAT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, do you have any recommendations for homemade cat food recipe for chronic kidney disease cats?

Thanks in advance :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
As long as the phosphorus of all of the components is low (am I remembering correctly your cat is stage 2?) I believe you can use any recipe you're comfortable with.

Definitely read through this first. I don't think we have an article yet on Prey Model Raw.

Homemade & Raw Food For Cats – A Collection of Guides – TheCatSite Articles

A Guide To A Balanced, Homemade Cat Food - Alnutrin Supplements

I wanted to mention that there's a commercial food (Weruva) with no carrageenan, low phos in their regular varieties and a non prescription variety that's a complete food except that the phosphorus is so extremely low the aafco made them put a disclaimer on the containers, Weruva WX.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
here are a couple of threads I found, but I make no guarantee as to how nutritionally accurate they are. When I fed raw, I always used a premix to make sure everything was completely nutritious. Feline Instincts make one (Kidney Support Diet For Cats & Dogs - Feline Instincts) but I'm not familiar with theirs. You could give them a call and ask whether this can be used with cooked meats.