Help Post Spay

Carolynr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got spayed two weeks ago and this has gotten worse and worse. I can’t take her to the vet is there anything I can do

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you can't take her in to the vet. I'd call and ask to talk to the vet who performed the spay. Then send her this photo and tell her you can't make it in but what could you do?

If it were me, I'd text the picture to my mobile vet and see if she could give instructions on drainage and prescribe medication or tell you what you can use OTC.

nese

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is inflamed, I agree if you cannot bring her to vet, you should send this picture to your vet and ask what to do.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really needs to see the vet asap. That does not look good, and the cat really needs the vet, NOW. Why can you not take her in? maybe something we can let you know that will help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Carolynr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you can't take her in to the vet. I'd call and ask to talk to the vet who performed the spay. Then send her this photo and tell her you can't make it in but what could you do?

If it were me, I'd text the picture to my mobile vet and see if she could give instructions on drainage and prescribe medication or tell you what you can use OTC.
She really needs to see the vet asap. That does not look good, and the cat really needs the vet, NOW. Why can you not take her in? maybe something we can let you know that will help?
Hi everyone I am not able to take her due to my schedule and lack of money

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, my vet always let me run mine in for a check up, and he normally did not charge.

Her incision looks like it has separated, and that there is infection. This can be very serious. Serious infections can cause permanent damage, or death. Plus if it is she is most likely in pain, even if she is hiding it well . I really hope you will take her for a vet check asap. I think she really needs to go in.

Carolynr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
any update with your little girl?
Hi, we just finished our appt at the vet. The inner stitching didn’t open it was just the outer layer. It was starting to get infected so she has an antibiotic to take. They didn’t reglue her they said it should heal on its own with the medicine. They gave us clavamox.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im very glad you got her in and checked out. Im also glad the inner stitching didnt open! And hopefully the antibiotic will have her on the road to recovery very soon! Do keep us updated on her. we worry about all the cats on here! :)

Carolynr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im very glad you got her in and checked out. Im also glad the inner stitching didnt open! And hopefully the antibiotic will have her on the road to recovery very soon! Do keep us updated on her. we worry about all the cats on here! :)
Thank you so much

Carolynr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She now has diarrhea any help?

ineedhelpnow

I love FURBABIES!
Young Cat
Purraise
She is fully healed but this Diahrea is terrible.
The diarrhea should start lessening 2-3 days after the course of antibiotics is finished, but it still might take a few weeks until she fully recovers. Antibiotics can rid the intestinal tract of good and bacteria and it will take some time for the natural flora, (good bacteria) to replenish. At this time, probiotics, can help with replenishing the good bacteria that aids in digestion, and if the problems continue after the antibiotics are over then you can continue giving it to her daily until the diarrhea stops.

Plain, nonfat yoghurt with live & active cultures would be best, but of course I would ask the vet first. Nonfat yoghurt has the least amount of lactose which causes digestive problems with cats. Ideally, nonfat lactose free yoghurt would be better but that's hard to find. Just give her 3 teaspoons of yoghurt a day, you can mix it into her food or give it separately, but usually cats love licking up dairy products on their own.

Good luck :)