Help, Not Sure The Vet Get The Right Diagnostic.

Noirele

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mmh, that looks like paradoxical breathing. It could be pleural effusion or even a diaphragmatic hernia after trauma. Not bronchitis, I am afraid, you are right.
I understand your problem with far away vets, but it's really an emergency if that's the case

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Mmh, that looks like paradoxical breathing. It could be pleural effusion or even a diaphragmatic hernia after trauma. Not bronchitis, I am afraid, you are right.
I understand your problem with far away vets, but it's really an emergency if that's the case
Ageed, with pleural effusion it doesn't take instant effect, it takes some time for the fluid to gather at the lungs... which is why the last few days were manageable but it could be an tremendous downhill at any moment.

Again these are just guesses, you will need another vets opinion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know that emergency vets in some countries are not always as advanced as in USA. Sometimes it is just a sleeping guy that is ready to take a phone call, especially in the rural area or small cities. So rather than looking for emergency vet, the op needs to find a vet with proper diagnostic tools as often so called emergency vets don’t even have it.

If I were you, and since you speak English, I would probably find an open vet somewhere in the other part of the World and call them (through Skype) asking what can you do till tomorrow.

And also, the fact that the cat is still alive after 5 days doesn’t mean that her condition doesn’t deteriorate. Any delay may have consequences.

Good luck!!!
Well I know her condition did not deteriorated because the vet that did this diagnostic saw her today and said her condition neither improved or deteriorated over the 4 days !

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are lots of vets in Craiova, which should be closer to you. Here are the results of the search I did: Google Maps

I can't read the information on the websites, but you can look over them to find one that advertises x ray services.

Whether or not you take your cat to one of these vets in the morning for more work is ultimately your choice. I hope you do take her in, because those videos you took of her struggling to breathe are alarming and if she can't sleep she won't get better. I also worry that her leg hasn't been taken care of. Personally I think she might need to be hospitalized.

I hope she gets better soon!
I took her to the vet and apparently she only has bronchitis. They could not find anyother thing wrong with her. And las night she managed to sleep bacause I put her with the chest on my foot so she can stay elavated and sleep and she did. I think she took more damage then just the broken foot but not enough to brake something else, but I think she has a strained rib or something because when she is sleeping she breathes relatively normal which makes me think she is in pain and that's why she can't breath.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my opinion this is a trauma that had the cat have difficulties at expanding her chest.
It could be a pleural effusion, a broken rib, a diaphragm injury.

What scares me is that, whatever your cat has, the first vet gave her a vaccine!

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In my opinion this is a trauma that had the cat have difficulties at expanding her chest.
It could be a pleural effusion, a broken rib, a diaphragm injury.

What scares me is that, whatever your cat has, the first vet gave her a vaccine!
I took her to another vet and the frist vet was acutally right she has bronchitis but it's a vary advance stage! She will still have to get an vacine every day for a few days and she is geting something caled aerosl now too, to open her trachea so she can breath better. And I already seen some improvement in her condition today cause she finally managed to sleep on her own without needing to stay elevated plus she eat better today !

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that by "vaccine" you want to mean "antibiotic".
Aerosol is the right term, also called nebulizing.
You can nebulize saline solution, a medicine or a combination of the two.

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think that by "vaccine" you want to mean "antibiotic".
Aerosol is the right term, also called nebulizing.
You can nebulize saline solution, a medicine or a combination of the two.
Yes, that's what I ment but in my country we call a vaccine anything that is done with a syringe so I kind of translated it like that .