Help, Not Sure The Vet Get The Right Diagnostic.

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To be more specific my vet said the cat has bronchitis, but from online videos of cats that have that all of them cough, my cat doesn't cough she only breathes hard. Some backstory well this is a street cat that was staying around my apartment building I'm talking about and she kind of disappered about 2 weeks ago. When she reappears she was very skinny limping on one foot and breathing like this. The vet said that she had a broken leg and that she has bronchitis. I'm inclined to think she was hit by a car because she was always crossing a busy street! Now the thing is the vet gave us some pills to give the cat for 3 days take a break for 1 day and then visit him again today. Now today he said tha cat condition was the same no change so he started him on a vaccine treatment or something like that. Problem is the poor cat can't breath in anyother position other then staying with his back feets down and front ones up and because of that she can't sleep at all I think she did not sleep at all for all the 5 days it was in our care cause I've never seen her sleep, I've seen her trying to lay down but then she seems to not be able to breath and start breathing even faster and get up because she can't breath.If I hold him from under the head with my hand he tries to fall a sleep like that. Is the vet right is this bronchitis or did he ****ed up ? Here's a links with vidoes :

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That looks scary. Not sure exactly what meds they have put him on, nor do I think you do. What might be the next steps? Is he able to eat/drink/use the litterbox?

I think that a second vet, perhaps even an emergency vet, opinion is in order. That breathing is way too strained. If there was in fact an accident, there are likely to be internal injuries.

Please seek additional help.

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, I also think your cat should be taken to emergency for further diagnostics. For her comfort can you try to put together a bed that will raise her front end off the ground so she can breathe easy and try to sleep? You could do something very simple with a few pillows and blankets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. That looks scary. Not sure exactly what meds they have put him on, nor do I think you do. What might be the next steps? Is he able to eat/drink/use the litterbox?

I think that a second vet, perhaps even an emergency vet, opinion is in order. That breathing is way too strained. If there was in fact an accident, there are likely to be internal injuries.

Please seek additional help.
I intend to take her to a second vet tomorrow, yes she can eat drink and use the litter box but it seems to be hard for her to do it :(

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I also think your cat should be taken to emergency for further diagnostics. For her comfort can you try to put together a bed that will raise her front end off the ground so she can breathe easy and try to sleep? You could do something very simple with a few pillows and blankets.
We don't have emorgency rooms for animals in my town we have to vets and right now it's close at both, but she was breathing like this for 5 days now so I think it's not something that might just kill her overnight so I'll thake her to another vet tomorow. And I tried to make something out of pillows to elevate her head but she just does not want to use it she only want's to use my hand for that and as you can imagin that's not something I can do for a long period of time :(

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In that case you will have to look further afield. She is in distress and really needs someone competent to look at her.
Well she will have to hold out till tomorow then cause even if I wanted to get her to a vet right now I can't as far as I know there is no city in my country that has 24h vets or vet emergency room and it's night here, the only city that might have that is the capital and that's way too far, like far enough to be morning by the time I get there with the car so that would be a bad decision because bumpy roads can and probably will aggravate her condition.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Poor baby. Put everything close by for her so she doesn't have to struggle so much. So glad you intend to get her to another vet as soon as possible. She really needs some help. She will tire out eventually, and will stop eating, etc. Also, glad she is a fighter!!

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor baby. Put everything close by for her so she doesn't have to struggle so much. So glad you intend to get her to another vet as soon as possible. She really needs some help. She will tire out eventually, and will stop eating, etc. Also, glad she is a fighter!!
Yep she is a fighter, even thought I think she did not sleep for like 4 day possible even more she still seems to have energy to walk around, thought at this rate if she does not get help she will tire out :(

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
We don't have emorgency rooms for animals in my town we have to vets and right now it's close at both, but she was breathing like this for 5 days now so I think it's not something that might just kill her overnight so I'll thake her to another vet tomorow. And I tried to make something out of pillows to elevate her head but she just does not want to use it she only want's to use my hand for that and as you can imagin that's not something I can do for a long period of time :(
If you let us know your city/country we can look it up online if there’s another vet near you. Whether it has x-ray machines or an emergency vet.

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you let us know your city/country we can look it up online if there’s another vet near you. Whether it has x-ray machines or an emergency vet.
Contry Romania,City Caracal

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
You had mentioned the capital is too far away and it would be morning by the time you get there... but just because you go to the other local vet it doesn’t mean they are equipped to handle this situation (no x-ray for one). In which case precious time is lost....

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I managed to find 13 vet emergency hospitals that are open 24 hours a day. You might want to step on this as the injury looks fatal....

The closests ones would be in Bucharest (there’s like 9 there) or the city of Deva.

Sadly all of thous are way too far :(

Gakomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You had mentioned the capital is too far away and it would be morning by the time you get there... but just because you go to the other local vet it doesn’t mean they are equipped to handle this situation (no x-ray for one). In which case precious time is lost....
We have x-ray city that is not too far but it is open only by day, plus I kind of don't have the money to travel very far and then pay for the treatment too so money is an issue too. And frankly I don't think she is in very imminent danger because she seems to be full of life other then the hard breathing witch she had for 4 days that I know of and she might have had it for longer cause like I said she disappeared for like 2 weeks. Plus I'm just worried for all I know the vet might have been right he is suppose to be the best in the area!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that emergency vets in some countries are not always as advanced as in USA. Sometimes it is just a sleeping guy that is ready to take a phone call, especially in the rural area or small cities. So rather than looking for emergency vet, the op needs to find a vet with proper diagnostic tools as often so called emergency vets don’t even have it.

If I were you, and since you speak English, I would probably find an open vet somewhere in the other part of the World and call them (through Skype) asking what can you do till tomorrow.

And also, the fact that the cat is still alive after 5 days doesn’t mean that her condition doesn’t deteriorate. Any delay may have consequences.

Good luck!!!

Last edited:

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are lots of vets in Craiova, which should be closer to you. Here are the results of the search I did: Google Maps

I can't read the information on the websites, but you can look over them to find one that advertises x ray services.

Whether or not you take your cat to one of these vets in the morning for more work is ultimately your choice. I hope you do take her in, because those videos you took of her struggling to breathe are alarming and if she can't sleep she won't get better. I also worry that her leg hasn't been taken care of. Personally I think she might need to be hospitalized.

I hope she gets better soon!