Help My Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wardell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IS this product specifically for cats.......or, is it for people ?

IF it's a people' shampoo, you may have or be poisoning her !
No it for cats and I will call them and see what they say

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
was the other cat male? was he neutered? any possibility she might be pregnant?

Also, has her peeing changed? Does she drink more/less than she used to?

wardell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No the other cat was a girl as well she same to be peeing the same

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Gizmoandsooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not going to judge you here but try a different kitty litter with your cat. The smell might remind her of the other cat.
Also see if you can get your kitty desexed because that will stop most things.

Gizmoandsooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also have you heard of feliway spray?
If you buy a bottle of that it helps calm your kitty down.
Also get your cat checked for fleas

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Also have you heard of feliway spray?
If you buy a bottle of that it helps calm your kitty down.
Also get your cat checked for fleas
Feliway diffusers are pretty expensive ($50CAD) where I live not sure how much the spray is. But he is having trouble keeping the power/water on.

Good idea for the future though!

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would quit using the shampoo. Then wipe her down with a damp cloth to remove any shampoo. It may take several wipes to be sure that you've removed all of the residue.

Also, have you started using new chemicals in your home? Or just changed what you have been using? Floor polish, etc?

Good luck.Please keep us posted.

wardell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. Now that you mention it. I did change her liter they were out of the one I usually get. She came out for food and I went to let her and she practically begged me to pet her. She was like a child asking to to picked up. So I managed to a onesie on her af that she came to the living room and sat with me. The onesie is very small and it still offing off her but but it will work out for to night

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the advice. Now that you mention it. I did change her liter they were out of the one I usually get. She came out for food and I went to let her and she practically begged me to pet her. She was like a child asking to to picked up. So I managed to a onesie on her af that she came to the living room and sat with me. The onesie is very small and it still offing off her but but it will work out for to night
That’s great news, keep it up!

wardell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So apparently she is extra sensitive. She stayed with most of night but at like 2am I need to go to the bathroom. So I eased her off my chest she fussed at me when I got back her feelings were hurt and she went back to the litter box

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww. At least she stayed with until you got up. Maybe tonight too!!! I hope so.

Also, when you can, hopefully soon, go back to the other litter. With any luck, over time, that might solve her issues!!

wardell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got an cone coller I have not been successful in putting it on but I noticed around her claws are black, what does that mean? Are is it just from sleeping in the litter box ?

wardell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the coller not a good idea it made her more stressed out

sabrinah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had to board my cat once for a week and she slept in the litterbox the entire time and lost mass amounts of fur. Her back was nearly bald! It took some time to make her feel better again, even once she was back home.

Are her nails entirely black or is there just black gunk underneath the nail? As much as she hates the cone she really does need to wear it, or at least a onesie. I would switch her litter back to her usual one if they have it in stock and stop using the shampoo just in case.

Bach Rescue Remedy for Pets is cheaper than Feliway and might work. It does wonders for my cat and dog on the Fourth of July! It's an oil that you can put in food, water, or rub into the ears/nose/paws. 20 mLs is $15, 10 mLs is $9. It's safe to rub into irritated areas of the skin, apply directly to bedding, mix with water and spray the entire area or animal, or mix with pet safe lotion and rub it into the fur. Rescue Remedy also has a spray and cream for people that are regularly used on pets. Rescue Remedy drops for humans have been used on pets for many, many years and is still highly recommended. Bach specifically states that their original product is safe for cats, dogs, and horses, so if you can't get the pet version the human one is fine. The pet version is online just about everywhere, and the human version is in all the grocery stores around here.

Rescue Remedy

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Claws come in different colors even on the same cat. Most as translucent white, but some are black and some white splotched with black. If the color doesn't wipe off, that's just the way her claws are.

wardell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got the smallest coller they had but its big. It's adjustable but she can still get out. Ever since I put the onesie on her she has not gotten back to the litter box. She now stays by my side at all times. And I give her all the cuddles she want.